2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Official Release and Pix!

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/06, 11:44 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pville piper
1. They are not looking to sell many of them. My take on this whole thing is that it is a make nice, nice with the dealers by giving them another limited edition, high demand (= $$$ over msrp) car to sell.
2. More like $7,000 and a $1300 gas guzzler tax.
3. Amazing huh? And for that $8300 you get a supercharged 5.4L engine, 175 horsepower, a 6 speed tranny and upgraded brakes.

Yeah... $35,000 for that? I guess you cost justify it by saying
1. GT/CS 1800 over stock,
2. the Hurst shifter will run you $200
3. the FRRP Power Pack will run you $820
4. well equipped GT $29,000
5. Striping for $200
6. a suspension will cost you $1100,
= 33120 if I did it myself... the question I got to ask myself is the badging, warranty (if it comes with a factory one) and Shelby "authentication" worth the extra money?
It would come in cheaper if I didn't go for the GT/CS package and just bought the front fascia as you can't order a GT/CS with a spoiler delete.
The answer is no, I can't even afford a base Deluxe right now.

remember, theres also the interior pieces, small but there, The letters, the hood pins, the hood, the grille, the badging, none of this comes with the GT/CS, not as big as the FRP kits, but still adds up

Amy
Old 8/20/06, 11:45 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Talking

Originally Posted by john351
Amy B.

Thank you for responding. Thanks for taking to time to read through all of the Mustang/Shelby nut comments and searching thru the threads.

IMHO you are a classy lady who is well spoken and straight forward.

Looking forward to the Shelby GT very much, and hoping that I can afford one.

Thank you for the S/C hp estimate. I guess we'll all have to wait and see
final numbers for all sorts of things, power, price, options etc.

We're just an impatient bunch 'cause we're so excited!

Lol thank you for the kind words

Amy
Old 9/5/06, 10:05 AM
Cobra R Member

I would wished I would have known. I have put almost 35k into mine....I would love to have had the option of owning a shelby. When I bought mine, the GT500 was being talked about and with an initial price of 40K plus, I did not give it another thought.

I know the power is not there, but look at the original GT 350 over the GT, it went from 271 to 306, thats 35 horses. Ford slap a set of headers as well, there you are at 350 hp. (real headers, not the cosmetic shortys).

Most of the original GT 350 was a bolt on, off the shelf performance stuff.

I am glad the Shelby GT is going to be available, as for the price vs performance, It will be like the Bullitt, Cobra models of the past. Even with ford losign money, they are putting their bets on a sure thing.
Old 9/30/06, 07:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Amy B, I think it looks better than the GT500. To me this is a real Shelby, it's made at his factory. It might be down on HP but that can be taken care of after the purchase. I just hope the dealers don't screw us like they did with the GT500. I've given up on a GT500 but maybe I can get the Shelby GT in stead. Keep up the good work!
Old 10/1/06, 11:19 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Sharp
Amy B, I think it looks better than the GT500. To me this is a real Shelby, it's made at his factory. It might be down on HP but that can be taken care of after the purchase. I just hope the dealers don't screw us like they did with the GT500. I've given up on a GT500 but maybe I can get the Shelby GT in stead. Keep up the good work!
Agreed, I am in the same boat. I have given up with the constant increases by the dealerships. Besides the Shelby GT is almost exactly what I wanted originally; a Shelby, better handling, and most importantly options. I love the idea of a possible S/C option, hopefully upgraded brakes, and maybe some interior items (seats, gauges, etc).

I saw that the 2007's now offer the black and dove insert seats. Will that still be feasible with the Shelby GT? If so I would definitely do that with a black Shelby GT...unless Shelby Automotives comes out with some other custom option......

I just hope to not have the dealerships tell me to grab my ankles, drop the soap, whatever in order to get one.
Old 10/1/06, 04:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MilStang
Agreed, I am in the same boat. I have given up with the constant increases by the dealerships. Besides the Shelby GT is almost exactly what I wanted originally; a Shelby, better handling, and most importantly options. I love the idea of a possible S/C option, hopefully upgraded brakes, and maybe some interior items (seats, gauges, etc).

I saw that the 2007's now offer the black and dove insert seats. Will that still be feasible with the Shelby GT? If so I would definitely do that with a black Shelby GT...unless Shelby Automotives comes out with some other custom option......

I just hope to not have the dealerships tell me to grab my ankles, drop the soap, whatever in order to get one.

Not to burst any ones bubble here but I'm betting there will be ADM's on this car as well. This car will be even more desirable to collectors because of the limited production ( 5000 - 10000 ) and the fact that it's modified at Shelby's facility.
Old 10/2/06, 04:28 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by StangFreak
Not to burst any ones bubble here but I'm betting there will be ADM's on this car as well. This car will be even more desirable to collectors because of the limited production ( 5000 - 10000 ) and the fact that it's modified at Shelby's facility.
No bubble burst at all. I would not doubt that their will be ADM...just how far I have to bend over and how long they last will be what I don't know. Yes, it will be a Shelby...slightly less numbers than a GT500 but as it was pointed out. It will be easy to duplicate clones of this and if they price it too high it will go to GT500 territory which is high at most places but already dropping in some.
Old 10/6/06, 11:54 AM
Cobra R Member

How many months do you think it might be until we can start hearing descriptions of the GT 350 or at least see some concept GT 350s ?

Uh, I think a few of us already have done the concept GT 350....In fact mine was the original concept GT 350/GTH/GT. Ala, hurst shifter, cai, retune, upgraded axel code, suspension mods...... I was not the first in modding the GT to a GT 350, just one of many and maybe the first in the Hertz version.

Hey ford where is my check?
Old 1/3/07, 07:06 PM
Bullitt Member

You can almost see the writing on the wall here.

Shelby GT-500: 5.4L Supercharged (500hp) ($42k MSRP)
Shelby GT: 4.6L N/A (325hp) ($35k MSRP)

next??
Shelby GT-350 5.4L N/A (375-400hp) ($39k MSRP) ?? Makes sense to me.
Old 1/3/07, 09:48 PM
GT Member

YOU CAN ALMOST SEE THE WRITING ON THE WALL HERE.

I've been saying that since the annoucement of the 2007 GT500 that Ford/Shelby can't have a GT500 without also having it's sister car the GT350....

Bring on the GT350 - 400 hp for $39,000 sounds about right with NO mark up, but a 4.6L with a supercharger would be a better selection less weight over the front end - ALOT better handling like the Shelby-GT lean and mean... I hope to god we see this car in another year or so....

More visual Shelby highlights are needed to tie in to the original Shelbys working side scoops (PLEASE GOD - WORKING SCOOPS - NOT FAKE ONES), ram air hood scoop,hood click pins, roll bar & shoulder harness (SOOO COOL), t-bird/cougar wide taillights (by far the hottest Shelby item)........

I'd KILL FOR A SHELBY WITH THESE VISUAL HIGHLIGHTS...

All these items would make the future GT350 the MOST OUTSTANGING SHELBY out of all the current generation of Shelby Mustangs and the most important since the annoucement of the 2007 GT500...
The GT350 NEEDS at least a few or all of these visual highlights to make it a GREAT CAR........ The GT500 styling is starting to look dull it lacks many of the shelby highlights...I know I have my fingers crossed for a rebirth of a 1967/2008 Shelby GT350... Randy Anderson
Old 1/3/07, 10:33 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Can You imagine what that would cost??? But it would be very cool to see that!

I wish they would let you bring your Gt to Vegas, hand it over and let them do their majic for what ever options you want and turn it into a shelby! Like what they are doing with GT500 owners!! Us little guys don't stand a chance price wise unless we take a second out or something of that nature!!
Old 1/4/07, 11:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well for 39k it will be a pretty stripped car. The Shelby GT is 40k loaded, excluding the Nav/DVD...just the Shaker 1000. So for 39k I would imagine you will need to buy extras...like seats, steering wheel, and tires.....
Old 1/4/07, 12:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Webba
Well for 39k it will be a pretty stripped car. The Shelby GT is 40k loaded, excluding the Nav/DVD...just the Shaker 1000. So for 39k I would imagine you will need to buy extras...like seats, steering wheel, and tires.....
Around 42K with the NAV...minus the Shaker 1000. <checks his DORA>

Yep! 42K...
Old 1/4/07, 02:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

42k for the Shelby GT...the GT350 we are speakig of would be well over that if it is done.
Old 1/4/07, 02:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Depends on where it's done. If it's built at FoMoCo- and at higher volume than the Shelby GT- costs would be more in line with the GT500. I was thinking 4.6 S/C al 4v (last cobra) with 430-450 HP. Keep all the gobbledegook off the car, like the Shelby GT. This way, the car would still be ~450-500 lbs less than the '500. You would have a car that handles better, and would be just as quick.
And the price would stay reasonable if mass produced (w/o ADM).

Make mine a drop top!
Old 1/4/07, 11:53 PM
GT Member

You guys are right - very sorry to say - the new Shelby GT is a great looking car but it's just not worth $40,000.00 plus for a extra 25 horsepower over the Mustang GT... OK it's got Shelby badges & striping from the Shelby factory, but the list price on the 2007 GT500 is $43,000.00 before mark ups... So yes at this point the GT500 in a year or so with NO mark up DOES look like a better deal than the Shelby-GT (25 HP more what a joke for that price) - sorry to say just NOT worth it....

You guys ARE RIGHT - FORD - COULD build the GT350 ALOT CHEAPER than our hero MR. Shelby because they mass produce 160,000 Mustangs yearly... So sorry to Carroll I hope FORD will build the future GT350 at Flat Rock better for us - more bang for the bucks... That would be real cool to take another tour of the Mustang assembly plant and see GT500, GT350, Bullitt Mustangs, Boss 302, and maybe a new Mach 1 going down the assembly line shades of the late sixties all over again.... And while were at it kick those Mazdas off the line so Ford can build MORE Mustangs....
Old 1/4/07, 11:58 PM
GT Member

FORD built GT350 Ford built GT350 Ford Built GT350 Ford Built GT350 Ford Built GT350 Ford built GT350 Ford built GT350 Ford Built GT350 Ford built GT350 You got to love it... RANDY ANDERSON
Old 1/7/07, 11:24 AM
GT Member

And this is January - yesterday was 70 degrees today is again sunny and in the mid- 50s... I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday - Have a great GT350 day... You may ask why I do this every day with the GT350 thing... Because I'm like a bull dog who won't let go until this car IS built instead of biting the tailend of the local mailman I'm putting the bite if you will - on Ford and Shelby - who I know read the site daily - just like us.... In their case they USE us to find out HOW ford fans feel about different issues and what they want... I my case I'm just little bit more vocal than most - if your listen Ford & Shelby (which I know YOU ARE) build this car the GT350 at a fair price (with no dealer mark-up by lifting the limits on production) and I'll go away very HAPPY... I always say - if your a polite pain in the butt to enough of the "RIGHT PEOPLE" the GT350 WILL BE BUILT..... Got to go Mr. GT350 Randy Anderson

P.S. Everyone this IS a GREAT SITE please enjoy it and have fun with it... Just remember if you REALLY want a Shelby Mustang it will happen - and if you have to by the car USED it's not the end of the world.... I would be just as happy buying a used Shelby if I couldn't afford a new one... If thats the case I'll have JUST AS MUCH FUN LOOKING in a few years.... Around $40,000 give or take a few thousand will be my cap on a new car...
Old 1/7/07, 12:46 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thats what I'm thinking as well Randy! Just wait until the Camaro and the Challenger come out and we'll se how many cars are around, I bet you will find some good deals down the road!!! I can remember some of my club buddies had purchased new Mustang Gt's when they first came out and paind premium prices plus mark ups all over the place. I bought mine in Spet with the 0% offer and paid Sticker, $25,040
Old 1/7/07, 09:03 PM
reb

For the sake of comparison the cost of the original gt350 was considerably higher than the cost of a 271 hp regular mustang fastback($4800 gt350 vs $3200?). I think they were rated 305 hp (34hp more) and had some suspension mods/etc. The price isnt only for hp, its for finesse and the shelby plate under the hood.
Ross

Quick Reply: Official Release and Pix!