2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Two weeks for stripes on a GT/CS. BS

Search this Thread

Old 9/28/06, 10:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Two weeks for stripes on a GT/CS. BS

Major venting here.... Took my car into the dealer for stripes to be painted on, said it would take three to four days... It's now two weeks. Took it in on Monday, Friday their body shop calls to confirm the color... WTF??? Service mgr who is taking care of the stripes and a few other mods was off today ( Thursday). Car was not back from body shop yet ( they have two locations, body shop is at the other location).

They are putting on the FRPP axelbacks, K&N CAI and a remote starter. Was hoping to get it back by the weekend. NOT. Will also have to cancel appointment for window tints on Friday ( my day off )

Stripes are Cashmere, the pearl finish like on the Lincoln and Caddys. It is a three step process, base, tint and clear. but two weeks .
Do I sound a bit fustrated???
Old 9/29/06, 11:44 AM
Cobra R Member

More venting...........
Called dealer, its noon Friday, car won't be done until mid next week.
" they want to make sure it looks good and buffs out ok"
What are these guys doing?? buffing it by hand??
My thought is
1.They were busy and they put me on the back burner to stew.
2 They messed my car up some how and are trying to get it fixed so I won't know.
Old 9/29/06, 12:39 PM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd be putting the exhaust, CAI, and remote start in myself with that kind of service. Hope it all comes out OK for you.

Later on, two weeks will seem trivial... as long as you are happy with the painting and the other installs.

I would rather wait two weeks and be totally satisfied, than a few days and get a crappy job.
Old 9/29/06, 01:34 PM
Bullitt Member

took about 11 days for my stripes to be painted. Took me about 10 to realize I was not the only car in the shop and they were doing the best they could. It will be worth the wait.
Old 10/1/06, 11:26 AM
Cobra Member

Doug - I now it's frustrating - but hang in there and hopefully they will do a good job for you - real frustration is waiting this long (with excuses right and left) AND they do a bad job....you'll have to post pics when you get it back - I'm not familiar with that color.
Old 10/1/06, 06:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Guess the most frustrating part is that they said it would take about 3 to 4 days . If they said two weeks thats different . Latest up date is Wed or Thurs of this next week. Going to hint at a set of wheel locks for the agervation.

Getting razzed at work, first question is " did you wreck it?"
Second one is " Is that your dad's car?" Loaner car, a Taurus from the dealer.

another hard part is that I've got a box of mods sitting on the counter to go on the car and no car.

Another week and the dealer will have had the car longer than I have.

OK I'am smiling now. Gritting my teeth but smiling.
Old 10/3/06, 06:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Got a call from the dealer today, there having trouble with the trunk lid stripes, need to be redone, looking at later this week to next week.
that will be three weeks.
Old 10/3/06, 08:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Doug, Just what exactly is the trouble? Did you prepay for the stripes? Hang in there! Joe
Old 10/3/06, 10:37 PM
Cobra R Member

Problem,,, hmmmmmm. Just hope the painter is as picky as I am, Said they did not like the way they turned out and are redoing the back stripes , said front ones look great .

Pre pay, yes, rolled into the loan. Will be getting a refund on the tuner, Ford does not have the tunes and codes for the 07's yet, hmmm. Last ones to get things are the children .
Been chatting with Marcello at Silverhorse Racing, he's pulling some stuff together for me for the tuner, along with some other mods. I need a car to put them on though.

My contact at the dealer is the owners son, says he feels bad about this, wonder what I can work out for my "pain"

I'm really starting to like the Taurus loaner they gave me in the mean time, a real power house and chick magnet.... NOT
Old 10/4/06, 02:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Did you roll the cost of the tuner into the loan? IF so that is a bummer because after you get your money refunded you will still be paying interest on that amount.

Can't wait to see pictures of the stripes
Old 10/4/06, 04:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What color stripes are you getting painted? Are you doing black, to match the GT/CS stripes?
Old 10/4/06, 06:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by sts767
Did you roll the cost of the tuner into the loan? IF so that is a bummer because after you get your money refunded you will still be paying interest on that amount.

Can't wait to see pictures of the stripes
yes, but at least i'll will be getting a better setup, the FRPP tuner only holds one tune. Plus I'm paying extra on my loan each month so the difference in interest shouldn't be that big of a hit.

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
What color stripes are you getting painted? Are you doing black, to match the GT/CS stripes?
Fords color is Cashmere, they use it on the Lincolns. It is an off white with pearl in it. Thought about black, but too dark on the vista blue IMO.
Thought white was too bright and no sparkle to it. The Cashmere, from what I understand, has real ground pearls in it, lots of sparkle and the "Mother of Pearl" finish. With the Parchment vert top I thought this would be a better color choice.
In one discussion with the painter, I did mention I would like to show the car, so after some thought, I think he may be doing a super knock out job. At least that is what I keep telling my self.
Old 10/11/06, 01:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Doug, What's the status on your stripes?
Old 10/11/06, 05:29 PM
Cobra R Member

I got it back last night It looks great Sounds great Runs great . Will get pics up this weekend.
The bad part, Drone @ 1800 RPM, that puts it at about 35 mph and 60 mph on an auto.
The dealer put on the FRPP axelbacks, K&N Typhoon CAI, and remote starter, along with the stripes.
Found out what tooks so long, fist it sat at the body shop for a week without doing anything, theres one week.
second week and a half they painted it, then while buffing it out they burned a section of the trunk and had to re do it. That took the second part of the third week, last Friday they did the intake and exhaust mods. Monday the remote starter was to go on, but the " only " guy that could do it, his grandmother died and went to the funereal. So it got put on Tuesday, Tuesday night the dealer delivered it to work, filled with gas and took the loaner, that was on empty.
Said the Typhoon CAI is an up grade, did that for the cost of the regular intake. Looks nice, chrome. Will post pics soon. Yea I know....
I had to do it before someone else did.

I don't have any roads around my house where I can really open it up yet, have to hit the highway. but gets up to 60 very quick, no tune yet. Doug from Bamatunes is coming to St. Louis in a few weeks, and will let him take care of it then. Also will have it dynoed and find out what real increases I got out of the mods.

Oh and the stripes, look great, more so in the sunlight, lots of sparkle. overall I'm happy, would rather have it take a bit longer and have the great job that they did, than have it rushed and look crappy.
Old 10/11/06, 07:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Let me know if you need help with the pics. Be sure to include your mods too! Joe