2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Bullitt ADM's...

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/07, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bar
What is difference between A and Z plans? I ask because I found out I'm related to a former VP at Ford, and may qualify for one of those plans (instead of "just" Xplan).
I'll have to check the paperwork I have at the house...they may be the same price. A-Plan is for current Ford employees, Z-Plan for retired employees. I know that the difference between X and Z is just over 1K on my order.

Chevys,

I posted what I did to show that not all dealers are bad. Another one in NH also offered to do it for me, but it would have been a bit more due to drop-shipping the car. Many, many out there are just in it for the money, but not all.
Old 11/20/07, 06:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chevys
Amen to you! Screw the Ford dealers! Thank you for the info. F the dealers. I mean that! Too bad so sad Ford dealers. You are idiots in general. I hate you all.

Is Ford listeneing? I doubt it and who gives a ****.
Everyone, I'm sorry to go off-topic here, but I need to do this for the good of the Ford salepeople who are on these boards.

Hey Eric (chevys), I would really like you to change your post with the "I hate you all" attitude, and the swearing, in regards to dealers! I take MAJOR EXCEPTION to the "all" part of your quote! Ask around here. I have been giving solid advice since I've been a member here (over 3 1/2 years), and I've been selling Fords at the same dealer for almost 11 of my 31 years of life. You want to know what I have done to help people? Take a seat and start reading!

Recently, I've priced out Bullitt orders for Wally05, 05retro, J18369, goesfast, and several others so they know what to expect in terms of pricing when they go order one.
If anyone ever wants to know what the current incentives are in their area, they PM me with their ZIP, and I send them back the info. If someone has a question in regards to the figures they get or the info their local dealer is giving them, they PM me, and I give them my advise. I would need many sets of hands so I can use fingers to count the people I've helped. I've sold 7 cars to different members here, and sell discounted Ford ESP's as well. Why do I do this? TO HELP PEOPLE AND MAKE FRIENDS!! At car shows, people recognize my car from this site and from what they read. I do my job for the cars and for the people, not for the money. If you don't want to believe me, then thats your problem, and your issues.

I'm a Mustang nut to the core and own one (see my sig). Not every salesperson is stupid, unknowledgeable, and out to get people. There are a few of us who actually give a **** about helping people and making friends. I have 5 of my customers join me at car shows all the time, and at the All-Ford Nats in Carlisle. How many salespeople would hang out with their customers and talk to them outside of work on a constant basis? Not many I would guess. I have the passion for cars and I share it with my customers. I can understand you have a certain hatred towards some salespeople you have dealt with in the past, but just aim that hatred at the people who deserve it.

What Mike wrote above is totally true, not all salepeople are bad. The salespeople on this forum are extremely helpful. Get over your hatred Eric. Sorry for that rant everyone. But I just can't take that type of hatred on these boards, when it comes to salespeople. Especially those who actually try and help people. If he didn't use the "I hate you all" sentiment, This post wouldn't have been like it was. Please forgive me, but it needed to be done. Soap box rant over.
Old 11/20/07, 06:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by bar
What is difference between A and Z plans? I ask because I found out I'm related to a former VP at Ford, and may qualify for one of those plans (instead of "just" Xplan).
Hey Brian, how are you related? If your a nephew, you normally won't get it. Now, with that said, since he was a VP in the company, he may be able to bend a few straws. Normally, the way it goes is Spouse, Parents (iincluding step, and in-laws), Children (step, and in-laws) and grandparents/children are eligible. Only ones that aren't are Aunts, Uncles, Nieces, Nephews, and Cousins. They would be eligible for an X-Plan PIN from an A/Z-Plan employee. To be sure, I would give him a call and see what he can do for you.
Old 11/20/07, 07:51 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ImEvil1
Currently $1500 in rebates, but the dealer said that it may change before the cars arrive (he thinks that the extra $500 will disappear in Jan, but that I should still get the 1K).
Unfortunately, the way Ford (and most manufacturers) handle rebates is that you get whatever is available at the "time of delivery" not the time you ordered the car.

That said, Ford just announced yesterday that the $1,000 Ford Bonus Cash Rebate AND the special finance rates available on 2008 Mustangs will exclude Bullitt and Shelby GT after November 30th, 2007. (GT500's are already excluded).

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, so please don't shoot the messenger.

Now, Ford may very well change their minds yet again, but starting December 1st, there are no rebates or special finance rates for Bullitts or any of the Shelbys, just V6, GT, and GT/CS.
Old 11/20/07, 08:00 PM

Did that info come from the Ford website? I checked there and it said the Bullitt was eligible through 11/30, which doesn't make any sense since the car isn't being made yet.
Old 11/20/07, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by chevys
Amen to you! Screw the Ford dealers! Thank you for the info. F the dealers. I mean that! Too bad so sad Ford dealers. You are idiots in general. I hate you all.
05fordgt has already addressed this, but I feel the need to chime in, as well. While I'm new to this website, I have spent the past 7 years actively helping out fellow Mustang enthusiasts all over the internet. You'll find thousands of posts from me under the name "Five Oh B" or "Five Oh Brian" at www.blueovalnews.com, www.imboc.com, www.mach1registry.com, www.stangsunleashed.com, etc. I have bent over backwards to provide timely and meaningful info to my fellow Mustang enthusiasts, while learning from them in the process. I've owned six Mustangs, am an avid drag racer, modify every car I buy, attend car shows, etc.

I'm a Mustang enthusiast first and foremost, but just happen to work at a Ford dealership (8+ years). I was an enthusiast long before I ever thought of working in a dealership, and that's what drew me to want to work at a dealership in the first place.

I realize there are a lot of dumb salespeople out there who just view their work as a "job" and they do very little to learn their job well. Many make up stuff, lie, or cheat to make a sale. That's a shame, and it is not unique to the car business by any means!

However, there are plenty of us in the business who take it seriously, enjoy it with a passion, learn everything we can about the product, and view our employment as a career - not just a job.
Old 11/20/07, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by ImEvil1
Did that info come from the Ford website? I checked there and it said the Bullitt was eligible through 11/30, which doesn't make any sense since the car isn't being made yet.
No, I got this info directly from a Ford announcement to dealers yesterday. Basically, Ford did not exclude Bullitts previously as they weren't even in production to worry about it, so many people took that to mean that Bullitts would be treated just like regular GT's for incentives. However, now that production is drawing nearer, Ford is being more specific about what Mustang GT models the incentives are for.

Here is the exact text of Ford's announcement to dealers...

Ford Division is cancelling the Bonus Customer Cash for all new 2008-Model Mustang Shelby GT and Mustang GT Bullitt, effective December 1, 2007.
Old 11/20/07, 08:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
05fordgt has already addressed this, but I feel the need to chime in, as well. While I'm new to this website, I have spent the past 7 years actively helping out fellow Mustang enthusiasts all over the internet. You'll find thousands of posts from me under the name "Five Oh B" or "Five Oh Brian" at www.blueovalnews.com, www.imboc.com, www.mach1registry.com, www.stangsunleashed.com, etc. I have bent over backwards to provide timely and meaningful info to my fellow Mustang enthusiasts, while learning from them in the process. I've owned six Mustangs, am an avid drag racer, modify every car I buy, attend car shows, etc.

I'm a Mustang enthusiast first and foremost, but just happen to work at a Ford dealership (8+ years). I was an enthusiast long before I ever thought of working in a dealership, and that's what drew me to want to work at a dealership in the first place.

I realize there are a lot of dumb salespeople out there who just view their work as a "job" and they do very little to learn their job well. Many make us stuff, lie, or cheat to make a sale. That's a shame, and it is not unique to the car business by any means!

However, there are plenty of us in the business who take it seriously, enjoy it with a passion, learn everything we can about the product, and view our employment as a career - not just a job.
Well said Brian! This IS a career for me, and I LOVE IT!!! Glad to have you on the boards brother!
Old 11/20/07, 08:12 PM

No, I got this info directly from a Ford announcement to dealers yesterday. Basically, Ford did not exclude Bullitts previously as they weren't even in production to worry about it, so many people took that to mean that Bullitts would be treated just like regular GT's for incentives. However, now that production is drawing nearer, Ford is being more specific about what Mustang GT models the incentives are for.

Ford Division is cancelling the Bonus Customer Cash for all new 2008-Model Mustang Shelby GT and Mustang GT Bullitt, effective December 1, 2007.
Thanks for the info.
Old 11/20/07, 08:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm getting tired of Ford & am thinking its just a car with a motor that gets me from A to B so I may dump it as I had an issue with over spray on the rust proof that has never been finalized from the Dealer or Ford.ca so they can stick it if all they care on is stats and sales. Yah I'm bummed out about it all and it is such a well running factory order too.
Attached Thumbnails Bullitt ADM's...-clover-point-010.jpg   Bullitt ADM's...-clover-point-002.jpg   Bullitt ADM's...-rust-protection-huh-001.jpg   Bullitt ADM's...-rust-protection-huh-002.jpg   Bullitt ADM's...-rust-protection-huh-004.jpg  

Old 11/20/07, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Well said Brian! This IS a career for me, and I LOVE IT!!! Glad to have you on the boards brother!
Thanks for the warm welcome! Happy to be here. I'll provide info, and I'll request it in return. We all learn from each other.
Old 11/20/07, 10:36 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

I've met some really great Ford Salemen on mustang sites, like 05FordGT and Michael Morris.
In fact if it wasn't for a Ford Dealer on stangsunleashed (ShelbyDude), I wouldn't have known about the 08 SGT being X-plan eligible a few days ago (2 Nov). Also my dealer, Michael Morris, told me about the $1K Military appreciation incentive, 3.9% financing, and the $1K rebate. Using these 2 rebates/incentives were a better deal than the X-plan so I went that route.

If I have my facts straight, these incentives will only be available on the 08 SGT from 28 days (2 Nov -30 Nov). Glad you dealers made me aware of this info so that I could buy the car before they went away. Thanks.

Anyway, I obviously appreciate the info these dealers (including you) have provided me on these forums.
Old 11/21/07, 07:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks for the warm welcome! Happy to be here. I'll provide info, and I'll request it in return. We all learn from each other.
No problem bud! We'll learn from each other. I'm a car nut to the 100x degree!!! You should just see my office. Pictures galore, Foose and Shelby autographs, and 60 1:18 scale Ford related diecasts (Aston Martin, Saleen, GT40s, and especially Mustangs, among other things)
Old 11/21/07, 09:40 AM
bar
GT Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey Brian, how are you related? If your a nephew, you normally won't get it. Now, with that said, since he was a VP in the company, he may be able to bend a few straws. Normally, the way it goes is Spouse, Parents (iincluding step, and in-laws), Children (step, and in-laws) and grandparents/children are eligible. Only ones that aren't are Aunts, Uncles, Nieces, Nephews, and Cousins. They would be eligible for an X-Plan PIN from an A/Z-Plan employee. To be sure, I would give him a call and see what he can do for you.
He was VP of Design (Telnack), and he's my Granny's brother, so guess I'm out there...
Old 11/21/07, 10:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the info. Now I know to back off my dealer a little for the rebates. But this does not cancel the possibility of X-plan as of right now correct?
Old 11/21/07, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by 05retro
Thanks for the info. Now I know to back off my dealer a little for the rebates. But this does not cancel the possibility of X-plan as of right now correct?
As the Bullitts are not arriving at dealers yet, Ford has not communicated anything about X-plan privileges for them. The last communication we have from Ford regarding Mustang X-plan privileges is dated October 11th, which only excluded the Shelby GT500. However, keep in mind that as production and deliveries of Bullitts begin, Ford may possibly make a decision to exclude them.

More importantly, though, Ford is currently showing $0 commission to dealers for Bullitts sold on X-plan. Normally, a dealership would get a commission from Ford when they sell on X-plan to make up for selling it for virtually no profit (X-plan is almost identical to the invoice total). So, I personally would not sell a Bullitt on X-plan because it would mean no profit and no commission. I believe most dealers would concur.

If Ford adds a commission to X-plan Bullitts, then a dealership might elect to honor X-plan. But for now, no commission means X-plan is very likely not going to be honored by dealers.
Old 11/21/07, 11:02 AM
Bullitt Member

As the Bullitts are not arriving at dealers yet, Ford has not communicated anything about X-plan privileges for them. The last communication we have from Ford regarding Mustang X-plan privileges is dated October 11th, which only excluded the Shelby GT500. However, keep in mind that as production and deliveries of Bullitts begin, Ford may possibly make a decision to exclude them.

More importantly, though, Ford is currently showing $0 commission to dealers for Bullitts sold on X-plan. Normally, a dealership would get a commission from Ford when they sell on X-plan to make up for selling it for virtually no profit (X-plan is almost identical to the invoice total). So, I personally would not sell a Bullitt on X-plan because it would mean no profit and no commission. I believe most dealers would concur.

If Ford adds a commission to X-plan Bullitts, then a dealership might elect to honor X-plan. But for now, no commission means X-plan is very likely not going to be honored by dealers.
Thanks Five Oh. Im glad guys like you and Jeff are around this board. It helps me know when the BS is real and when I need to be a little more easy going at the dealership. Thanks again guys for keeping all of us informed.
Old 11/21/07, 11:34 AM
Bullitt Member

I really hope the x-plan is offered. I'll be annoyed if it isn't. I can work on a price if it isn't, but I won't be budging a whole lot.

I have met some crappy dealers, but I have found a really good one with a guy that is dedicated to selling stangs. He is knowledgeable and easy to work with. The original dealership I had really just sold cars for a job and you could tell. But, this new guy has a passion for it, which makes me much more willing to work with him. Not all dealers are bad, that is proven on this board, but there are many out there that just don't give a dang about the car and just want your money.

I do thank those guys on this board for their help. I'd be in the dark about pricing until I'd step into the dealership without them (not good to go into a place like that without a plan). So, thanks!
Old 11/21/07, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by wally05
I really hope the x-plan is offered. I'll be annoyed if it isn't. I can work on a price if it isn't, but I won't be budging a whole lot.
Here's a thought that may help you. If you have a good relationship with your dealership, and you qualify for X-plan (but Ford elects not to pay an X-plan commission to the dealers on Bullitts, and your dealer elects not to honor X-plan for $0 commission), how about offering to pay them X-plan price plus the commission they would have earned from Ford? X-plan commission from Ford on a comparably priced Mustang GT is about $465, FYI. This would still work out to a lot better deal than paying full sticker, and the dealership that would have otherwise honored X-plan if Ford offered a commission would be no worse for wear. Win-win, even if it isn't as good a deal as if Ford would just go ahead and do X-plan with the customary commission.
Old 11/21/07, 12:15 PM
Bullitt Member

That is a very good suggestion, if the x-plan doesn't work out, I'd be willing to do that. It's only fair, they need to make money too. I'm just not willing to go MSRP after talking to the salesguy.

Quick Reply: Bullitt ADM's...