The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   Topmorrow is the big day (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/topmorrow-big-day-464289/)

silverbull271 2/22/08 11:21 AM

Topmorrow is the big day

Well.....tomorrows the big day.....i am going to take delivery of my GT/CS VERT.....

My dealer has 2....both identical except for the color....white, or black.....i had my heart set on the white one for the past week or so....all of a sudden the past couple days im thinking maybe black.....

im about 85 percent sure im going with the white one....the black one looks too plain (IMO) the side decals can barely be seen, and bc of the decal there are no badges....

What sux is that it snowed here for the 1st time of the year (NY AREA). We got about 5-8 inches last nite into this morn. It is now raining and hopefully will wash away....

Just my luck....day before going to deliver the car ive been dreaming about for past 3 years the snow storm hits....

I have my Camera all charged up and ready to snap!

Will post pix tomorrow nite

n4agoodtyme 2/22/08 12:06 PM

Congrats! My 08 GT/CS is the best mustang I have ever owned...now if you could just wait for an orange one you would REALLY be happy!:rofl2:

Personally, I would get the white over black for the same reasons you listed..the decals and front and rear facia's and side skirts seem to just disappear on the darker colored mustangs...

CarRamRod 2/22/08 12:09 PM

Go white. They look badass.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...d/IMG_1301.jpg

silverbull271 2/22/08 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by n4agoodtyme (Post 1114536)
Congrats! My 08 GT/CS is the best mustang I have ever owned...now if you could just wait for an orange one you would REALLY be happy!:rofl2:

Personally, I would get the white over black for the same reasons you listed..the decals and front and rear facia's and side skirts seem to just disappear on the darker colored mustangs...

funny you say that.....i can get an orange one....dealer just got it in this week....im not feeling the orange one....

Here is a list of the stangs i have had in my lifetime....

1995 V6- Forrest Green (pre-owned ) Auto
2000 V6 Convertible -Performance Red (Cobra-R color)-Auto
2003 GT Coupe Premium- Silver Metallic(5Spd)
2004 Mach 1-Screaming Yellow(5Spd)

kennymustang 2/22/08 12:39 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Ghostang the only way to go!:banana:
Kennymustang

n4agoodtyme 2/22/08 01:05 PM

8 Attachment(s)
I know..I know..most people love the color when they see it in person...but can not pull the trigger to buy one themselves...I personally like the flash of the orange...When you pull into the dealership tomorrow and you drive by the black, white, and orange one...which one grabs your attention. For me, it was the grabber orange...But white would have been my second choice..ACTUALLY, Vapor Silver would be a killer color for the GT/CS as well....

Maybe these will sway you! :grin::poke:

Whatever the color...congrats on the GT/CS..

My old list..and all the colors!

1999 V6 (silver)
2001 Roush Stage 1 (black)
2004 GT (Screaming Yellow)
1993 5.0 LX Vert (Red w/ white top)

CarRamRod 2/22/08 02:03 PM

+ 1 Not a fan of Grabber Orange. Some of us have to have White.:jester:

05fordgt 2/22/08 02:09 PM

Go with the white one! We just got in a White GT/CS and its a sweet looking car!!! Now that said, if the Orange car was available with the black/dove interior that would be the one to get.

JohnTsi 2/22/08 02:37 PM

Black pics for you

8 Attachment(s)
Just got your message. Good luck - both are great - I only added the GT500 mud guards and chrome shift bezel and cupholder inside. Ordered some factory GT badges to try around car and might also add a chrome upper mirror pc (instead of whole mirror cover) if I can find one.

JohnTsi 2/22/08 02:49 PM

God I love this car. No pics but looks pretty sinister with top up. CAI, tune and axle back due later this year.

devilcaninex 2/22/08 03:00 PM

White and Orange both look nice...but they are slower than Black.

Black Sheep Squadron!!!!!! :grin:

colbymh 2/22/08 03:01 PM

Black looks sweet at "Night", but crappy the other 18 hours of the day. Unless ofcourse you want to spend 16 of those hours, polishing it every day.

Go white. GO #2 option.

jacostang 2/22/08 03:11 PM

Congrats Nice!!

gt/cs08 2/22/08 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by JohnTsi (Post 1114692)
God I love this car. No pics but looks pretty sinister with top up. CAI, tune and axle back due later this year.

Congratulations !!!

IowaBeef 2/22/08 05:00 PM

You can go white if you want it to look like my grandma's Buick. I like the way you can barely see the stripe on Black, thats why I originally went for the CS, I can't stand that GT logo on the side. It looks like 80's retro.

97svtgoin05gt 2/22/08 05:04 PM

Once you go black.....:metal:

Ray Man 2/22/08 05:19 PM

Congrats!!! :nice: You'll love which ever one you choose. I think that you should get one of each. :grin:

Some of us like the stealth look without all the badging

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...GT-CSS/002.jpg

The black is very time consuming to keep clean but nothing looks better. I might of gone with the GO if it was available when I ordered mine. Oh well, maybe next time.

Glenn 2/22/08 05:20 PM

black is the worst color to take care of ....... I vote legend lime... lol That orange is a great color also.

White. What dealership are you going to? post a link

CAL 2/22/08 06:01 PM

C' mon...don't go for that "school bus" orange ---Performance White.

carnutny 2/22/08 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by silverbull271 (Post 1114500)
Well.....tomorrows the big day.....i am going to take delivery of my GT/CS VERT.....

My dealer has 2....both identical except for the color....white, or black.....i had my heart set on the white one for the past week or so....all of a sudden the past couple days im thinking maybe black.....

im about 85 percent sure im going with the white one....the black one looks too plain (IMO) the side decals can barely be seen, and bc of the decal there are no badges....

What sux is that it snowed here for the 1st time of the year (NY AREA). We got about 5-8 inches last nite into this morn. It is now raining and hopefully will wash away....

Just my luck....day before going to deliver the car ive been dreaming about for past 3 years the snow storm hits....

I have my Camera all charged up and ready to snap!

Will post pix tomorrow nite

I know the feeling, the snow sucks around here. Just think, Spring is 6 weeks away. I think either color looks great, what dealer did you buy from?