2007-2008 Shelby GT The Third S197 Shelby Mustang

Another "Is it worth it?" thread

Old 12/6/07, 06:37 PM
SGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
That's more than I paid for my 08 (after $2000 in incentives). I've seen 07s for sale for hundreds below invoice.

Don't worry about the supply drying up anytime soon.
On 14 Nov there were 1615 unsold 08 Shelby GTs (out of a total of ~2200)
http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forum...dpost&p=252360
http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forum...dpost&p=259608
Mark- Did you tell him about MM if not this is where he works if you call as for Michael Morris Used Car Manager tel:478-987-2411waynemorrisford@alltel.net. See if he can help you out I know Roger, Mark, and another Mark got there cars form him and a lot of other SGT owners.
Old 12/6/07, 06:42 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No I haven't mentioned MM. I think he has 2 convertibles still available but not sure if he has any coupes. He's a good guy to work with. Give him a call and see what he can do for you.

FYI on ebay:
07 black SGT with no reserve for $35,950 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-FO...QQcmdZViewItem

another black 07 with buy it now of $35,995
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...QQcmdZViewItem

White used 07 (3000 miles) for $34,600
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SHELB...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 12/6/07, 06:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ive never purchased a car off ebay before. How does that work? Do they deliver it to your local dealer and you do the paperwork there? Are there extra delivery charges involved, negating the savings you got on ebay? How does buying online complicate things? Or does it?
Old 12/6/07, 07:16 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

You have to either go get the car or have it shipped to you.

I bought my car from Wayne Morris Ford in GA and did all my paperwork via fax and mail, so it would be the same for you.

Never bought a car on ebay (almost bought a used one), so I'm not the expert on this. Might want to post this question in the 2005 mustang section to get more responses.

I was just posting the ebay ads to show you that 07s can be had for less than you were quoted.
Old 12/8/07, 10:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

keep the signature.....sell the car

Old 12/13/07, 12:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok, I've got a local dealer with 3 '08 SGTs, willing to take X-plan! He also has 07s, one of which (white w/auto) he says is "sell-proof". That translates as "make me an offer". He offered me a black 07 for $3k under sticker (incl. rebate), and says he'll take X-plan on the 08s!

1. Go for it? (yeah, I know what you're going to say. It's easy to spend someone else's money)

2. X-plan. I am not automatically entitled to an X-plan PIN, but there are websites out there where I can get a PIN#. They want the last 4 of your SS# to forward you one. Can I trust these sites, and can you really get the PIN for free, safely?

I hadn't planned on doing this so quickly, as I can probably sell my GT easier in the spring. At the moment, it drives like a hockey puck, as it has 21K miles on the original Pirellis, and the roads are snow-packed. Mid-December is not a great Mustang selling time. Wait for spring and expect the same deal or grab it while the gettin's good? Am I nuts to want to drive an SGT year-round as my only car? In Denver?! Help!
Old 12/13/07, 08:14 PM
V6 Member

You know what you can and can't do financially. It is really your call. Sounds like good deals. But what if you wait until spring? Will the deals be better?

On the offering of an 08 in Black.....they don't exist.
Old 12/14/07, 01:29 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

The deals won't be any worse in the Spring (little over 3 mos from now)
Old 12/14/07, 01:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just found a slightly used 07 in black for $32999 online. Only 125 miles, so very slightly used. Maybe someone didn't like a manual tranny? I think I'm going to hold off here and see what happens, especially since it is snowing now and no one is going to stand in line to buy my car in December anyway. I am also getting some great feedback on another thread, questioning the expense of an SGT.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=74740

I don't hear many of you SGT owners defending your cars there, but I am getting alot of comments as to how I can mod my car better and cheaper. Any of you want to disagree?
Old 12/14/07, 02:32 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by backafter20
I just found a slightly used 07 in black for $32999 online. Only 125 miles, so very slightly used. Maybe someone didn't like a manual tranny? I think I'm going to hold off here and see what happens, especially since it is snowing now and no one is going to stand in line to buy my car in December anyway. I am also getting some great feedback on another thread, questioning the expense of an SGT.

I don't hear many of you SGT owners defending your cars there, but I am getting alot of comments as to how I can mod my car better and cheaper. Any of you want to disagree?
There is really nothing to defend.

The SGT is a Shelby, it has almost every ffrp part on the car, the work was done in Vegas at Shelby's facility, the car looks terrific, limited number and color and the extra that you pay is for the Shelby bragging rights and everyone knows it....

I had an 05GT and had many mods on the car, but was no where near as satisfied as I am now with the Shelby. So the choice is yours, you have the green light to buy a Shelby if you want one or stick with the GT which you can mod just like a Shelby, but it will never be one.........
Old 12/15/07, 11:34 AM
V6 Member

Anybody can mod any car "better and cheaper," depending on what they want to do with it (speed, handling, power, etc.). This is especially true if they do the work themselves. Having said that, not all of us are so mechanically inclined, or have the time, to be shadetree mechanics. There is something to be said about getting a factory-modified car - time, ease, warranty, consistency. For what you are getting, just looking at costs alone, I think the Shelby is a good value, a better value at the prices you are seeing.
Old 12/16/07, 11:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

I guess I don't have to ask AFBLUE if his SGT was worth it? I am really leaning towards getting one of these, and tonight at dinner my wife quite unexpectedly asks what the MSRP is on a GT500, and how long I would expect the ADMs to last. I was shocked she was even aware of these things. I guess she does listen sometimes... Then she suggests that I just wait for a GT500, if I can get one at sticker and that's really what I want. (great wife, huh?) I don't know about that, though. I kinda think the SGT is more Shelby than the GT500, and you can get a supercharger (complete with Shelby sticker) from Shelby for around $5k (maybe cheaper elsewhere). That just gives me too much to consider, but I'm not likely to sell my GT in the middle of winter in Denver anyway, and that was her one condition: sell my car before taking delivery of a new one. I can't believe I'm thinking of doing this...
Old 12/17/07, 01:24 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

It's not worth it. I wished I had gotten a Subura WRX instead
Old 12/17/07, 01:56 PM
Cobra Member

Man Jim..... I wish my wife was like that..... LOL, she and I just got into a fight yesterday about playing video games.......
Old 12/17/07, 02:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

I can imagine your disappointment, Mark, after seeing that cute little hatchback-look and the real, functional hoodscoop on the WRX, not to mention the real-world convenience of four doors! Kinda makes the Shelby seem a bit crude, huh? I can't imagine what those little Subarus will be fetching at Barrett-Jackson in a few years. You'll be sorry you didn't get one of those...

Torrence, I didn't say my wife wasn't female. She gets a bit of pampering herself. I think she just wants me to be satisfied, once and for all , with the vehicle I have so I'll stop talking about it. She doesn't realize, however, that that can never happen. There will always be a car I want more, a mod I think I need, and an automotive goal on the horizon. If I get an SGT, I'll want a supercharger and some Shelby Redlines. If I get a GT500, I'll want a KR hood and some bolt-on upgrades. Either way, I still want a Superformance Cobra, a Dragon, or an Ariel Atom. Or all three! I ain't letting my wife see that far into the future, ya see? I'll let her think that each goal is the last one. After all, that's the way she is with jewelry. Diamonds are forever, my ash!

Oh, BTW, awesome cars, both of you!
Old 1/15/08, 09:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, so I stuck it here. Can we still order an 08 SGT from the factory? I would like certain Ford options, and maybe some Shelby mod shop options as well. The Ford dealers around here seem to be pretty much ignorant of the products they sell, and have no idea of how to deal with Shelby or the mod shop. Apparently, to them, the cash-cow cars just magically appear on the showroom floor, and then some idiot walks in and offers them the ADM and everyone is happy. I walk in, ask questions, find out I know 10x what they do, and leave thinking they're the idiots! They think I'm a troublemaker for not accepting everything they say. All I want to do is order a Shelby! Is that so wrong? I've checked over at Team Shelby as well, but can't seem to find mod shop or ordering info. Help?
Old 1/15/08, 11:17 PM
Cobra Member

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, so I stuck it here. Can we still order an 08 SGT from the factory? I would like certain Ford options, and maybe some Shelby mod shop options as well. The Ford dealers around here seem to be pretty much ignorant of the products they sell, and have no idea of how to deal with Shelby or the mod shop. Apparently, to them, the cash-cow cars just magically appear on the showroom floor, and then some idiot walks in and offers them the ADM and everyone is happy. I walk in, ask questions, find out I know 10x what they do, and leave thinking they're the idiots! They think I'm a troublemaker for not accepting everything they say. All I want to do is order a Shelby! Is that so wrong? I've checked over at Team Shelby as well, but can't seem to find mod shop or ordering info. Help?
Shouldn't be a problem I don't think, just stop by the dealer. Or give them a call at work tomorrow.
Old 1/16/08, 02:44 AM

hello,

I come from slovakia, east europe you know, so english is not my native language, of course. I am dreaming about buying a true american muscle car for about 20 yrs. Realy fall in love with first generation 1964–1973 mustangs. Now its a time to do something with this "problem", so .. my plan is .. about 3-4 months later from this moment .. to become a proud owner of 08 SGT.
For about 60-63K USD /clo,tax,etc.etc./ God bless poor US dollar performance !!
Old 1/16/08, 04:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

All lot of people over here share the same dream as you. The SGT seems to be a great modern version of what made us love muscle cars to begin with. Hope things work out for you, mute.
Old 1/16/08, 08:24 AM

fingers crossed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Another "Is it worth it?" thread