Old 11/2/07, 10:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yikes!
Old 11/2/07, 09:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CarRamRod
I'll try to get some more shots but its the GT front end as well. I'm not even sure its a Gt. It has fabric interior and he has the V6 trunk although that might be because he wanted a different rear spoiler. I am still looking for who owns it.
More than likely it's a Deluxe GT (which has cloth seats) and he added the hood scoop, stripes and had the dealer swap the whole decklid with a V6.

I do think the wheels are ugly however.

Originally Posted by 07 GT/CS
Hmm, kind of like putting a Shelby badge on a non-Shelby? Couldn't agree more. But hey, fake Rolex's, Coach purses, and other popular bogus items fly off the flea market shelves. I was watching TV the other day and some talking head was interviewing an actor named John O'Hurley who wrote a book called "Before Your Dog Can Eat Your Homework, First You Have to Do It". His main complaint is that we have become a society more focused on appearances, rather than actual performance. If you appear successful, then that is more important than actual success. if you appear smart, that is more important than actually being smart. And, his biggest complaint is that society has overemphasized trying over succeeding. It has become acceptable to simply make the effort, even if you fail. If you are trying, then that is enough.

This is reflected in young sports teams not keeping score, schools, not giving out actual grades, and crooks walking after committing crimes blaming a poor upbringing or some perceived oppression. I see this same attitude in modding cars. Ok, seems like a quantum leap, but look at all the cars with Shelby emblems that aren't Shelby. Now, some owners actually put the same engine, or a similarly performing engine in, make suspension mods, and essentially duplicate a Shelby at great expense. A case could be made that the car is practically a Shelby. However, look at how many simply slap a Shelby emblem on the car, change the mufflers, and drive around foolling the uninitiated into thinking they have a Shelby. All condoned under the same excuse that society has bred with the "well, they tried and that is good enough" mindset. I paid the extra to drive a GT/CS, it offends me that some mope would slap a GT/CS sticker on a GT and pass it off as a GT/CS, but hey, he's trying right?
Dude you need to put this in perspective. It's just plastic and stickers and you only paid $1800.00 extra for it.

To me our cars are all about making it your own, do what you like. This guy probably couldn't afford a Premium GT/CS so he bought a Deluxe GT and spent a few hundred putting on some styling cues that he likes.

I am content knowing that I will probably never be able to afford a real Shelby 427 Cobra and if I could I'd be too afraid to drive it. I have no problem buying a good replica though. As long as the person does not try to sell the car as something other than it is, who cares?
Old 11/2/07, 11:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
Dude you need to put this in perspective. It's just plastic and stickers and you only paid $1800.00 extra for it.
The sticker says GT/CS, and it isn't, I think my perspective as an actual GT/CS owner is spot on. It doesn't matter how much more, or less, I paid, I bought a GT/CS, he didn't. As for the Shelby name, a GT500 owner pays a serious premium to drive an actual GT500. If I had actually spent that amount of cash, and I can afford to if I choose to, I'd be more than peeved at seeing some V6 modded out to look just like my real Shelby.

Originally Posted by Fords4Ever
To me our cars are all about making it your own, do what you like. This guy probably couldn't afford a Premium GT/CS so he bought a Deluxe GT and spent a few hundred putting on some styling cues that he likes.
You make my point exactly. It isn't about what is truthful, or what is accurate, it is all about what you like. And if it means copying something else, or representing your car as something it is not, well, as long as the owner likes it, then it is ok. Pathetic in my view. How far do you take that concept? It's a form of lying as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11/3/07, 12:19 AM

This reminds me of when I used to restore classic Mustangs. Everyone was a clone I looked at. Its a shame imo. I understand not everyone can afford a gt500 or whatever but the clones were killing the market flooding them with wannabe special cars. Thats one of the reasons I got out of the restoration biz. It got so bad you could buy vins and plates from Ebay I couldnt get the Shelby so I got the GT/CS and drive it proudly. Glad I did btw as you see Shelby's everywhere and no GT/CS. Ford kinda blew it with the super high production numbers of what was once a prestegious car or cars. Now we have folks cloneing these even. Major bummer. Oh well save your sticker for resale as the vins dont show show the special package that makes the CS a semi rare and unique car.
Old 11/3/07, 07:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'd be more than peeved at seeing some V6 modded out to look just like my real Shelby.
There are plenty of those out there but IMO they are easily embarrased because they cannot backup the performance, but again if they really like the look I say it's OK as long as they don't try to sell it as a GT500.

You make my point exactly. It isn't about what is truthful, or what is accurate, it is all about what you like. And if it means copying something else, or representing your car as something it is not, well, as long as the owner likes it, then it is ok. Pathetic in my view. How far do you take that concept? It's a form of lying as far as I'm concerned.
So is the entire Shelby Cobra replica industry pathetic? They only made 356 of those so 99.9999% of the planet can't get one.

Originally Posted by ocean1
Now we have folks cloneing these even. Major bummer. Oh well save your sticker for resale as the vins dont show show the special package that makes the CS a semi rare and unique car.
Obviously you GT/CS guys are a sensitive bunch. It's an APPEARANCE PACKAGE, get some perspective. The GT/CS is not rare or any more unique that a V6 sport pkg.

They probably sold less Legend Lime GT's than GT/CS's but if someone wants to paint their '07 Lime I won't be "offended"
Old 11/3/07, 10:21 PM
Bullitt Member

As I wrote in another thread, yes I disagree with putting anything that says "Shelby" on a car that is not a Shelby. And, there is a difference between painting a car and putting an emblem or sticker on that car that identifies it as something it is not. I also did not buy the CS because I thought it was going to appreciate in value, or be a collector. I bought it because I am a California native, I liked the look, and for a few dollars more, I get something that is less common than a standard GT. To me there is just something wrong with other people who, rather than do some homework, or pony up a few more bucks, for a specific car, go out and copy the original but in a cheaper way. It's like paying for box seats at the game, and then having some mope come down and sit in the box next to yours for the nosebleed section price he paid. It just rubs people who shell out the extra coin the wrong way...
Old 11/3/07, 10:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

...but his spoiler is nicer.

I love the GT/CS Convertibles and almost traded up both my GTs to get one with all the stuff I wanted from the factory. So I agree you have one nice car, but hell, the guy isn't driving a Civic! Cut him some slack!
Old 11/3/07, 10:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CarRamRod
I'll try to get some more shots but its the GT front end as well. I'm not even sure its a Gt. It has fabric interior and he has the V6 trunk although that might be because he wanted a different rear spoiler.
If the cloth seats have "MUSTANG" written all over them, it's a V6. It they have the ponies, it's a V8.

Of course, those seats could have been switched but that seems like a lot of work.
Old 11/4/07, 09:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

I also did not buy the CS because I thought it was going to appreciate in value, or be a collector. I bought it because I am a California native, I liked the look, and for a few dollars more, I get something that is less common than a standard GT.
That's exactly what he did, he just paid less.

To me there is just something wrong with other people who, rather than do some homework, or pony up a few more bucks
It looks like he did do his homework, he had to buy the stripe seperately. He actually worked harder to make that car the way it is.

Clearly this is a Deluxe white GT with the appearance package (hood scoop, rolled tip exhaust) and he swapped out the V6 sport spoiler which looks better IMO.

The only thing this guy did was buy a stripe, you are clearly blowing this out of proportion.

I'm out.
Old 11/4/07, 09:56 AM

Really, Who cares? Both cars are S197's and look nice. Leave it at that and leave your bruised ego out of this.

I'm getting a GT/CS rear bumper for my car and a GT-500 rear spoiler. Does that mean I'm pathetic on two counts? ROFL
Old 11/4/07, 10:35 AM

I agree with fords4ever, vapor and the others, if I want to make some changes with my gt/cs I'm not checking to see if I'm copying some other model. I just put on the mods I like. If I want a ducktail spoiler, am I creating a poor mans shelby? Of course not. We just want to make our ride special to us.

But, don't cross the line and try to pass off as another. That's just wrong.
My opinion only matters to me.
Old 11/4/07, 01:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Right on

Originally Posted by mid life mustang
I agree with fords4ever, vapor and the others, if I want to make some changes with my gt/cs I'm not checking to see if I'm copying some other model. I just put on the mods I like. If I want a ducktail spoiler, am I creating a poor mans shelby? Of course not. We just want to make our ride special to us.

But, don't cross the line and try to pass off as another. That's just wrong.
My opinion only matters to me.
You got it, make it your way.
Old 11/4/07, 01:34 PM

I forgot! I want the GT-500 rear faux gas cap! I like the dull finish. Don't worry though, I'll be switching the emblem to my "GT"
Old 11/4/07, 01:36 PM
Bullitt Member

The Opposite Problem!

I have the opposite issue at my office. One of my co-workers saw a GT/CS at the dealer and liked the interior. He ordered a convertible with the GT/CS package and asked for the stripes to be REMOVED! He has no idea what the GT/CS is, the history behind it, or what exactly is in the GT/CS package. He just liked the seats!! The worst part is he doesn't take very good care of his cars, so his GT/CS will be beatup in no time.
Old 11/4/07, 03:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vapor
Really, Who cares? Both cars are S197's and look nice. Leave it at that and leave your bruised ego out of this.

I'm getting a GT/CS rear bumper for my car and a GT-500 rear spoiler. Does that mean I'm pathetic on two counts? ROFL
Hey

I also like the two tone seats in the GTCS........I really wanted them, but happy the way my GT came out1
Old 11/4/07, 06:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, to continue to beat the dead horse, there is a difference between swapping in a spoiler, which I did on my GT/CS, or changing paint, or swapping in a bumper. Those items don't explicitly lay claim to the car being a Shelby or a CS. Modding a car has been a long tradition. Making those mods simply makes the car look better for the owner, if that is what they want. Putting a sticker or emblem on it that identifies it as a Shelby or a CS, when it is not, is different. Clearly somebody doesn't get that here. I actually also took off the GT/CS stripe on my car because I don't like stripes or stickers of any kind on my car. But, I do like all the other custom touches, and the VIN, that identifies it as a CS. It's kind of funny that those who believe it is OK to lie about the identify of their cars aren't generally the ones who shelled out extra bucks to have that exclusivity to begin with. Mid life Mustang said it best. Putting a Shelby spoiler on your car is OK, passing it off as a Shelby, which would entail putting on a Shelby emblem, is wrong. Ergo, putting on a CS stripe on a non-CS car is also wrong. Obviously though we will have to agree to disagree.
Old 11/4/07, 08:25 PM

Well, to continue to beat the dead horse, there is a difference between swapping in a spoiler, which I did on my GT/CS, or changing paint, or swapping in a bumper. Those items don't explicitly lay claim to the car being a Shelby or a CS. Modding a car has been a long tradition. Making those mods simply makes the car look better for the owner, if that is what they want. Putting a sticker or emblem on it that identifies it as a Shelby or a CS, when it is not, is different. Clearly somebody doesn't get that here. I actually also took off the GT/CS stripe on my car because I don't like stripes or stickers of any kind on my car. But, I do like all the other custom touches, and the VIN, that identifies it as a CS. It's kind of funny that those who believe it is ok to lie about the identify of their cars aren't generally the ones who shelled out extra bucks to have that exclusivity to begin with. Mid life Mustang said it best. Putting a Shelby spoiler on your car is ok, passing it off as a Shelby, which would entail putting on a Shelby emblem, is wrong. Ergo, putting on a CS stripe on a non-CS car is also wrong. Obivously though we will have to agree to disagree.
Well said, I think that was the point of the post. It looks like it offended some. To mod your CS, Shelby or whatever, good for you. To try to pass your V6 or stantard GT for a special production car and sell it as such is a bit of a bummer. A GT mustang or a pony is a sweet ride by itself. So many awesome mods you can do. You know how many would love to have your ride!!
Old 11/5/07, 09:12 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ok I have to pipe in now, my goodness, its his car maybe he like the stripe and if Ford did not want to let non-CS owners copy, imitate or whatever you guys think then they would not let them buy the parts. The only problem I would ever have with someone is if they were trying to sell it as something its not. Mustangs were mabe to be whatever the owner wants it to be and I wanted a Legend Lime GT/CS, so I did it myself, only its alot faster than the factory one!!!

It's funny that most non Mustang People don't know what GT/CS stands for so I tell them.. "Continued Stimulation"

People ask me, Did Ford make a Green CS? and I say no they did not, but I did and they should have!
Attached Thumbnails Some guy copied my car with a GT lol-p1010745.jpg  
Old 11/5/07, 02:58 PM
Bullitt Member

I like it

Originally Posted by jacostang
Ok I have to pipe in now, my goodness, its his car maybe he like the stripe and if Ford did not want to let non-CS owners copy, imitate or whatever you guys think then they would not let them buy the parts. The only problem I would ever have with someone is if they were trying to sell it as something its not. Mustangs were mabe to be whatever the owner wants it to be and I wanted a Legend Lime GT/CS, so I did it myself, only its alot faster than the factory one!!!

It's funny that most non Mustang People don't know what GT/CS stands for so I tell them.. "Continued Stimulation"

People ask me, Did Ford make a Green CS? and I say no they did not, but I did and they should have!
Looking good in green.
Old 11/5/07, 06:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Vapor

I have GT500 rear spoiler and GT/CS rear bumper too :-)

Quick Reply: Some guy copied my car with a GT lol