2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

MotorTrend comparo of Shelby GT, Saleen S281, and Roush Stage II

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/08, 09:32 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MotorTrend comparo of Shelby GT, Saleen S281, and Roush Stage II

Oh sure, you're quick to post the Shelby GT losing to the Subaru Car & Driver comparo, but not a peep about this positve comparo.
http://www.teamshelby.com/docs/mtapr08_sgtcomparo.pdf

Fear not Shelby GT haters! There's something in the article that will appeal to you too.

"And if it were our money? We’d take the GT and pocket the change. Or we’d seriously consider the quicker Corvette or more refined 335i Coupe".
Old 3/8/08, 09:55 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BTW, those MSRP prices are nowhere near what you would really pay for any of these cars. If I had gotten the 20" razors and tire and the $4K Baer brakes, my car would have been more than $6K less than the $48K MSRP.

Ok, let the hating begin.
Old 3/10/08, 11:00 AM
CAL
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AFBLUE
BTW, those MSRP prices are nowhere near what you would really pay for any of these cars. If I had gotten the 20" razors and tire and the $4K Baer brakes, my car would have been more than $6K less than the $48K MSRP.

Thank you both for the article and comments. Good write-up and confirmed what I knew and thought. No offense to anyone, but not worth the extra $$. I can slap the FRPP CAI+Tune and cherry-pick what I want to mod to my bone stock CS/GT and save some money.

OR even bone stock, my CS/GT will hang right in there with these other high-dollar modified GTs...... Even the article stated, just go with the GT and add what you want.

Thanks
Old 3/10/08, 12:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AFBLUE

You know I'm not hattin.....

No one here should be surprised. The Saleens and Roush's are just modified GT's just like the Shelby GT. Just cause the name Shelby is on something that doesn't have hi horsepower is where the hate comes from. The Shelby GT is a good car period.