2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

Bullitt ADM's...

Search this Thread

Old 11/15/07, 09:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've had the CS for a little bit now. I got just under KBB for it. But, I did lose some money b/c I had CAI/tune, K-member brace, and Midwest auto gear covers on it. With the deal I struck with them, they are going to put it in their showroom next week. If they get someone interested in it and it sells for more than we agreed on, they take a cut of it and I get a check for the rest. If not, I'll just get what we agreed on.
Old 11/16/07, 08:24 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wally05
I just ordered one tonight with x-plan in Greenfield, IN. I got a nice trade-in price on the GT/CS.
AWESOME Korey!!!
Old 11/16/07, 10:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks! I'm pretty pumped about it. I appreciate the help with the pricing, 05FordGT. That helped me plan out what it might cost.
Old 11/16/07, 12:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks! I'm pretty pumped about it. I appreciate the help with the pricing, 05FordGT. That helped me plan out what it might cost.
Your very welcome! Glad to be of some help to ya.
Old 11/16/07, 02:50 PM
V6 Member

I ordered mine at X plan on thursday. No options. No trade.
Old 11/16/07, 10:24 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I order all of our dealership's Mustangs. Just ordered our first 08 Bullitt last week at MSRP for a regular customer who bought an 01 Bullitt from us way back when.

We didn't ask for an ADM, and both parties felt good at MSRP. Win-win.
Old 11/17/07, 02:05 AM
FR500 Member

Bullitt ADM's - it'll happen here - believe it.
Old 11/17/07, 09:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
I order all of our dealership's Mustangs. Just ordered our first 08 Bullitt last week at MSRP for a regular customer who bought an 01 Bullitt from us way back when.

We didn't ask for an ADM, and both parties felt good at MSRP. Win-win.
I could feel okay at MSRP, especially since it's a limited one year run, but below is much better. Personally, I think ADM's are just going to kill the car on the showroom floor, not bring profit. It's a limited car, but it's one that's not advertised in dealerships and doesn't really have a name that EVERYONE sees and knows. Everyone knows a little bit about Shelby if they're interested in the Mustang. I think that makes a huge difference in moving them.
Old 11/17/07, 10:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

I could feel okay at MSRP, especially since it's a limited one year run, but below is much better. Personally, I think ADM's are just going to kill the car on the showroom floor, not bring profit. It's a limited car, but it's one that's not advertised in dealerships and doesn't really have a name that EVERYONE sees and knows. Everyone knows a little bit about Shelby if they're interested in the Mustang. I think that makes a huge difference in moving them.
I couldn't have said it better myself Wally.
Old 11/17/07, 11:08 AM
Cobra R Member

In Canada we don't seem to have the same problem with ADM as you guys do. Spoke with 3 dealers, none of them mentioned ADM, all were fine with x plan.
For sure some dealer is going to ask for more- no harm in asking I guess- but there is no need for anyone to pay it.
Old 11/18/07, 01:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I couldn't have said it better myself Wally.
I'm glad that there are some dealerships that agree. I took in my CS to have it put on the showroom floor today and my salesguy said the same thing. He actually got a call from someone that said they saw my post on IMBOC about the dealers and wanted one. The guy was from Pennsylvania! Apparently, this caller said that the dealers in his area wanted some thousands of dollar adm. Well, my dealer is probably going to get this guy the 2nd car allocated to them... My dealer will probably only get one more car, which sux, b/c you know some of the big dealerships that are charging adms like no other will get more allocated to them (based on sales, right?).

Who knows, but it's good to see some people that are selling the cars realize that is more of a niche car. ADMs will kill the car, no doubt about it.
Old 11/18/07, 12:09 PM

As I mentioned, we did not charge (or even ask for) an ADM on our 08 Bullitt. We got decent ADM's on all of our GT500's (who didn't?), but sold our Shelby GT's at MSRP, our Bullitts at MSRP, our GT/CS's well below MSRP, and always sell our V6's and GT's well below MSRP. We gladly honor A/D/X/Z plan pricing to eligible buyers.

Sure, lots of dealerships out there are greedy, but you'll see some fair ones out there, too. I'm glad I work for one of the fair ones. We are one of the largest volume Ford dealers in the entire NW, so we expect to get more than our fair share of Bullitts (we sold 8 of them in 2001, when only 5,582 were built).
Old 11/18/07, 12:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Five Oh Brian, it's good to see the honest dealers out there not robbing the avg. Joe like I've seen at some places. It would be nice if the fair ones got most of the allocation...
Old 11/18/07, 12:48 PM

Five Oh Brian, it's good to see the honest dealers out there not robbing the avg. Joe like I've seen at some places. It would be nice if the fair ones got most of the allocation...
Well, the Bullitts are not being restricted on an allocation basis like the Shelby's (and past SVT's). Free ordering for retail orders, is what I read in our ordering material, other than a cap of 16% Bullitts currently for all Mustang orders from any given dealership. That means I can get 1 Bullitt ordered for evey 6 Mustangs I put in the system. So, for a big dealer like ours, we could get 1 or 2 Bullitts monthly from January through year end (June?) which means 6-12 cars total.
Old 11/18/07, 03:02 PM
Bullitt Member

yay!
Old 11/18/07, 06:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the insight Brian. I think my dealer is being greedy then from the preliminary info he's told me.
Old 11/18/07, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jager
Thanks for the insight Brian. I think my dealer is being greedy then from the preliminary info he's told me.
Well, there will always be some dealers that just don't get it. With the power of the internet, it's getting easier to shop around for those good dealers that are out there.

Keep in mind that many smaller dealers might not get enough Mustangs to get many - if any - Bullitts. With 7700 cars for about 4000 dealers, that only about 2 per dealer. We'll likely get 8-10 at the expense of some dealers that won't get any. It's good to be a high volume dealer. So, those little dealers that might only get 1 or 2 may perceive that their own personal lack of supply equates to being able to charge ADM's, when truth-be-told, there will be more than enough Bullitts to go around.
Old 11/19/07, 07:54 AM
bar
GT Member

I hope you're right about "more than enough to go around" since I can't get one until Apr-June timeframe or thereabouts...

How late could one (realistically) order one? May (assuming not sold out by then)?
Old 11/19/07, 08:23 AM

Bullitts are a Job 2 build, so they should be in production until the end of the model year (around June 2008). That's about 1,000 units per month. However, Ford is building more than 10,000 Mustangs per month, so with Bullitts at 16% of the possible build, they could build almost 2,000 Bullitts per month and be balanced out by March at that rate.

I would suggest not waiting any longer than Feb-Mar 08 to place your order, just to be safe. Figure a 8-10 week wait for it to be built and shipped and you'd be taking delivery in April or May.

Also, if dealers are able to order Bullitts for stock (instead of just for customer orders), then you'll likely find some Bullitts sitting on dealer lots early next summer. But, they might not be equipped 100% to your request.
Old 11/19/07, 08:28 AM
Bullitt Member

The dealership I bought my 05 from said no X-Plan and they still hadn't made a decision on ADM yet. They also said they have been "allocated" one. From what I am hearing they can order more as long as they put more mustangs in the system. So the "I'm only getting one so how much are you willing to pay?", isn't going to work.

I am going to call around to other dealers today to see what I can get.

Quick Reply: Bullitt ADM's...