2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

'08 Bullitt

Search this Thread

Old 2/21/08, 12:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by silverbull271
You do know that the BULLIT is basically a GT void of any nice apperance trimmings with the added FRPP packs from ford...
I wouldn't generalize it like that. The suspension and exhaust are specific to just the bullitt. The rear pumpkin is basically the GT500 unit with reinforced inner-workings. The interior has the GT500 seats and steering wheel with black stitching instead of colored. The gauges, dash, and shifter/bezel, and sill plates are bullitt-specific. The rims are specific to it. It's a mismash of some diff. nice GT500 parts (including the pedals) and stuff made just for the Bullitt. The front brake pads are even car specific with Gt500 pads on the rear. The CAI seems to be running rich from the factory, so hopefully after thinning it out, it will deliver a little more power.

I owned an 07 GT/Cs... BEAUTIFUL car! I love those cars, guys, don't get me wrong, but it was too much "bling" for me. I don't always like people just staring at my car all the time and I've been waiting for a new Bullitt... so I'm getting it. No one is right or wrong, but I wouldn't call it just a car with FRPP parts on it. I have the 1968 California special in Acapulco blue for my GT/CS habit.

Keep cruisin'!

Korey
Old 2/21/08, 12:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wally05
I wouldn't generalize it like that. The suspension and exhaust are specific to just the bullitt. The rear pumpkin is basically the GT500 unit with reinforced inner-workings. The interior has the GT500 seats and steering wheel with black stitching instead of colored. The gauges, dash, and shifter/bezel, and sill plates are bullitt-specific. The rims are specific to it. It's a mismash of some diff. nice GT500 parts (including the pedals) and stuff made just for the Bullitt. The front brake pads are even car specific with Gt500 pads on the rear. The CAI seems to be running rich from the factory, so hopefully after thinning it out, it will deliver a little more power.

I owned an 07 GT/Cs... BEAUTIFUL car! I love those cars, guys, don't get me wrong, but it was too much "bling" for me. I don't always like people just staring at my car all the time and I've been waiting for a new Bullitt... so I'm getting it. No one is right or wrong, but I wouldn't call it just a car with FRPP parts on it. I have the 1968 California special in Acapulco blue for my GT/CS habit.

Keep cruisin'!

Korey
i hear ya wally.....i actually just drove over to my local dealer (across street) for lunch....he has 2 bullits...one green, and one black...he has a 5K markup on the green one, and selling black one for sticker....its nice, but WAY to plain or my tastes....i wish you luck on your upcoming purchase....dont forget to post some pix.....

how about a few pix of your CS?
Old 2/21/08, 12:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks, silverbull. Oh yeah, the markups are sometimes awful on these bullitts. I was able to get mine for x-plan, so I'm in good shape. I will kind of miss the redfire GT/CS I had, though. To each his own. I do have some pics. I'll get the link to library and post it up real quick.
Old 2/21/08, 12:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Here you go!

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/3386839/1/189224101

Enjoy.
Old 2/21/08, 01:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wally05

bro....that link is to 68 CS....wheres your redfire?
Old 2/21/08, 01:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Haha, oops, the redfire pics are on my www.allfordmustangs.com account. i posted the wrong pics... hmmm... I'll get the over here soon enough. Sorry!
Old 2/21/08, 01:19 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by dly
My GT/CS has 430Hp and sport suspension. All of it I installed. The CS has the looks I liked and I added the power I wanted (Saleen SC w/ 3.4 pulley and a Brenspeed tune). So get the car you want and do what you want to do with it. Stock or Modded it's still a Mustang.

That's what my Dad keeps telling me. He really likes the GT/CS, but now the Bullitt is starting to grow on him too!
I am not buying anything this year. I passed on a GT/CS last September, bought my wife a Focus for work, and decided to wait another year.
If Ford makes a 2009 Mach1, I will be the first in line, but the way its looking now, I am going to end up with a 2010.

Is there a picture of your GT/CS on here? If not, please post it!

Never mind, I just went to your profile and saw it. Hot Car!
Old 2/21/08, 02:16 PM
Banned

next year prob gonna see a boss....my guess says a MACH 1 for 2011...
Old 2/25/08, 10:33 AM
CAL
GT Member

hey guys, do you think its worth it to get the FRPP cold air intake for my GT/CS ?

Its like $700

Would it make that much a difference? im the farthest thing in the world from a mechanic....any input would be greatly appreciated

Read my mind. I have the same question as I want to keep my CS/GT all "Ford." I just do for some reason. I've got to see that FRPP Power-Pak on my car.

Is it worth it out there for any of you who already have it. If you do, did the dealer do it for you? Honor your warranty with it on after doing so? Sorry, lots of questions, but I'm sure I'm not alone.
Old 2/25/08, 11:32 AM
Cobra Member

funy you say that.....im going to pick up my white GT/CS VERT on sat, and my dealer calls me up today and tells me they just got in a BULLIT and said if i want it for xplan price he has no prob in selling it to me......

I think its WAY to "plain jane"....has absolutely no personality at all! my god, even the bullit in the 2001 stang looked better
If you like 'Bling' you won't like the '08 Bullitt
Old 2/25/08, 11:33 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by karrnutt
Cs is mainly an appearance package. Drove a new bullit yesterday and it is very impressive: powerful, great acceleration and throttle response , very solid ,smooth ride and great exhaust note. A real sleeper and an all around nice,although expensive package . It has come along way since my 05 gt.
Expensive package? Maybe, it's all relative. I've seen GT Premium Coupes, including CS's with higher final MSRP.
Old 2/25/08, 11:35 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
Nobody is really right or wrong on this thread. It is all in what one sees, likes and wants to pay for! We really love our own CalStang and have a blast driving it! Our son who builds some very fast Mustangs, is currently saving for his own new Bullitt. He wants the added performance upgrades and the Dark, Steathy look of this ride. We will both be really happy with what we believe to be cool for our own Mustang tastes and driving needs. Plus cannot wait for him to get this. So the Ol' Master can now test drive his new ride. And we can have even more good times with our Mustangs. He owes me on this one!
Exactly, and that has always been the Mustang. 'A steed for every need'
Old 2/25/08, 11:38 AM
Cobra Member

hey guys, do you think its worth it to get the FRPP cold air intake for my GT/CS ?

Its like $700

Would it make that much a difference? im the farthest thing in the world from a mechanic....any input would be greatly appreciated
which one? I'd get the one used on the Bullitt which will be, if not yet, available through FRPP
Old 2/25/08, 01:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Its like $700

I would also look at aftermarket alternatives like Brenspeed or Bama. They have all kinds of cai/tune experience, not to mention customer service. And yes, it makes a noticable difference,
Old 2/25/08, 06:33 PM
V6 Member

I put an Airaid CAI on my CS, although the FRPP one was close in the running. (Didn't want to have to run premium gas... Then I put a chip in it and have to run premium anyway.) It adds a couple of HP, and gives you a nice 'whoosh' sound when you step on the throttle.
Old 2/25/08, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by RCSignals
If you like 'Bling' you won't like the '08 Bullitt
but if you like the look of the 1968 bullitt you will like the 2008 bullitt.
Old 2/25/08, 07:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CAL
Saw one at the dealership last week. (Black one). The pictures don't do it justice. When I saw a picture, it looked too plain/jane. In person, it really looks nice, clean and like a "sleeper." Especially in black w/those black bullitt wheels.....very nice.

Still prefer the looks of a performance white cs/gt for some reason though.
+1
Originally Posted by jeffvistagtcs
Thr bullitt is too plain for me. I like the look of the GT/CS much better.
+1

After the Air Raid, UDP's, LT's and catted x go on, I'll get Steeda Sports Springs and Tokico D-Specs...and I'll be far beyond the Bullit performance and suspension-wise.....my car already does 285 rwhp (335 bhp) with just a leaning out of the AFR to 12.8....running stock timing.
Old 2/26/08, 08:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by MrClean

After the Air Raid, UDP's, LT's and catted x go on, I'll get Steeda Sports Springs and Tokico D-Specs...and I'll be far beyond the Bullit performance and suspension-wise.....my car already does 285 rwhp (335 bhp) with just a leaning out of the AFR to 12.8....running stock timing.
I think this way as well. With a Cai and tune, you're pretty much at the performance level of a CSGT. Add a set of rear gears (3.73 or better) and you'll match or beat a Bullitt. But love it or not, you still have to admit it's good looking car.
Old 2/26/08, 10:52 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MrClean
+1

+1

I wouldn't say far beyond Bullitt performance and suspension, but you'll also be at or beyond the Bullitt base price
Old 2/26/08, 11:31 AM
Cobra Member

This thread is biased. If this question about the Bullitt was posted as a Bullitt thread instead of as a GT/CS thread the opinions posted would have favored the Bullitt even more.

Quick Reply: '08 Bullitt