The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/)
-   -   Topmorrow is the big day (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f730/topmorrow-big-day-464289/)

silverbull271 2/22/08 11:21 AM

Topmorrow is the big day

Well.....tomorrows the big day.....i am going to take delivery of my GT/CS VERT.....

My dealer has 2....both identical except for the color....white, or black.....i had my heart set on the white one for the past week or so....all of a sudden the past couple days im thinking maybe black.....

im about 85 percent sure im going with the white one....the black one looks too plain (IMO) the side decals can barely be seen, and bc of the decal there are no badges....

What sux is that it snowed here for the 1st time of the year (NY AREA). We got about 5-8 inches last nite into this morn. It is now raining and hopefully will wash away....

Just my luck....day before going to deliver the car ive been dreaming about for past 3 years the snow storm hits....

I have my Camera all charged up and ready to snap!

Will post pix tomorrow nite

n4agoodtyme 2/22/08 12:06 PM

Congrats! My 08 GT/CS is the best mustang I have ever owned...now if you could just wait for an orange one you would REALLY be happy!:rofl2:

Personally, I would get the white over black for the same reasons you listed..the decals and front and rear facia's and side skirts seem to just disappear on the darker colored mustangs...

CarRamRod 2/22/08 12:09 PM

Go white. They look badass.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...d/IMG_1301.jpg

silverbull271 2/22/08 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by n4agoodtyme (Post 1114536)
Congrats! My 08 GT/CS is the best mustang I have ever owned...now if you could just wait for an orange one you would REALLY be happy!:rofl2:

Personally, I would get the white over black for the same reasons you listed..the decals and front and rear facia's and side skirts seem to just disappear on the darker colored mustangs...

funny you say that.....i can get an orange one....dealer just got it in this week....im not feeling the orange one....

Here is a list of the stangs i have had in my lifetime....

1995 V6- Forrest Green (pre-owned ) Auto
2000 V6 Convertible -Performance Red (Cobra-R color)-Auto
2003 GT Coupe Premium- Silver Metallic(5Spd)
2004 Mach 1-Screaming Yellow(5Spd)

kennymustang 2/22/08 12:39 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Ghostang the only way to go!:banana:
Kennymustang

n4agoodtyme 2/22/08 01:05 PM

8 Attachment(s)
I know..I know..most people love the color when they see it in person...but can not pull the trigger to buy one themselves...I personally like the flash of the orange...When you pull into the dealership tomorrow and you drive by the black, white, and orange one...which one grabs your attention. For me, it was the grabber orange...But white would have been my second choice..ACTUALLY, Vapor Silver would be a killer color for the GT/CS as well....

Maybe these will sway you! :grin::poke:

Whatever the color...congrats on the GT/CS..

My old list..and all the colors!

1999 V6 (silver)
2001 Roush Stage 1 (black)
2004 GT (Screaming Yellow)
1993 5.0 LX Vert (Red w/ white top)

CarRamRod 2/22/08 02:03 PM

+ 1 Not a fan of Grabber Orange. Some of us have to have White.:jester:

05fordgt 2/22/08 02:09 PM

Go with the white one! We just got in a White GT/CS and its a sweet looking car!!! Now that said, if the Orange car was available with the black/dove interior that would be the one to get.

JohnTsi 2/22/08 02:37 PM

Black pics for you

8 Attachment(s)
Just got your message. Good luck - both are great - I only added the GT500 mud guards and chrome shift bezel and cupholder inside. Ordered some factory GT badges to try around car and might also add a chrome upper mirror pc (instead of whole mirror cover) if I can find one.

JohnTsi 2/22/08 02:49 PM

God I love this car. No pics but looks pretty sinister with top up. CAI, tune and axle back due later this year.

devilcaninex 2/22/08 03:00 PM

White and Orange both look nice...but they are slower than Black.

Black Sheep Squadron!!!!!! :grin:

colbymh 2/22/08 03:01 PM

Black looks sweet at "Night", but crappy the other 18 hours of the day. Unless ofcourse you want to spend 16 of those hours, polishing it every day.

Go white. GO #2 option.

jacostang 2/22/08 03:11 PM

Congrats Nice!!

gt/cs08 2/22/08 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by JohnTsi (Post 1114692)
God I love this car. No pics but looks pretty sinister with top up. CAI, tune and axle back due later this year.

Congratulations !!!

IowaBeef 2/22/08 05:00 PM

You can go white if you want it to look like my grandma's Buick. I like the way you can barely see the stripe on Black, thats why I originally went for the CS, I can't stand that GT logo on the side. It looks like 80's retro.

97svtgoin05gt 2/22/08 05:04 PM

Once you go black.....:metal:

Ray Man 2/22/08 05:19 PM

Congrats!!! :nice: You'll love which ever one you choose. I think that you should get one of each. :grin:

Some of us like the stealth look without all the badging

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...GT-CSS/002.jpg

The black is very time consuming to keep clean but nothing looks better. I might of gone with the GO if it was available when I ordered mine. Oh well, maybe next time.

Glenn 2/22/08 05:20 PM

black is the worst color to take care of ....... I vote legend lime... lol That orange is a great color also.

White. What dealership are you going to? post a link

CAL 2/22/08 06:01 PM

C' mon...don't go for that "school bus" orange ---Performance White.

carnutny 2/22/08 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by silverbull271 (Post 1114500)
Well.....tomorrows the big day.....i am going to take delivery of my GT/CS VERT.....

My dealer has 2....both identical except for the color....white, or black.....i had my heart set on the white one for the past week or so....all of a sudden the past couple days im thinking maybe black.....

im about 85 percent sure im going with the white one....the black one looks too plain (IMO) the side decals can barely be seen, and bc of the decal there are no badges....

What sux is that it snowed here for the 1st time of the year (NY AREA). We got about 5-8 inches last nite into this morn. It is now raining and hopefully will wash away....

Just my luck....day before going to deliver the car ive been dreaming about for past 3 years the snow storm hits....

I have my Camera all charged up and ready to snap!

Will post pix tomorrow nite

I know the feeling, the snow sucks around here. Just think, Spring is 6 weeks away. I think either color looks great, what dealer did you buy from?

dly 2/22/08 06:37 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Just a few pictures of a black one.
Attachment 39732

Attachment 39733

devilcaninex 2/22/08 07:29 PM

Mine..no scoop no spoiler..I like the clean look..I have since added Mac exhaust and limo tint.
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...DEC07020-1.jpg

silverbull271 2/22/08 07:32 PM

I just want to thank all of you guys for helping me make my decision....

Im going with the PERFORMACE WHITE!

Oh, by the way, is it normal to have "buyers guilt" BEFORE you even purchase the car?

Im feeling it tonite....i dont know why....its $200 more a month than the car im terming, but we can afford it....but still....im a hardworking family man, and the farthest thing from "rich"

I will be posting the pix in this thread tomorrow nite.....(so excited i cant even sleep)

devilcaninex 2/22/08 08:36 PM

I love my Black GT/CS but I would get white if I had to choose another color. They look really nice in white.

CalStang'07 2/23/08 08:03 AM

Life Is Good!!

Our last was black. We just loved it! Nothing looks finer when clean and shiny. That being Said. Spent most of my spare time cleaning and detailing it to keep it looking that nice. Now with the CalStang, just a swipe with the CAL duster and a few wipes with a detail polish cloth and hes ready to show!! Congrats on your purchase! One week of driving your brand new Cal and that guilt feeling shall just wash away!! you Sir have made a very good investment in the happiness bank!! :banana::banana::banana: "RC"

silverbull271 2/24/08 08:48 PM

Really need help

Im beating myself up with this decision....never before i have i been so TORN over color....

One day im buying the Black...next im buying the WHITE

Lennyb44 2/24/08 09:16 PM

I vote white.
The GT/CS body mods stand out much better on the lighter color cars. :cool:
Plus... speaking from experience, black is a pain in the nether region to keep clean. :yup:

shatter 2/24/08 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lennyb44 (Post 1116364)
I vote white.
The GT/CS body mods stand out much better on the lighter color cars. :cool:
Plus... speaking from experience, black is a pain in the nether region to keep clean. :yup:

+1 on this. I have never owned a black car but I have owned a white one. It is shocking how often I had to wash the white car to keep it looking good. The difference in maintenance on black is that it shows all flaws while the white will hide quite a bit but road grime, bugs, etc. still will show easily enough on white.

There is a black GT/CS at work and you'd not know it was one by looking at it where the white one will definitely stand out as a GT/CS due to contrast etc. I voted for white.

StangMahn 2/24/08 11:32 PM

go with Vista! btwn white and black, id pick black, just because Im not a white car kinda guy.

2kanchoo 2/25/08 01:11 AM

Black is undoubtedly THEE best looking color for any vehicle EVER. Doesn't matter what the car is it looks atleast somewhat badass of it's black. That being said it is without a doubt the biggest pain in the @ss to keep clean. I personally can't stand the color white for vehicles looks too bland and meh. I'd go black or something else.

Black GT500 2/25/08 01:56 AM

White cars always look like fleet cars to me

As nice as the white with blue striped GT500 looks, I just can’t get over my dislike of white cars. When I rent a car, which is a few times a month, I always take ANY COLOR BUT WHITE… :bad:

Go with the Black! :nice:

AGBULLIT 2/25/08 02:31 AM

I voted for black because...
1) I have a black car and...
2) A white stripe is now available for the GT/CS for 2009.
3) Stealthy mean looks.
4) Standard body colored headlight buckets and mirrors.:jester:

I know this will not help you decide but I saw a white GT/CS on the highway on W64 in VA going to work in Newport News the other day. It looked awesome! The driver saw me behind him in another lane and slowed down to wave! I could have speeded up but I did not want him to think that I was racing.

GTMark052 2/25/08 07:05 AM

The problem with being that undecided over a color will mean that no matter which one you get, a couple of months later you'll be wishing you had gotten the other. Thats what happened to me. But for what it's worth, my vote is for white. White is a lot more forgiving when it comes to making it look good. Without a doubt, a black car thats cleaned and polished correctly cant be beat on looks, but like lennyb44 said, it can be a royal PITA to get and keep it looking right. I've owned both a black car and a white car so I've "been there and done that" JMO. Good Luck.:nice:

Moostang08 2/25/08 07:14 AM

I have had both a white and BLACK!!! mustang and the black looks better but is harder to keep clean. but when it is clean it looks B.A.! I VOTE BLACK!

CarRamRod 2/25/08 07:22 AM

Doesn't black fade?

CarRamRod 2/25/08 07:23 AM

we have had people on this forum say I can't take the Black anymore. I never hear that comment from white mustang owners.

codeman94 2/25/08 07:25 AM

...white!...you either love it or hate it.....I love it! I'm a sucker for white mustangs.

mpheine 2/25/08 07:45 AM

+1 on the Black.

silverbull271 2/25/08 08:43 AM

im asking everubody i know (friends, family, coworkers) for some reason EVERYBODY says that whit is a "girls" color....wtf?! i dont think that at all...to me the white is flashier, shows off that its a GT/CS....the black is meaner, and classier looking....

Oh by the way....IM STILL UNDECIDED!

Gleamin05 2/25/08 09:25 AM

+1 on black. I have had many black cars, they are a pain to keep clean but when thay are shiny they can't be beat. :nice:

adrenalin 2/25/08 09:55 AM

How often do you plan on washing and waxing the car? Also, would having swirl marks show drive you nuts? Black is, and always has been, the best looking colour when it is spotless. However it is also the hardest colour to keep clean. Wash it the wrong way one day and you have to spend hours getting rid of all the marks you made in the paint. I have had 4 black cars. I miss the colour but I don't miss the time spent keeping them clean. My Sonic blue is bad enough.

White is easier to keep clean and yes, for some reason a lot of people think white is a colour that a girl would drive. However they say the same about red. I disagree. I do however think that when you put a stock white and black car side by side, the black just looks more aggessive. The white is just to plain looking. Done up with stripes the white actually looks better than a black with stripes. Then again, that is just my opinion and around here I know that doesn't amount to much :)

Keystone 2/25/08 10:26 AM

I had a black car once too. Looked gorgeous when it was clean but even with keeping it out of the weather in spring time you could actually see pollen on it. Seemed like if you so much as looked at it the wrong way it would get dirty.

I'd say get black, but only if you can garage it, have an alternate vehicle to drive in bad weather, and don't mind spending the time to keep it shining.

Torrence 2/25/08 10:30 AM

White.....

adrenalin 2/25/08 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Keystone (Post 1116645)
I had a black car once too. Looked gorgeous when it was clean but even with keeping it out of the weather in spring time you could actually see pollen on it. Seemed like if you so much as looked at it the wrong way it would get dirty.

Oh man, how that brings back memories. I hated spring time. Spend all day cleaning, detailing, waxing. Walk inside to get a drink, come back out and my black car looked yellow from the pollen. Then to add insult to injury you just can't wipe the pollen off as it then leaves fine scratches in the paint. :banghead:

MBK 2/25/08 10:38 AM

i would look at many different colors and trims, but in the end you need to go with the right color and trim that will make you happy since you wll be driving the car, not your buddies

mrkabc 2/25/08 02:56 PM

I voted BLACK! Get Black and a car duster and you'll be OK!! Black is beautiful!! :)

HazardSports 2/25/08 03:19 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words ! I say we help him out by posting 1 or 2 of our BEST pics of WHITE OR BLACK that we own and give him a good look !

Keep us up to date !

HERE IS MY VOTE :

http://www.hazardsports.com/BLACK.JPG
http://www.hazardsports.com/BLACK2.JPG

silverbull271 2/26/08 07:54 AM

alright guys....after a LONG week of deliberation of which color to go with, i have finally made up my mind and i am picking up my GT/CS VERT today at 4:00

I will post pix tonite of final decision

:)

silverbull271 2/26/08 07:55 AM

alright guys....after a LONG week of deliberation of which color to go with, i have finally made up my mind and i am picking up my GT/CS VERT today at 4:00

I will post pix tonite of final decision

:)

adrenalin 2/26/08 07:57 AM

Merged the 2 threads that were in different sections that were for the same thing. I still say you go with what you like best, not what others think you should get.

silverbull271 2/26/08 07:58 AM

wow....look atthe results right now to the poll!

lmao....not very helpful

adrenalin 2/26/08 12:54 PM

Well 72% of the people that responded to the poll told you to get white and sounds like you already placed an order so does it really matter?

silverbull271 2/26/08 05:24 PM

Alright guys....i just got home.....it is pouring buckets here in NJ but that isnt stopping me from this nite!

WHAT A ..... CAR!

here she is....(with me in one snap)....

Tell me what you guys think

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6...ull271/1-1.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6...ull271/2-1.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6...rbull271/3.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6...rbull271/4.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6...rbull271/5.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6...rbull271/6.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6...rbull271/7.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6...rbull271/8.jpg

silverbull271 2/26/08 05:30 PM

disregard the time stamp on the pix....wife mesed up the camera

05GT-O.C.D. 2/26/08 05:47 PM

Great choice! You get some bananas!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Poco 2/26/08 05:57 PM

:banana:One more...Very nice! The black matt stripes look great on the CS/GT.Congrats!

StangMahn 2/26/08 05:59 PM

sweet ride!

Clark Kent 2/26/08 06:17 PM

nice, but than again im biased to black

adrenalin 2/26/08 06:38 PM

Nice ride. Turns a gloomy looking day into a nice day doesn't it.

JohnTsi 2/26/08 08:06 PM

awesome - hope I helped tip the scale...

silverbull271 2/26/08 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by JohnTsi (Post 1117992)
awesome - hope I helped tip the scale...

lmao.....bro...you did....i saw one pic of your coba vert in black and that was it...the white never looked the same since!!!!

silverbull271 2/26/08 08:19 PM

double post...sorry

silverbull271 2/27/08 07:53 AM

can it get any better than this?

heres my view at work....this picture was snapped from my chair in my office

picture quality is bad bc from my cell phone

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c6...l271/stang.jpg

adrenalin 2/27/08 10:25 AM

Double parked! That's a ticket for you. Just kidding. I do the same thing, lol.

silverbull271 2/27/08 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by adrenalin (Post 1118392)
Double parked! That's a ticket for you. Just kidding. I do the same thing, lol.

hahahahah

bro...u gotta see office i work at...the guys i work with have maserati's....bentley's...ferraris.....sick...all of em park tht way....lmao, here i come into work today showing off my stang to everybody....i must have at least $50 in back seat from everyone throwing bills back there for good luck

gonna go buy some ZAINO...lmao

ewingfly 2/27/08 11:16 AM

haha^^^^^

The same thing happened to me though I didnt get $50 dollars. My friends are cheap.

Good choice with the black you wont regret it

StangPower05 2/27/08 11:37 AM

Great Color choice!! Best of luck with the car!

htwag 2/27/08 03:42 PM

Both exactly the same only different.