2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Finally coming around: Shelby GT not so bad, IMO

Search this Thread

Old 10/7/06, 04:42 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by amyb
... And we are trying to be a good partner for Ford and using all their parts. But for aftermarket, we already have a paxton supercharger for the v6 and V8 and its shelby exclusive...
Using Ford parts is a plus from a legitimacy and quality stand point. IMO, Paxton has a long way to go, specially in customer service and backing their products when issues develop.
Old 10/7/06, 04:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Isn't Paxton and Vortech the same company now? I believe there is a 3 year warranty on the supercharger and it has a carb # which is good for people living in California.
Old 10/7/06, 05:09 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Amy, Good luck with that.
Also, nice retro touch using the Paxton.

Sharp, I agree with you about the styling of the GT500. Yes, I LOVE the 500hp, but the styling is just not my taste at all. And the weight? The 05-07 Mustang is already way too heavy. Ford is going in the wrong direction, IMO. Are we headed for the early 70's again? And we all know what comes after that.
Old 10/17/06, 08:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 127bull
What are you taking about. Do you honestly think I was talking about the cars of the 60s and the cars of today being the same technology? I was referring to how the GT350 and Shelby GT are produced, as in they started as regular Mustangs taken to SShelby and modified, back in the 60's as in today. Of course they don't use the same parts or technology used on the GT350 and the Shelby GT they are totally different cars. Stangnut said that that’s what turned him off about the Shelby GT that it was just a Mustang modified by <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comShelby. This is also how</st1:City> the GT350 was made, just a Mustang taken to Shelby and modified. He loves the GT350(who doesn't). So I don't see how you can love one car and not like another based on the production procedures especially if they are born by the same process, though they are totally different cars when it comes to today’s technology. Sorry you couln't understand what I meant in my post #3.

Has nothing to do with production procedures, but more of content. 40 + years of content. See Bullitts post!
I was born well before the 350 was ever made. that's how! understood your post perfectly by the way. cheers!
Old 10/17/06, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by 127bull
I understand that part, I was responding to the first post when he stated that "As many have said, it is the modern day equivalent of a '65 GT350. (Which, like any true Mustang fan, I love) Strangely what turned me around was thinking about the name, Shelby GT. It's simply that. A GT modified by Shelby. Although I think it could be more correctly called an FRPP GT since all the performance upgrades are FRPP and none are by Shelby."
He stated he was turned off because the Selby GT was just a GT modified by Shelby, I stated that the orginal GT350s were just that Mustangs modified by Shelby, and thank goodness they were.
Actually, you misunderstood what I wrote. I never actually said I "was turned off because the Selby GT was just a GT modified by Shelby."

If you'll notice in the very beginning of the post, I said, "At first I was EXTREMELY disapointed..." and that was followed by the statement (the one you misquoted) which actually said, "what turned me around was thinking about the name, Shelby GT. It's simply that. A GT modified by Shelby." which obviously implies I started liking the new Shelby GT because my thinking had turned around. Another clue was the title of the thread.

Sounds to me like we agree about what the new Shelby GT is.
Old 10/18/06, 12:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by StangNut
Actually, you misunderstood what I wrote. I never actually said I "was turned off because the Selby GT was just a GT modified by Shelby."

If you'll notice in the very beginning of the post, I said, "At first I was EXTREMELY disapointed..." and that was followed by the statement (the one you misquoted) which actually said, "what turned me around was thinking about the name, Shelby GT. It's simply that. A GT modified by Shelby." which obviously implies I started liking the new Shelby GT because my thinking had turned around. Another clue was the title of the thread.

Sounds to me like we agree about what the new Shelby GT is.

And if YOU'LL notice, actually, has nothing to do with what you wrote at all. I could'nt give a rats a.. what you wrote in your post. I never quoted you. 127bull did. go look. I quoted him, NOT YOU, so I don't see where it's any of your bussiness? move on!

And another thing, The one I misquoted??? The one I misquoted??? HELLO!Show me where I even "quoted" YOU saying ANYTHING? especially "was turned off because the Shelby GT was just a GT modified by Shelby" ? You can't, because I did'nt! Once again, the only thing I quoted was "The difference is 40 + years of technology. Those first Shelbys never had that". Maybe you should go have a look also! I don't have to agree with you. I've always known what it is. Thanks for the clue! Glad your finally coming around!
Old 10/18/06, 07:13 AM

That post was directed towards 127bull.
All this quoting and I somehow deleted the quoted post I was responding to. It was actually post #13.
If it will help matters, I'll go back and put the quoted post where it was deleted from.

Either way. Don't get so worked up. It's just the internet. (if you only knew how hypocritical that sounds coming from ME)
Old 10/19/06, 01:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

no problem!
Old 10/21/06, 11:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Yep my mistake. Lets chalk this up to an internet misunderstanding, I believe we were trying to say the same things. The Shelby GT is going to be a great car just not sure of the bolts on the scoop.
Old 10/22/06, 09:29 PM

Maybe we'll all convince them the change those bolts by the time production starts. One problem is no one notices them at the shows becaue the hood's always up.
Old 10/30/06, 09:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Boomer
Adding 'oem' parts to a SE that aren't made directly by Ford isn't anything new...just so happens that we KNOW where/who makes these parts.

Or would one simply be against an 03 Mach1 because CDC designed the shaker?
CDC designed a prototype shaker which "inspired" Ford to do their own version of it.