Special Edition News and Rumor Boss? Mach 1?

When Will They Build A GT350 ?

Search this Thread

Old 12/11/06, 11:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by amyb
Crispy, nothing for a long while, I know I discussed this somewhere. we have the shelby Gt, the Gt 500, the anniversary package.... and

Amy
Oh.....correct. 40 years...silly me! That has to be it.
Yeah, you replied to me "somewhere else". I know it's hard for you to remember, you seem to be everywhere at once, all the time!
Thanks, Amy, for always responding to everyone's questions.... you ARE the best!
Old 12/12/06, 06:12 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Originally Posted by crispy23c
Oh.....correct. 40 years...silly me! That has to be it.
Yeah, you replied to me "somewhere else". I know it's hard for you to remember, you seem to be everywhere at once, all the time!
Thanks, Amy, for always responding to everyone's questions.... you ARE the best!
yep, thats me, everywhere, all the time.....lol

A
Old 12/27/06, 08:51 AM
GT Member

Hi everyone - I hope everyone had a happy holidays, I love watching my kids on xmass opening their presents some of my 8 year old son's gifts ofcourse being Ford Mustang related, personally my highlight was a couple of Mustang magazines, and a Mustang Model from my sister - she pegged my interest right....

My dream xmass present in a year or two from now would be Ford & Shelby offering a brand new 2008 / 2009 Shelby GT-350 to the general public - with a automatic....

I love the 1967 Shelby ( had one for 10 years) - I personally would love to see Shelby offering a car base on that model... With inboard headlights, hood scoop, upper & lower working scoops (not fake scoops) and the t-bird, Cougar type tail lights... That was a very special car.... The current Shelby looks like a 1968 Shelby - it's had it's run and is starting to look dull & old, Ford & Shelby need a new look for 2008 or 2009 I hope they consider the looks of the 1967 Shelby Mustang a updated hybrid car would be very cool....I've seen two different 1967/2007 type hybrid fan cars shown on Mustang sites - very well done.....................Are we listening Ford & Shelby time for a face lift on the Shelby Mustang.... Hopefully a 1967/2008 hybrid Shelby Mustang GT500 AND GT350.... Randy Anderson
Old 12/27/06, 09:00 AM
GT Member

GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 GT350 - Oh Sorry folks I was day dreaming again about a 2008 GT350.... Have a nice GT350 day... Sorry it happened again.... Randy Anderson
Old 12/27/06, 09:04 AM
GT Member

GT350 With NOOOOOOOO MARK UP - at a fair price - DAY DREAM NOW COMPLETE.....Randy Anderson
Old 12/27/06, 09:12 AM
GT Member

My son Randy Jr. is pulling at me to go play with his xmass present so he wanted me to say please build this car a GT350 so his Dad will pay more attention to him and not this web site... And he said - sooo have a nice GT350 day... Signing off for today - my son is pulling on my arm to go.... Randy Jr. & Randy Sr. bye for now...............................
Old 12/27/06, 10:51 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can you say ADM, ADM, ADM, ADM, ADM? Sorry, just getting jaded after observing the Mach1, 2005 GT, GT-500, Shelby GT releases.
Old 1/2/07, 07:28 PM
Bullitt Member

uhhh, you forgot the Ford GT...."Highest Markup Ever".
Make my GT 350 with 1,000,000 HP (at the wheels), build 100,000 of them per week {no adm}, and...very important...make a 'vert, **** it!
Old 1/4/07, 11:22 PM
GT Member

Dear Crispy23c - I think the U.S. Air Force already did that - I think they called it the rocket sled program, they also used ram jets, one million HP - not much fun their everything would be a big BLURRRRRRRRRRRRRR..... And half the fun is having everones jaw hit the groung as you rumble by with a more modest 400 HP GT350 (hA-hA got that in) Here's hoping to see one in my driveway in a year or two...... Randy Anderson
Old 1/6/07, 10:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Randy Anderson
Dear Crispy23c - I think the U.S. Air Force already did that - I think they called it the rocket sled program, they also used ram jets, one million HP - not much fun their everything would be a big BLURRRRRRRRRRRRRR..... And half the fun is having everones jaw hit the groung as you rumble by with a more modest 400 HP GT350 (hA-hA got that in) Here's hoping to see one in my driveway in a year or two...... Randy Anderson
Pretty funny! Sorry, my name is Coyote, Wile E. Got my car from the ACME rocket company.
Yeah, I am hoping for a more realistic 430-450 HP (versus 1,000,000), and weight along the same lines as the Shelby GT. Just like the Shelby GT w/blower, but with GT350 Stripes and a 'vert. In fact, if they offer a Shelby GT Vert next year, I just may buy that and get the S/C option. With regards to the GT350, the only thing that I am really, truly afraid of is that the dealers--- once again--- will prevent me from owning the GT350 if it ever becomes a reality.
Old 1/6/07, 11:48 PM
GT Member

Hi - Crispy23c Thanks for having a good sence of humor on the rocket sled/one million horsepower thing... I owned a 1967 GT500 for ten years and miss it badly - but one can't live in a car, the house is alot roomier..... I can't afford to buy another original Shelby - the prices on those Shelbys are out of this world ever since the movie Gone in 60 seconds came out a few years ago....

But maybe in a year or two a new GT350 just might happen if the wife doesn't threaten me with the "D" word if I buy one.... She is still mad at me for buying my 2003 Mach 1... I love my wife Kathy very much, but it's like water on a Duck's feathers on this matter with both of us... When it comes to Ford Mustangs she just doen't understand or like sometimes taking the back seat (sort of) to my other love.... Ofcourse I'm not stupid enough to ever say that to her face... Cause she'd just say - you can love your Mustang Sally (the car's name) but she can't love you back - like I can... Cold but true.....

I gave this whole new Shelby car thing alot of though - ever since the GT500 came out - followed by the Shelby-GT and I personally feel the Ford Mustang fan/ and car buyers in general after a year or two of Shelby production WILL calm down and realize it's NOT the end of the world if they don't pay $20,000 over list price for a S H E L B Y.... I for one would LOVE to own a 2008 Shelby Mustang GT350 but ONLY at a FAIR PRICE.... And you know what if that doesn't happen - then I'll be checking the used car ads in a year or two later for a slightly USED 2008 Shelby GT350... NOT THE END OF THE WORLD IF IT'S A USED SHELBY at a FAIR PRICE.... If anyone out their wants to throw $20 grand away give it a real worthy cause - like your church, a homeless shelter,soup kitchen, my kid's college fund etc....

How many of you out their feel the same way on this matter???????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????? I like to know... Randy Anderson
Old 1/7/07, 12:22 AM
GT Member

This may sound a bit corny in this day and age but Mr. Shelby one of three persons I have admired over the years - hero of mine if you will... His come back of the 2007 Shelby GT500 is like a DREAM come true for millions of true Ford Mustang fans... Most of us average Joe types who have families can't afford this car with the mark up - but we ARE gratefull to Mr. Shelby for making the effort after many years away from Ford to offer Shelby Mustangs again - thank you...

The second person I admire alot is Mr. Bill Ford whom I written to & e-mailed many times, and actually got him to save a portion of the Dearborn Mustang plant... Bill Ford is a fan of the Ford Mustang as is Mr.Shelby...
Indirectly I put it to both of you gentlemen to please lift the limit on Shelby Mustang production so everyone who wants a Shelby Mustang GT500 or a future GT350 CAN purchase one... With NO limit on production you increase Mustang production by god only knows by how many cars, and end the mark-up and greed on the dealers part....
And become not only mine but EVERYONES hero - yes maybe alittle corny, but true... Just in case anyone was interested my third hero was Chuck Yeager.. It's getting late good night all - Randy Anderson
Old 1/8/07, 11:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Randy its called fair market price and if people are willing to pay it will happen. They are still selling and will until people stop paying! supply AND demand! Hell people are happy that there is GT500! GM is doing it with the VETTE and Honda is doing it too!

@ AMYB I'm glad that Shelby is on board again with FORD and they seem to be on the same page, but don't you think there is going to be a slight saturation of "special Mustangs" with the Bullit, Boss, CS, ShelbyGT, and who know what else is headed down the line? (Maybe MACH 1)
Old 1/9/07, 09:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rmays06
Randy its called fair market price and if people are willing to pay it will happen. They are still selling and will until people stop paying! supply AND demand! Hell people are happy that there is GT500! GM is doing it with the VETTE and Honda is doing it too!

@ AMYB I'm glad that Shelby is on board again with FORD and they seem to be on the same page, but don't you think there is going to be a slight saturation of "special Mustangs" with the Bullit, Boss, CS, ShelbyGT, and who know what else is headed down the line? (Maybe MACH 1)
Randy, the reason for the '500s production number was a shortage in trannys, Tremec could not supply more. On the bright side, I heard that they opened a new facility in Mexico to handle higher output (as GM will also be utilzing these), so--theoretically, we should see higher production numbers in the future. Who knows for sure???

rmays06, The Bullit will most likely be a 1-year deal, The C/S is a 1-year deal, and the Shelby GT is a 1-year deal for now, maybe 2. The Mach1 was in developement as is the Boss. So, many of these are clearly 1-year cars. I do not think there will be too much saturation if they produce them as 1-2 year models (for specialties like the Mach1 & Bullitt), but it might soothe some of the hype we are experiencing over the GT500. Just my opinion, of course.
Old 1/10/07, 11:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

I really want to see the MACH 1....Its what I like. No not over saturated but there will be alot of special editions out there and that concerns me as theaverage Mustang fan will lose intrest in the "specials". The following the SN95 Bullit gets is great will the S197 Bullit, Mach 1, Shelby GT, GT 500, GT 350 amd Boss get the same intrest in 5 years?
Old 1/11/07, 08:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by rmays06
I really want to see the MACH 1....Its what I like. No not over saturated but there will be alot of special editions out there and that concerns me as theaverage Mustang fan will lose intrest in the "specials". The following the SN95 Bullit gets is great will the S197 Bullit, Mach 1, Shelby GT, GT 500, GT 350 amd Boss get the same intrest in 5 years?
My 1st car was a '69 Mach 1 with the 351 HO Windsor (that was the C-Jet motor, 351W with 11:1 comp, solid lifters, factory semi-high rise)...so I will always have a soft-spot for these, even though I almost got killed in it (stuck throttle cable) my 2nd week of ownership. But that's another story for another time.
I just hope that if they build a Mach, that it's more than just tape & stripe. Specials aren't for the average fans, they are for us.....now, if I can only convince the wife that a 10-bay would look nice attached to the house
Old 1/19/07, 12:25 AM
GT Member

Crispy23C - Same exact thing happen to me in my 1967 GT500 my perforamce shop rebuilt motor and other thing like brakes etc, etc - had the car for a month or two - I got the car back took it on the highway and the throttle got stuck wide open - the return spring to the throttle likeage got stuck on a spark plug wire which wasn't clamped down on the valve cover... I pegged the needle at 140 plus and kept going, for it seemed at least another minute before I put my foot under the gas pedal and pulled up (that action saved my life) I had to be going at least 180... Scary yes - but I stayed calm and thought it out... By the way the car felt GREAT... I loved the rear ends of approaching cars looked like they were driving 90 mph backwards -LOL, almost as good as s_x with a movie starlet thrilling and very enjoyable in a sick scary kind of way.... Very COOL event - it's not every day that you face death and cheat it... Luck and quick action shined on us both... RANDY
Old 1/19/07, 12:28 AM
GT Member

I'd settle for 4 to 6 bay garage for now. Randy
Old 1/19/07, 12:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crispy23c
Randy, the reason for the '500s production number was a shortage in trannys, Tremec could not supply more. On the bright side, I heard that they opened a new facility in Mexico to handle higher output (as GM will also be utilzing these), so--theoretically, we should see higher production numbers in the future. Who knows for sure???...................
I have been told the same thing by Ford. TREMEC takes much longer to build the T6060 Tranny. There is word GM plans to run it in the future Vettes and also for Dodge in the Vipers.
Old 1/19/07, 02:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Ohh that will slow up the production then ! count on some longer waits.

Quick Reply: When Will They Build A GT350 ?