2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Thanks for the posts, helped me decide to buy

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/06, 01:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the posts, helped me decide to buy

I'm a newbie, just wanted to thank everyone for posting information on here. I was very close to buying a GT until I saw all the posts on here for the California Special. My dealer didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked them about the GT/CS. I ordered mine on July 19th, should be here in a month from today.

Black 2007 Mustang GT/CS Coupe...pics to come
-Parchment/Black Leather
-Comfort Group Package
-GT Appearance Package

Anyone know some good mods that are strickly bolt on(no cutting, drilling,welding)? I wanna be able to change this car back to stock if I have to.
Old 8/11/06, 02:44 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Chilliwack 42
I'm a newbie, just wanted to thank everyone for posting information on here. I was very close to buying a GT until I saw all the posts on here for the California Special. My dealer didn't even know what I was talking about when I asked them about the GT/CS. I ordered mine on July 19th, should be here in a month from today.

-Parchment/Black Leather
-Comfort Group Package
-GT Appearance Package

Anyone know some good mods that are strickly bolt on(no cutting, drilling,welding)? I wanna be able to change this car back to stock if I have to.
That's great, now the wait... Sounds like there will a number of GT/CS in the Lower Mainland and Southern Interior of BC soon. Should have a meet somewhere later on.
Old 8/11/06, 03:41 PM
Bullitt Member

HAHA come out to the wack, Mission Raceway is nearby, we can see who the better driver is How long was the wait for you?
Old 8/11/06, 03:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
times two on that first post!!! Only I didn't buy a new GT yet Tons of great info here.
Old 8/11/06, 11:02 PM
GT Member

HAHA come out to the wack, Mission Raceway is nearby, we can see who the better driver is How long was the wait for you?
About 3 days actually - I had another car on order, a Vista Blue GT Vert but it was not progressing rapidly at all; ordered on June 21 and as of Aug 5 still had no set build date, so looked like it was 6 to 8 weeks yet to go. We have 2 Ford dealers here, and happened to stop in at the other dealers (not the one I ordered from) and they had just got a '07 GT/CS Vert in Black w black/dove leather. Car was not sold, so I had a deposit on it within the hour on last Tues and picked it up this afternoon. Just lucky.

It's a 5 speed, with GT Appearance, IUP, Active anti-theft, front side airbags, heated seats, and, of course, all the Calif Special stuff.

I'm thrilled with it and can't stop going out to the garage for another look.

Old 8/12/06, 07:19 AM
Cobra Member

-Parchment/Black Leather
-Comfort Group Package
-GT Appearance Package

Chill - congrats on your new stang and do you have any pics of the black with the parchament interior? I'm ready to order mine - but haven't seen that interior yet......
Old 8/12/06, 07:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by HOTLAP
Chill - congrats on your new stang and do you have any pics of the black with the parchament interior? I'm ready to order mine - but haven't seen that interior yet......
Have you checked other threads on this site?
Old 8/12/06, 07:33 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
Have you checked other threads on this site?
awake....glad you're "Awake"....yes I have been through other posts on this site - but haven't really seen a good pic of black vert with the parchament interior combo.....it's not the same seeing the parchament interior on a different color vehicle as I want to see what MY planned purchase is going to be EXACTLY.....for that matter I'm really going to need to see it in person. I went and checked out the black/dove combo yesterday - but have yet to find a dealer with the black/parchament combo....
Old 8/12/06, 03:17 PM
Bullitt Member

I'll have some pics as soon as I can. I'm still playing the waiting game. Should have the car in 4-6 weeks. I found the below pic on one of the other threads. The black looks kinda grey though from the sun.
Attached Thumbnails Thanks for the posts, helped me decide to buy-02594724b.jpg  
Old 8/12/06, 09:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by HOTLAP
awake....glad you're "Awake"....yes I have been through other posts on this site - but haven't really seen a good pic of black vert with the parchament interior combo.....it's not the same seeing the parchament interior on a different color vehicle as I want to see what MY planned purchase is going to be EXACTLY.....for that matter I'm really going to need to see it in person. I went and checked out the black/dove combo yesterday - but have yet to find a dealer with the black/parchament combo....
Well, here is the thread that Tres spent a lot of time describing the different interrior options. I don't think any of them are black verts but it's great information.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=51347

You could also look at EBAY for Mustang GT and get an idea what a black vert and Parch interrior might look like. Since this model is just coming out and not many boards members have picked theirs up it may be diffiicult to find your exact model and options with pics.
Old 8/13/06, 10:34 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
Well, here is the thread that Tres spent a lot of time describing the different interrior options. I don't think any of them are black verts but it's great information.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=51347

You could also look at EBAY for Mustang GT and get an idea what a black vert and Parch interrior might look like. Since this model is just coming out and not many boards members have picked theirs up it may be diffiicult to find your exact model and options with pics.
Awake - thanks....you know the more I see your avatar - the more the white is growing on me...I like the black - but would like to be able to see the stripe better. How glossy is your white - when you wash/wax does it project a shine pretty well? I did get to see the new Mustang cloth top this weekend and it's pretty sharp - really adds class to the vert.
Old 8/13/06, 05:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Has anyone used the WMS High Velocity Cold Air Intake before? http://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/05hvi.htm I was thinking about using it when I get my 07 GT/CS. I like the ram air box option. I would like to get one with a bigger MAF sensor, but I think 95mm might be a bit too much for what I want. Unless I could swap in a 90mm MAF sensor. Anyone know if that'll even make much of a difference?

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Attached Images