2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

'08 Bullitt

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/08, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
performance upgrades

I have the same question. I like the 300 horses now, I like burning regular gas especially since we are getting raped at the pump now. I have heard that the cold pack can jack up your car sometimes. I guess the question is as follows: is it worth the cost of the upgrade, the increase cost of gas and the potential to screw up my stang?
Old 4/2/08, 08:27 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Why is this post in the GT/CS forum instead of the Bullit forum?

TDS
Old 4/2/08, 09:44 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TDS
Why is this post in the GT/CS forum instead of the Bullit forum?

TDS
Because Reediculous was buying a CS/GT ?

You'll have to ask him
Old 4/3/08, 02:41 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by silverbull271
I think its WAY to "plain jane"....has absolutely no personality at all! my god, even the bullit in the 2001 stang looked better
And the fake scoops all over the CS are so awesome... Let us know how that lame hood scoop works out for ya.
Old 4/3/08, 02:43 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Jayhawk78
I have the same question. I like the 300 horses now, I like burning regular gas especially since we are getting raped at the pump now. I have heard that the cold pack can jack up your car sometimes. I guess the question is as follows: is it worth the cost of the upgrade, the increase cost of gas and the potential to screw up my stang?
What exactly have you heard specific to the 'jacking' up of your car. I have never heard anything like that and have had some form of CAI on all of my Mustangs with no problems what-so-ever.
Old 4/4/08, 11:06 AM
Cobra R Member

GT/CS- just a GT with lot's of stuck on non-functional parts.
If you think the Bullitt is too plain, you can stick a few non-fuctional parts on it for pretty cheap.
Personally I prefer improved ride, handling and performance ( which the Bullitt has) over a few stick on parts.
But hey, that's just me.
Old 4/4/08, 03:52 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
There are different themes for different cars, that's the beauty of the Mustang. Each model with is own theme and personality. Being critical of a car for its shortcomings or quality control is one thing, being critical to the owners once they have the car is pointless and ridiculous.
Old 4/4/08, 03:57 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
There are different themes for different cars, that's the beauty of the Mustang. Each model with is own theme and personality. Being critical of a car for its shortcomings or quality control is one thing, being critical to the owners once they have the car is pointless and ridiculous.
I've said that before myself.

It's the beauty of the Mustang, has been since the first one.
If you don't like one you might like the one next to it or have some idea of how to make it 'just right'
Old 4/6/08, 08:18 AM
Bullitt Member

hey guys, do you think its worth it to get the FRPP cold air intake for my GT/CS ?

Its like $700

Would it make that much a difference? im the farthest thing in the world from a mechanic....any input would be greatly appreciated
You have to drive one to appreciate one! It is a blend of all the upgrades working together!
I wasn't going to buy one tell I drove one. After driving a Bullitt The GT seemed plain to me, even thought the Gt is prettier
Old 4/6/08, 10:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Use a packaged CAI/tune package from the likes of Brenspeed, much more for your money then the FRPP setup. Checkout one of the 1,000,000,000,000 threads in the performance section.
Old 4/6/08, 10:26 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by LoudPony
You have to drive one to appreciate one! It is a blend of all the upgrades working together!
I wasn't going to buy one tell I drove one. After driving a Bullitt The GT seemed plain to me, even thought the Gt is prettier
You must mean the CS/GT is pretty
Old 4/11/08, 04:04 PM

ANY GT/CS Owners Know if the Bullitt Grille Will Fit the CS grille opening ? was considering a change, Did not want to order 1 or remove 1 from one of My Ford dealership cars to Find out ,Thanks in Advance
nice bunch of stangs posted here,
Drove the Bullitt they are Nice and Sold 1.
2 weeks ago Have 1 more now with rebates ready to go
Attached Thumbnails '08 Bullitt-ff1-9177.jpg  
Old 4/11/08, 04:14 PM
Cobra Member

Yes it will fit.

In fact Ford had the grille in the 2008 Mustang accessory catalog, pictured on a GT/CS I think, even before the Bullitt was released

You'll have to relocate your Fogs obviously, maybe use the SGT ones in the lower grille.

Originally Posted by 73 Conv
ANY GT/CS Owners Know if the Bullitt Grille Will Fit the CS grille opening ? was considering a change, Did not want to order 1 or remove 1 from one of My Ford dealership cars to Find out ,Thanks in Advance
nice bunch of stangs posted here,
Drove the Bullitt they are Nice and Sold 1.
2 weeks ago Have 1 more now with rebates ready to go
Old 4/12/08, 06:15 AM

Hello thanks for the Update I was almost sure it would but the front End being different from the GT/CS to the Bullitt may have made a different mount area or opening ,the to large fogs and Pony emblem need to go,I think Bullitt grille look will add a different appearance to the CS. waiting for the Lower grill Ive been reading about also soon to be avaliable I hope
Old 10/12/08, 10:46 PM
V6 Member

I had many of these thoughts going on when deciding which mustang to purchase. Both the Bullitt and a well equipped GT/CS cost about the same. What it really came down to was "will I actually be using what makes the Bullitt a better car?" The answer I kept coming back to was no. I won't be going to a track or racing. And besides the Bullitt numbers are better in fractional terms. For now I am happy to have looks over performance (even though I am getting the performance upgrade as a sort of compromise). That being said I think the Bullitt has a classic cool look to it that is hard to beat (even though it does have that V6-ish look). After all there is a reason I keep pictures of it on my wall. Perhaps if I were older and wanted something with more subdued look I would have decided to buy a Bullitt over a GT/CS. Who knows? I may end up with one in the future.
Old 10/12/08, 10:53 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by RGNUSMC
I had many of these thoughts going on when deciding which mustang to purchase. Both the Bullitt and a well equipped GT/CS cost about the same. What it really came down to was "will I actually be using what makes the Bullitt a better car?" The answer I kept coming back to was no. I won't be going to a track or racing. And besides the Bullitt numbers are better in fractional terms. For now I am happy to have looks over performance (even though I am getting the performance upgrade as a sort of compromise). That being said I think the Bullitt has a classic cool look to it that is hard to beat (even though it does have that V6-ish look). After all there is a reason I keep pictures of it on my wall. Perhaps if I were older and wanted something with more subdued look I would have decided to buy a Bullitt over a GT/CS. Who knows? I may end up with one in the future.
You have to drive what you like. Most of the differences of a Bullitt are mechanical.
Old 10/14/08, 10:44 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
funy you say that.....im going to pick up my white GT/CS VERT on sat, and my dealer calls me up today and tells me they just got in a BULLIT and said if i want it for xplan price he has no prob in selling it to me......

I think its WAY to "plain jane"....has absolutely no personality at all! my god, even the bullit in the 2001 stang looked better
Couldn't agree more. Nice set of upgrades - though nothing you can't easily do yourself to match or better the Bullitt's performance - but it's WAY too plain looking. Ford did not go quite far enough with the execution. Had they done the car like MRT's Reloaded package, that would have been about perfect.

And for all the suspension upgrades, it still runs on crappy, skinny tires, which all but negate the advantages of the suspension work.
Old 10/14/08, 10:46 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Couldn't agree more. Nice set of upgrades - though nothing you can't easily do yourself to match or better the Bullitt's performance - but it's WAY too plain looking. Ford did not go quite far enough with the execution. Had they done the car like MRT's Reloaded package, that would have been about perfect.

And for all the suspension upgrades, it still runs on crappy, skinny tires, which all but negate the advantages of the suspension work.
[Hollywood puts flame suit on]
Old 10/14/08, 10:54 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WaltM
With a Cai and tune, you're pretty much at the performance level of a CSGT.
Old 10/14/08, 11:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT

Still sorry you didn't wait I see

To match it one of the things you'll have to buy is the rear axle assembly...not just 3.73 R+P.

It can't be done and match the value of the 'package' as well. But as long as it's your dollar being spent, fill your boots.

It's nice that MRT has a package to suit your taste. I'm not so sure many MRT packages been sold though, so one with it will be unique.

Quick Reply: '08 Bullitt