2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Placed 07 Shelby Gt Order At Landers Ford Today

Search this Thread

Old 11/22/06, 05:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow 07 Shelby GT Order Placed at Landers Ford Today

Well after staying on the TMS website almost daily in the Shelby GT Forum for the past couple of weeks I finally made my second mid life crisis decision and called Landers Ford in Little Rock, AR to check on the Shelby GT availability.

I spoke with Dave Tinnon, who places orders for both Ford Dealerships owned by Landers United Auto Group. He told me on the phone that he received a call today and was asked if he wanted any Shelby GT's. He said that their were approximately 20 allocated to this zone or district and he would be able to order more as each week goes by.

I placed an order for a 2007 Black Shelby GT with IUP, Sirius Radio, 5 Speed, Locking Wheel Kit, Power Seat. I don't have a clue what other Shelby Options will be available or what the final price is going to be.

Having a good dealer relationship (buying from the same dealer since 1994) helps when something special comes around like this. I don't expect to pay any ADM and since he personally sold me two new 05 GT's on A-Plan in October 0f 2004, when everyone else was getting several thousand over list. I have no reason to doubt this.

Does anyone know when we get the opportunity to add additional Shelby options and how this process takes place with the build date on these cars in December, which by the way is next month.

Also, I would like to skip the hood scoop, AMY B chime in here anytime, I want either the GT H hood or a plain hood. If you have not looked at the Shelby Automobile Site to see all the options they are planning, your really missing a mouth watering treat.

Just my thoughts..........
Old 11/22/06, 06:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 775 Likes on 566 Posts
I have been by there a time or two. congrats
Old 11/22/06, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congratulations on your order! I hope that you end up getting exactly what you want at a fair price - with no monkey business. I have also been working with the same dealer since 1996 so I am hoping that they will be able to pull through and get me the white 5 speed Shelby GT that I put a deposit on in October. I was told 6-8 weeks is normally the wait time once the order is officially received. We'll see.