2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Bullitt ADM's...

Search this Thread

Old 11/26/07, 02:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Brian what PNW car dealership do you work at I live in Walla Walla wa. I was just curious I might need to pay you a visit.
Old 11/26/07, 07:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Poisoned Pony
I can tell you from experience that the 2 Ford dealers we have here are marking up. The dealer closest to me is a small town one, has 1 CS/GT on the lot that's marked up $5k right now. The larger one in the larger town by our post has a couple Shelby GT's on the lot marked up $10k. When the GT500 came out right before I deployed, they were asking $75k for their's. I may stop in tomorrow to see what they're asking for the Bullitt.
Thats disgusting! I sold my buddy his CS Vert for X-Plan. Had he not been able to get a PIN number from BON, I would have sold it to him for $200 over invoice. Some dealers just boggle my mind.

I'll sell ANY Mustang that isn't a Shelby or a Bullitt for only a few hundred over invoice. This way, the customer gets a good discount and we get a good deal. Everyone his happy.
Old 11/26/07, 11:20 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RBULLIT4449
Hey Brian what PNW car dealership do you work at I live in Walla Walla wa. I was just curious I might need to pay you a visit.
I'm really not here to sell cars, hence the very vague location of PNW in my profile. I'm about 350 miles away from you, anyway, so not quite convenient for a visit.

You might know an acquaintence of mine, though, as it appears you are already a Bullitt owner. Vicki is in Spokane. She's a moderator at www.imboc.com and part of the Inland Empire Mustang Club. She could point you in the right direction for a dealership that would treat you right.
Old 11/26/07, 11:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Gosh, that's sad! We have two GT/CS's here today - both 2008's. Publicly priced to anyone below MSRP...

Blue Coupe MSRP = $34,775. Our Price = $33,169 - $1,000 rebate = $32,169.

Redfire Vert MSRP = $37,490. Our Price = $35,775 - $1,000 rebate = $34,775.

Why any dealer thinks they'll get an ADM is beyond me. We special order GT/CS's for just $599 over invoice (which is well below MSRP).

Now, keep in mind that a serious buyer at your local dealership will likely end up buying one of those cars for much less than the initial asking price, so it would be interesting to know the actual sale price when all is said and done. I firmly believe Bullitts will be widely available for MSRP (or less).
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Thats disgusting! I sold my buddy his CS Vert for X-Plan. Had he not been able to get a PIN number from BON, I would have sold it to him for $200 over invoice. Some dealers just boggle my mind.

I'll sell ANY Mustang that isn't a Shelby or a Bullitt for $500 over invoice. This way, the customer gets a good discount and we get a good deal. Everyone his happy.
I think what it is, is in fact where I live. Middle of nowhere, in a military town. Soldiers come back from deployment, have a bunch of cash in the bank and want a car now. I'm willing to bet if I made the trip to Austin or San Antonio, there would no mark-ups. That's what I tell other soldiers inmy unit, but 90% of the time, they don't listen
Old 11/26/07, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Poisoned Pony
I think what it is, is in fact where I live. Middle of nowhere, in a military town. Soldiers come back from deployment, have a bunch of cash in the bank and want a car now. I'm willing to bet if I made the trip to Austin or San Antonio, there would no mark-ups. That's what I tell other soldiers inmy unit, but 90% of the time, they don't listen
That's probably it. I work in a major metropolitan area with about 20 Ford dealers within 100 miles of me, so we have to be super competitive to survive. Within just 10 miles of us, we have about 8 other Ford dealers to compete against.
Old 11/26/07, 03:47 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts

I'll sell ANY Mustang that isn't a Shelby or a Bullitt for only a few hundred over invoice. This way, the customer gets a good discount and we get a good deal. Everyone his happy.
So in other words..if your selling any Mustang that isn't a Shelby or Bullitt, for only a few hundred over invoice ! Then obviously your adding ADM markups on Bullitts, well above MSRP..
Old 11/26/07, 03:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
So in other words..if your selling any Mustang that isn't a Shelby or Bullitt, for only a few hundred over invoice ! Then obviously your adding ADM markups on Bullitts, well above MSRP..
ROCKY, Where did I say that?!!! I didn't say that? Your assuming that?!!Find me somewhere where I've posted that we would be marking up Bullitt Mustangs? I was replying about the regulars V6 & GT's, and my reply had nothing to do with the Bullitt. But I'll tell you, THERE IS NO MARKUPs ON BULLITTS!! MSRP is what we are asking, since we most likely will only get a few. If you go into the thread where Gary from the UK is looking for one, I posted that I would sell him one at MSRP! If you have a question, feel free to ask bud. Just don't assume please.
Old 11/26/07, 04:42 PM
Cobra Member

ROCKY, Where did I say that?!!! I didn't say that? Your assuming that?!!Find me somewhere where I've posted that we would be marking up Bullitt Mustangs? I was replying about the regulars V6 & GT's, and my reply had nothing to do with the Bullitt. But I'll tell you, THERE IS NO MARKUPs ON BULLITTS!! MSRP is what we are asking, since we most likely will only get a few. If you go into the thread where Gary from the UK is looking for one, I posted that I would sell him one at MSRP! If you have a question, feel free to ask bud. Just don't assume please.
You haven't said that, in fact you've said the opposite.

Rocky though won't rest until someone "admits" there is an '08 Bullitt with an ADM well above MSRP.
Old 11/26/07, 04:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by RCSignals

Rocky though won't rest until someone "admits" there is an '08 Bullitt with an ADM well above MSRP.
Thanks for the support RC! Yeah, your right about that. Seems like he's trying to "start something" with someone on here.
Old 11/26/07, 05:09 PM

Jeff ! I'm not here to start anything..I just simply assumed incorrectly, and misunderstood..It was an un-intentional mistake on my part, and for that..You have my deepest, and most sincere apology..
Old 11/26/07, 05:13 PM

Alright, I've rested..I believe you guys OK !
Old 11/26/07, 05:17 PM

You haven't said that, in fact you've said the opposite. Rocky though won't rest until someone "admits" there is an '08 Bullitt with an ADM well above MSRP.
Rocky, just so you can sleep better tonight, I will admit openly here that we sold two of our 07 GT500's for $25K over MSRP, and the other four of our 07 GT500's for $10K over MSRP. Sold our first 08 GT500 for $7K over MSRP (the market is really starting to cool off on GT500's). Sold our first 07 Shelby GT for $6K over MSRP (but all the other SGT's at MSRP).

Take those 8 cars out of the equation, though, and every other single Mustang we've sold since I started in 1999 was MSRP or less (probably 90% of them below MSRP, FYI). Literarly hundreds and hundreds of them for awesome prices. We did not collect ADM's on the 8 cars above to make up for lost money on the others, like you've accused 05fordgt of doing, before you go accusing us of that, too.

Worth noting, we sell a typical diesel 4x4 for about $3K below MSRP (before any rebates are deducted), and we sell about 70 times as many diesels as GT500's, so we forego over $200K on diesel trucks for every $10K ADM on a GT500. And that's just our diesel trucks. Add in everything else we sell way below sticker, and we probably forego $500K in monies below MSRP for each $10K ADM on a GT500.

Collecting an ADM on a hot car is by no means a method to recoup that lost potential income. It is simply charging a competitive price that is market correct based on supply and demand. Please don't make it out to be "well we had to discount these cars, so let's whack a customer on a ______ Mustang" (pick your favorite SE model to fill in the blank).
Old 11/26/07, 05:18 PM

Alright, I've rested..I believe you guys OK !
Sorry, Rocky, I was in the middle of typing my response when you submitted yours.
Old 11/26/07, 08:03 PM

Sorry, Rocky, I was in the middle of typing my response when you submitted yours.
I'm totally with you Brian, and If it hadn't been for my previous mis-assumption of Jeff's post..I wouldn't had submitted such a dumb response, in the first place..

It's just as Jeff said..If whenever in doubt ! don't assume, just ask questions.

Needless to say, I'll definitely make certain of that.. from now on
Old 11/26/07, 09:48 PM
GT Member

adm's on the 08 bullitt?

very simply dealers will be selling them for msrp or less unless... you offer to pay more. "if you do offer they will agree"! i dont know of a single dealer that will say no!
Old 11/27/07, 12:23 AM

Hey Brian thanks for your reply. I do know Vicky and Bill very well we have done several cruises with them they are very cool people. You don't need to post the town of the dealership that you work at. A simple yes or no to my next ?. Did you sell Bill his 00 Cobra R?
Old 11/27/07, 04:25 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
... Collecting an ADM on a hot car is by no means a method to recoup that lost potential income...
It's also a method of losing customers forever whether from those who are able to afford it or from those who aren't, all for a short term gain. Low sales can be partly attributed to the present state of the economy. Another factor is the treatment received by customers or potential customers. That is usually called lost revenue.

The term pay me now or pay me later applies to both sides and it matters little how sweet dealers are to potential customers with respect to vehicles not in high demand, people will always remember how bitter dealers and their personnel have been when riding on a high horse.
Old 11/27/07, 05:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Rocky, just so you can sleep better tonight, I will admit openly here that we sold two of our 07 GT500's for $25K over MSRP, and the other four of our 07 GT500's for $10K over MSRP. Sold our first 08 GT500 for $7K over MSRP (the market is really starting to cool off on GT500's). Sold our first 07 Shelby GT for $6K over MSRP (but all the other SGT's at MSRP).

Take those 8 cars out of the equation, though, and every other single Mustang we've sold since I started in 1999 was MSRP or less (probably 90% of them below MSRP, FYI). Literarly hundreds and hundreds of them for awesome prices. We did not collect ADM's on the 8 cars above to make up for lost money on the others, like you've accused 05fordgt of doing, before you go accusing us of that, too.

Worth noting, we sell a typical diesel 4x4 for about $3K below MSRP (before any rebates are deducted), and we sell about 70 times as many diesels as GT500's, so we forego over $200K on diesel trucks for every $10K ADM on a GT500. And that's just our diesel trucks. Add in everything else we sell way below sticker, and we probably forego $500K in monies below MSRP for each $10K ADM on a GT500.

Collecting an ADM on a hot car is by no means a method to recoup that lost potential income. It is simply charging a competitive price that is market correct based on supply and demand. Please don't make it out to be "well we had to discount these cars, so let's whack a customer on a ______ Mustang" (pick your favorite SE model to fill in the blank).
Thanks for the transparency regarding this information. I assume at your dealership the overall volume is high enough between new and used cars that the + side of ledger gets the greater weight!
Old 11/27/07, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by RBULLIT4449
Hey Brian thanks for your reply. I do know Vicky and Bill very well we have done several cruises with them they are very cool people. You don't need to post the town of the dealership that you work at. A simple yes or no to my next ?. Did you sell Bill his 00 Cobra R?
No, did not sell Bill his 00 Cobra R; we weren't one of the lucky dealers to get an '00 Cobra R, although we did get a '95 Cobra R. Vicki and Bill know where I'm at. I tracked Vicki's '01 Bullitt on the rail for her before she took delivery. I went on a Bullitt cruise in early 2002 with them to Birch Bay in my silver '00 Mustang Spring Feature GT. I was the only non-Bullitt in the cruise.

As you know Vicki and Bill, you may know their friends Barry and Barb? They have a Torch Red '03 Mach 1. I had an Azure Blue '03 Mach 1 that I got personalized license plates for that read "R-MACH1." I had no idea when I ordered them, that one of Barry and Barb's kids had that exact plate on their '69 Mach 1 up until a couple months before I requested that plate. Small world!

As I mentioned, I'm not here to sell cars. I'm an enthusiast posting in my off time for leisure. However, Vicki and Bill (or Barry and Barb) could point you my way and I'd be happy to assist with an 08 Bullitt or any other Ford products.
Old 11/27/07, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
It's also a method of losing customers forever whether from those who are able to afford it or from those who aren't, all for a short term gain. Low sales can be partly attributed to the present state of the economy. Another factor is the treatment received by customers or potential customers. That is usually called lost revenue.

The term pay me now or pay me later applies to both sides and it matters little how sweet dealers are to potential customers with respect to vehicles not in high demand, people will always remember how bitter dealers and their personnel have been when riding on a high horse.
I have spoken with every one of our GT500 customers a lot after the sale. All come back to us for service, all stay and chit-chat with us, several show their GT500's at our annual Mustang show, etc. A few have bought additional vehicles from us since they bought the GT500's (one guy has even bought 2 vehicles from us since getting his GT500!). Keep in mind that while we got ADM's on the GT500's, our ADM's were less than the going ADM's elsewhere, and these guys all did their homework and shopped us before buying from us. They all told us our price was competitive, so we came out looking good to these guys.

If we had been demanding prices well above the market average, we would have looked stupid and greedy, and our cars would have sat unsold for long periods of time. The longest any of our 07 GT500's sat unsold was for 1 day! Took just 2 phone calls to get it sold. The first phone call went to a guy who wanted the car and was OK at the price, but he and his wife had just committed to a real estate purchase and decided to check back in '08 for a GT500 instead.

Now, back to Bullitts. We have never charged an ADM on a Bullitt - either in 2001 or 2008. The Bullitt is not going to be an ADM kind of product. Nice product, mind you, but not one that enough people know about or care about. I'd be surprised if Ford ended up building all 7,700 that they're projecting.

Quick Reply: Bullitt ADM's...