2008-2009 BULLITT The Bullitt is Back!

'08 Bullitt

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/08, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'08 Bullitt

What are your opinions about the new '08 Bullit GT? I saw one at the Chicago Auto Show and thought that it was cool - is it better than the cs?

- "Shouldve had a V8"
Old 2/20/08, 05:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cs is mainly an appearance package. Drove a new bullit yesterday and it is very impressive: powerful, great acceleration and throttle response , very solid ,smooth ride and great exhaust note. A real sleeper and an all around nice,although expensive package . It has come along way since my 05 gt.
Old 2/20/08, 06:08 PM
CAL
GT Member

Saw one at the dealership last week. (Black one). The pictures don't do it justice. When I saw a picture, it looked too plain/jane. In person, it really looks nice, clean and like a "sleeper." Especially in black w/those black bullitt wheels.....very nice.

Still prefer the looks of a performance white cs/gt for some reason though.
Old 2/20/08, 07:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
funy you say that.....im going to pick up my white GT/CS VERT on sat, and my dealer calls me up today and tells me they just got in a BULLIT and said if i want it for xplan price he has no prob in selling it to me......

I think its WAY to "plain jane"....has absolutely no personality at all! my god, even the bullit in the 2001 stang looked better
Old 2/20/08, 07:52 PM
Cobra Member

It's funny how different perceptions can be. I'd say the Bullitt just exudes personality and looks far beyond better than the '01 iteration. It's got an understated coolness that I really like. For me, stickers and scoops don't equate to personality (or necessarily even look that great).
Old 2/20/08, 08:35 PM
GT Member

The Bullitt is a great car. I had the oportunity to drive one and was very impressed with the suspension, this was the best part of the package IMO.

Rob
Old 2/21/08, 04:24 AM
GT Member

Thr bullitt is too plain for me. I like the look of the GT/CS much better.
Old 2/21/08, 06:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool It's all in what you see!

Nobody is really right or wrong on this thread. It is all in what one sees, likes and wants to pay for! We really love our own CalStang and have a blast driving it! Our son who builds some very fast Mustangs, is currently saving for his own new Bullitt. He wants the added performance upgrades and the Dark, Steathy look of this ride. We will both be really happy with what we believe to be cool for our own Mustang tastes and driving needs. Plus cannot wait for him to get this. So the Ol' Master can now test drive his new ride. And we can have even more good times with our Mustangs. He owes me on this one!
Old 2/21/08, 07:00 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You do know the CS is basically an appearance package compared to a stock GT (hence the name GT/CS) and that the Bullitt actually has performance upgrades (which the GT and CS do not have)
Old 2/21/08, 07:26 AM
Cobra Member

I prefer the looks of the GT/CS. I wish it had the performance of the Bullitt, or better yet 350-400hp.
Although I am not a fan of "stripped down" exterior look of the Bullitt, I do like the improved H.P., suspension and interior.

Both are very nice cars!
Old 2/21/08, 07:55 AM
Bullitt Member

I don't like the interior or look of the Bullitt. Since looks matter to me I prefer my GT/CS which I can add the same performance changes to if I feel like it.
Old 2/21/08, 08:12 AM
Cobra Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
I love the look of the GT/CS (especially in vista blue), and the performance upgrades of the Bullitt. So which one?

Here is a crazy idea. Take the GT/CS and install the FRPP power packs. The best of both worlds in one package.
Old 2/21/08, 08:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by adrenalin
You do know the CS is basically an appearance package compared to a stock GT (hence the name GT/CS) and that the Bullitt actually has performance upgrades (which the GT and CS do not have)

ford now offers performance upgradeble options.....i can get the suspension, and the added HP that the bullit has right from the dealer on my GT/CS....3yr/36,000 warranty and all.....so whats your point?
Old 2/21/08, 08:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lowblustang00
I love the look of the GT/CS (especially in vista blue), and the performance upgrades of the Bullitt. So which one?

Here is a crazy idea. Take the GT/CS and install the FRPP power packs. The best of both worlds in one package.

Didnt read your post before i posted mine......we are on the same page though.....BULLIT is a nice car, dont get me wrong...its a SE mustang production car....BUT...IMO its just too plain for me

To each his own
Old 2/21/08, 08:28 AM
Banned

You do know that the BULLIT is basically a GT void of any nice apperance trimmings with the added FRPP packs from ford...
Old 2/21/08, 08:30 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by silverbull271
ford now offers performance upgradeble options.....i can get the suspension, and the added HP that the bullit has right from the dealer on my GT/CS....3yr/36,000 warranty and all.....so whats your point?
You can also get those on the GT. My point is that the "stock" options on the CS are just cosmetic which is not the same as the Bullitt.

Anyway, they are all GT's with just different options I personally do not go goo-goo-gaa-gaa over either the CS or the Bullitt. I like the looks of the CS better than the Bullitt, afterall, the Bullitt is very plain, but I do like some of the performance mods of the Bullitt. Then again, if I had to do it all over again I would still just get a GT and mod it the way I'd like it to be.
Old 2/21/08, 08:48 AM
V6 Member

When i got my CS i wasnt planning on doing any mods (yes i know i was naive) but none the less after lookig at a white GT and the white CS side by side it was worth it to me to pay the up charge for the add looks. As far as the bullit is concerned its too much visually like a 6 cyl, I rather have the looks and perf than just perf. IMO
Old 2/21/08, 09:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

I like the re-design of the air box and Doug from what I heard has taken one of these new air boxes to compare it with the stock one and created a tune for the Bullit air box since the air box does flow more air into the engine. Just an FYI.
Old 2/21/08, 10:57 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by GTJOHN
I prefer the looks of the GT/CS. I wish it had the performance of the Bullitt, or better yet 350-400hp.
Although I am not a fan of "stripped down" exterior look of the Bullitt, I do like the improved H.P., suspension and interior.

Both are very nice cars!

My GT/CS has 430Hp and sport suspension. All of it I installed. The CS has the looks I liked and I added the power I wanted (Saleen SC w/ 3.4 pulley and a Brenspeed tune). So get the car you want and do what you want to do with it. Stock or Modded it's still a Mustang.
Old 2/21/08, 12:20 PM
Banned

hey guys, do you think its worth it to get the FRPP cold air intake for my GT/CS ?

Its like $700

Would it make that much a difference? im the farthest thing in the world from a mechanic....any input would be greatly appreciated

Quick Reply: '08 Bullitt