Special Edition News and Rumor Boss? Mach 1?

When Will They Build A GT350 ?

Search this Thread

Old 1/20/07, 12:31 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They could always slam- dunk a automatic in the GT500 if the manual is in such short supply thus making it possible to offer a few thousand more cars per year... And please - no verbal mud ***** pelting me for the next 2 or 3 pages about a automatic NOT being macho enough, or that the trannie couldn't handle it, WE know that would be untrue... We all do remember that Shelby offered automatics from 1966 - 1970... Randy
Old 1/22/07, 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Ohh that will slow up the production then ! count on some longer waits.
No, not due to the GM and Dodge Production. Ford has a contract that Tremec must be able to honor the Shelby Production needs and then run the Others' Needs. Of course, this may not apply to the possible 2009 Shelby production. I am only aware of it to the 07 / 08 Cars.
Old 1/22/07, 12:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Randy Anderson
They could always slam- dunk a automatic in the GT500 if the manual is in such short supply thus making it possible to offer a few thousand more cars per year... And please - no verbal mud ***** pelting me for the next 2 or 3 pages about a automatic NOT being macho enough, or that the trannie couldn't handle it, WE know that would be untrue... We all do remember that Shelby offered automatics from 1966 - 1970... Randy
With Technology being the way it is these days, i believe either Tranny can go in there and produce equal performance. Consider the results Members here have achieved with their 05-07 GT Autos. IMO it is more about personal driving preference these days than of performance characteristics.

It is also a question of wheather or not Ford and Shelby choose to allow it from the Factory.

If memory serves, the '66 - '70 Shelbys were the ones w/o the Supercharger in the Auto Option. Nonetheless, it could make for better sales of future Shelby Cars.