Search this Thread

Old 1/12/13, 09:52 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some questions about an '07 Vista Blue CS I am trying to buy

[IMG]https://themustangsource.com/Name:  y3DS2.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  584.4 KB[/IMG]Hi folks,

I am still shopping for my mustang, but I had a huge surprise today. I was driving to look at and drive a regular GT convertible and I passed a lot that had a Vista Blue one that caught my eye.

I pulled in and imagine my surprise to see the GT-CS stripe on the side of the most beautiful Mustang I have ever seen! Like I said, Vista Blue and the two-tone leather interior. But with a huge difference. The interior is black and BLUE, not dove or parchment.

Now, I have been looking at pictures and specs all over and and see no mention of a Black/Blue combo. Only a Roush model mentioned that combo. Are these replacement seats maybe? If they are, they redid the door panels to match and it looks spectacular. It also has what looks to be some kind of aftermarket billet inserts in the front areas and already had a CAI installed.

Needless to say, I am moving heaven and earth to buy this car regardless of its provenance since it is just pure sex to the eyes.

The other questions are:
Was this model supposed to have a hood scoop too?
And is that the aux in for the Shaker 500 stereo inside the center console?

I would show pictures if the dang "Insert Image" thing worked here.

Last edited by Nunja Business; 1/12/13 at 10:38 PM.
Old 1/12/13, 10:02 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Yeah, that's not an original interior color. It should have been charcoal and dove or parchment. I can't remember right off hand if dove or parchment was specific to certain exterior colors or if either was available on any color.

And no, it didn't necessarily have a hood scoop. That was an option called the GT appearance package which included the hood scoop, the intake cover with the pony emblem on it, and the chrome rolled exhaust tips. I'd have to get my window sticker out, but I think that option was $595. Although, I don't recall seeing a GT/CS without it.

BTW, just noticed your location. Glad I'm not the only one that knows that LA doesn't always mean Los Angeles or Louisiana.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 1/12/13 at 10:11 PM.
Old 1/12/13, 10:07 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Yeah thankfully they didn't all come with the hood scoop/engine cover package.

I'd be curious about the CAI. Some require a tune. It's worth checking out if you are buying the car. You can always get a tuner but I think the cars can run lean with a CAI that requires a time when the car doesn't have one.
Old 1/12/13, 10:10 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
As far as the auxiliary in for the Shaker yes it is inside the console. It's just a little headphone type jack. And there's also a power port in there next to it.
Old 1/12/13, 10:54 PM
GT Member

Thanks everyone. I need to hook up my phone dock to the aux-in and a power port so it is convenient that they are together there, but I don't really want to run wires that far. I have an OBDII Bluetooth gadget that sends to my phone or tablet and I get real-time readings - plus I carry my music on my phone and just play it through the stereo. So I may just have to replace that Shaker thing with a modern head unit.

I am guessing the previous owner had the interior done to his tastes (which just happen to match mine!) You guys would love the look I think, but I cannot seem to insert images in my posts.
Have pix on Imgur but this thing won't insert them! I am going to just post links I guess.

http://imgur.com/y3DS2
http://imgur.com/6OMKE
http://imgur.com/vLlry
http://imgur.com/w9m36

So, what's the verdict? Does it look as good as "I" think it looks?
The weird thing is, that is the same leather color scheme as my 10th Anniversary Miata that I aim to replace.

I honestly believe I was meant to be driving this car.
Probably could stand some stripes.

Last edited by Nunja Business; 1/12/13 at 10:56 PM.
Old 1/13/13, 06:37 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 949 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by Nunja Business

I am guessing the previous owner had the interior done to his tastes (which just happen to match mine!) You guys would love the look I think, but I cannot seem to insert images in my posts.
Have pix on Imgur but this thing won't insert them! I am going to just post links I guess.

http://imgur.com/y3DS2
http://imgur.com/6OMKE
http://imgur.com/vLlry
http://imgur.com/w9m36

So, what's the verdict? Does it look as good as "I" think it looks?
The weird thing is, that is the same leather color scheme as my 10th Anniversary Miata that I aim to replace.

I honestly believe I was meant to be driving this car.
Probably could stand some stripes.
I think the interior looks quite nice. The front end is what looks really different. Look at my '07 GT/CS front end which is stock (except for the shaker hood) in comparison. The flat hood on yours is just lacking the GT appearance package as someone posted earlier. I have seen a few but not many.
Name:  2007%20Mustang%20GTCS%20006.JPG
Views: 1319
Size:  116.3 KB

Last edited by NC14GT; 1/13/13 at 06:40 AM.
Old 1/13/13, 08:27 AM
Bullitt Member

One other thing to look at is in the back the round insignia should say California Special on the outter edge & GT in the center
Attached Thumbnails Some questions about an '07 Vista Blue CS I am trying to buy-new-scoops-004.jpg  

Last edited by pilatti1; 1/13/13 at 08:29 AM.
Old 1/13/13, 10:13 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by pilatti1
One other thing to look at is in the back the round insignia should say California Special on the outter edge & GT in the center
Yeah, it is definitely a CS. Wheels, side stripe and rear badge are right.
My only puzzler was the interior color.
I don't think I want the hood scoop, but I definitely want the cover for the engine area.

I think the whole thing is just downright gorgeous and I am doing everything I can to get it now.

Last edited by Nunja Business; 1/13/13 at 10:15 AM.
Old 1/13/13, 10:23 AM
GT Member

I also have a personalized plate I have been rocking on the Miata for 9 years that will be transferred.
Old 1/15/13, 10:35 PM
Bullitt Member

I really like the interior, the car looks really good, just not feeling the silver grill maybe paint it black and it would look totally different. I really dig the license plate, good luck keep us posted
Old 2/1/13, 06:09 PM
GT Member

In case anyone subscribed to this, I did get the car and it is everything I wanted and then some. I have pix in my gallery/garage.
Old 2/10/13, 01:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nunja Business
In case anyone subscribed to this, I did get the car and it is everything I wanted and then some. I have pix in my gallery/garage.
Great news, enjoy the car. They did a good job with the interior. I think it was $1,895 for the CS option. Mine does not have the GT appearance package hood scoop and engine cover but all GT/CS came with bright rolled exhaust tips.

Last edited by 2005GTDELUXE; 2/10/13 at 01:37 PM.