Special Edition News and Rumor Boss? Mach 1?

40th Anniversary Mustang GT/CS

Old 12/6/06, 03:50 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,858 Posts
40th Anniversary Mustang GT/CS

It has Got to be Coming! I can not Believe Ford Would Not Do a 40th Anniversary Edition just like The GT-500.

What Would you Like to See on this Model???

Different Color Stripes would be my First Guess / Want
Old 12/6/06, 04:17 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spoiler delete option. That is the reason I've shied away from the GT/CS. Silver stripes available on Vista Blue.
Old 12/6/06, 04:28 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,858 Posts
Are you Sure you Can't Get a Spoiler Delete on a GT/CS???

KC
Old 12/6/06, 05:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Numbered limited edition, X of XXXX.
Old 12/6/06, 09:26 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Are you Sure you Can't Get a Spoiler Delete on a GT/CS???

KC
I'm just taking the word of others
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...24&postcount=5
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...58&postcount=3

If you know otherwise, I'm all ears.
Old 12/6/06, 09:56 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
More exterior & stripe color options. Black with silver. Vista with white. Tungsten with black. Torch Red with white.

+1 on the spoiler delete.
Old 12/7/06, 12:06 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, the spoiler-delete and the bullits (I really wanted fanblades) were the 2 reasons I didn't order a GT/CS. Had the dealership try (and asked in a couple threads on here) to order one without the spoiler, and everyone said no-go.

So I got my GT Premium with fanblades and Spoiler Delete, and hopefully this weekend I'll be putting the GT/CS front and rear bumpers on the car. Do-It-Yourself!
Old 12/7/06, 04:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How's about a wheel that is unique to the GT/CS? Maybe a spoiler that is also unique to the GT/CS with delete option available.
Old 12/14/06, 08:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

GT/CS Changes

Originally Posted by TheMustangSource
More exterior & stripe color options. Black with silver. Vista with white. Tungsten with black. Torch Red with white.

+1 on the spoiler delete.

Amen Brother - I'm with you on the stripe deal. I've posted several comments and would not buy one because I wanted to order a 07 Black GT/CS and just couldn't do it because the stripes don't show. They did this same junk on the Mach 1's. I just don't get it.

I'm also for the Shelby Style rear duck tail spoiler and some Shelby Style sequential tailights.

Add the GT Appearance Option and your almost ready to clone a Shelby GT.

Just my thoughts
Old 1/20/07, 09:08 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jayguy
Yeah, the spoiler-delete and the bullits (I really wanted fanblades) were the 2 reasons I didn't order a GT/CS. Had the dealership try (and asked in a couple threads on here) to order one without the spoiler, and everyone said no-go.

So I got my GT Premium with fanblades and Spoiler Delete, and hopefully this weekend I'll be putting the GT/CS front and rear bumpers on the car. Do-It-Yourself!
Why not get a GT/CS and then swap deck lids?
Old 1/20/07, 09:55 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Originally Posted by PACETTR
Why not get a GT/CS and then swap deck lids?
I have said the same thing but this is a lot easier said than done. A dealer isn't gonna swap a spoiler delete trunk off a new car and put it on a GT/CS. Apparently they must sell the car the way it was received.

Finding an owner to swamp is also difficult. You may find some, but they live 100's of miles away.

A better solution is to OFFER THE 2008 GT/CS WITH A SPOILER DELETE OPTION!

Oh, and while you are at it, offer it in Silver.
Old 1/20/07, 12:07 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
I have said the same thing but this is a lot easier said than done. A dealer isn't gonna swap a spoiler delete trunk off a new car and put it on a GT/CS. Apparently they must sell the car the way it was received.
Dealers mod cars all the time. Take the angle that the dealer gets a car deal and a "free" spoiler for a v6er w/o a spoiler.

I agree that it should be an option...
Old 1/23/07, 11:29 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AFBLUE

Finding an owner to swamp is also difficult. You may find some, but they live 100's of miles away.

A better solution is to OFFER THE 2008 GT/CS WITH A SPOILER DELETE OPTION!

Oh, and while you are at it, offer it in Silver.

Something tells me AFBlue really wants a new Stang . I agree that the GT/CS should have more options, spoiler delete, new stripe colors, and a few new wheel choices out of the parts catalog that would only be available as factory installed option on the GT/CS. Of course if they really wanted it to sell like crazy they could always add GT-H lowering spings to the package.
Old 1/23/07, 03:32 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
It took 4 months, but I did get the dealership to swap my deck-lid with one off of a V6 with no spoiler. They screwed up the order I gave them though, so they had to do something. And this way I have a GT/CS-looking car with the wheels I wanted and no side-scoops or rear spoiler, like I didn't want.

Just waiting on the SHR window replacements now, and the CDC rear spoiler, and I'll be all done (yeah, right!).
Old 1/24/07, 01:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PACETTR
Dealers mod cars all the time. Take the angle that the dealer gets a car deal and a "free" spoiler for a v6er w/o a spoiler.

I agree that it should be an option...
The only real problem is if another dealer buys it from you and they ship it 300 miles to find out it suddenly has a spoiler on it(or another salesperson sells it to someone who comes a long way to buy it). Typically the persons involved in the switch would never remember or be the contact for a DX. So it is done with exteme care, if ever. Same thing with wheels swaps and the like.

The black CS should of had reflective stripes
Old 1/24/07, 01:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by kevinb120
The only real problem is if another dealer buys it from you and they ship it 300 miles to find out it suddenly has a spoiler on it(or another salesperson sells it to someone who comes a long way to buy it). Typically the persons involved in the switch would never remember or be the contact for a DX. So it is done with exteme care, if ever. Same thing with wheels swaps and the like.

The black CS should of had reflective stripes
We put aftermarket wheels, spoilers, tint, bedliners on cars all the time; no dealer trade problems here. That what the "NOTES" line is for on the inventory screen of ADP...
Old 1/25/07, 12:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea I have custom mustangs with glass roofs, shakers, custom leather, wheels, exhaust, lowering springs, Super Duty's with lift kits, caps, custom toneau covers, tint, custom nav units and dvd systems, ect as well(not including all the conversion company vehicles). If we do a lot to a car we usually remove access of the invoice on fmcdealer so other dealers will skip it(or call). But swapping parts on a car we don't do. If I give someone a few hundred for the stock parts if we do something like wheels, we will put the take-offs on another car, but put notes in our internal system in case of a DX. Still, cracking the paint on the trunk bolts is another matter. Most people would be ****ed if they found out the trunk panel was not painted with the rest of the car.

I only play around with a couple durring the winter but go nuts in the spring The black V6 vert behind the the alloy pony pkg has a CDC ducktail, chin spoiler, light bar and heated seats. I got a conversion V6 with tribal flames, duals, and a body kit and a couple dolled up fusions. This spring I want to see if I can get a sheby facia done up. Its not exactly galpin, but doing a few is fun. On something un-sold though you have to be somewhat carefull to avoid a huge overallow issue with the lenders.

Old 1/30/07, 07:20 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by kevinb120
Yea I have custom mustangs with glass roofs, shakers, custom leather, wheels, exhaust, lowering springs, Super Duty's with lift kits, caps, custom toneau covers, tint, custom nav units and dvd systems, ect as well(not including all the conversion company vehicles). If we do a lot to a car we usually remove access of the invoice on fmcdealer so other dealers will skip it(or call). But swapping parts on a car we don't do. If I give someone a few hundred for the stock parts if we do something like wheels, we will put the take-offs on another car, but put notes in our internal system in case of a DX. Still, cracking the paint on the trunk bolts is another matter. Most people would be ****ed if they found out the trunk panel was not painted with the rest of the car.

I only play around with a couple durring the winter but go nuts in the spring The black V6 vert behind the the alloy pony pkg has a CDC ducktail, chin spoiler, light bar and heated seats. I got a conversion V6 with tribal flames, duals, and a body kit and a couple dolled up fusions. This spring I want to see if I can get a sheby facia done up. Its not exactly galpin, but doing a few is fun. On something un-sold though you have to be somewhat carefull to avoid a huge overallow issue with the lenders.

I think we are trying to say the same thing. I was trying to say that if someone DIDN'T want the spoiler on their GT/CS, the dealer (you and I) could take the entire decklid off of a non-spoiler car (same color) and swap decklids. Then the non-spoiler has a spoiler that the dealer "could" charge extra for.

Nice conversion, BTW. We have a couple of shakers in stock with chin spoilers/stripes/wheels, etc...
Old 2/3/07, 07:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Geez, kevinb120....all of the "cool" dealers are down South. We have no dealers in the N.E. that mod their cars for the lot! Cool stuff...
Old 3/8/07, 01:15 PM
Cobra Member

What do you guys make of this? Another appearance package? Is he talking about an SE this year? Or are they just going to tell us about something new for 08 - midyear?

Still, Ford is working to keep the Mustang fresh with new variations that keep the car exciting, as well gearing up new promotions heading into the spring and summer, traditionally the Mustang's best sales months, said spokesman Alan Hall.
The company just began shipping new versions of a Shelby GT Mustang, and sometime next year, it plans a dark-green "Bullitt" version reminiscent of the 1968 Fastback Mustang GT that Steve McQueen drove in the classic movie. "We have other things up our sleeve that we can't talk about that you'll see midyear," said Hall.