2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Some guy copied my car with a GT lol

Search this Thread

Old 10/30/07, 09:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some guy copied my car with a GT lol

This guy who parks in the same lot as me here at my office bought a white GT and copied mine by getting rid of the GT symbols on the sides and adding the GT/CS stripes on the sides of his GT. He has fabric interior and the GT front and rear end so its really obvious to me that its a different car. I am going to see about parking next to him this week so I can take pictures lol.
Old 10/30/07, 10:08 AM
Cobra Member

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Enjoy it!
Old 10/30/07, 10:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Can't beat the real thing , and don't leave it there white paint may not show up lol meet the person find out what they are sbout before being too hastey, but it maybe that yours id the Bomb and that person likes it a lot ! now you will be stocked.
Old 10/30/07, 10:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Thats a good point I'm going to just see if I can snap a picture of his car tomorrow and maybe avoid the parking next to him deal. I'll see if I can find out who the owner is. Not a huge office but we have 3 floors and there are people I don't really know. His GT is white with a hood scoop/fabric interior/ v6 trunk with different spoiler and gt front end with the GT/CS stripes and Foose rims. It looks nice but I don't think it comes close to my Mustang.
As a reference here is my car:
Old 10/30/07, 10:41 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by Louie
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Enjoy it!
+1.......I would take it as a compliment!
Old 10/30/07, 11:19 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have 3 V6 models who come to my car wash and all 3 have Shelby badging on them, so take as a comment. I have never said anything and won't since they spend some good change cleaning their rides twice a week at the wash.
Old 10/31/07, 08:22 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
all i can say is pozr!!!
Old 10/31/07, 01:57 PM
V6 Member

The dealer that I bought my CS from, (Downtown Ford - Sacramento) liked what I did to my car and the way it looked so much that he's done 3 GT's that way since then! (FR500 handling package, short throw shifter) He says that once he does the mods to 'em, people want to buy 'em! So I told him that I wanted a commission check!
Old 10/31/07, 02:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Do what I do, make a contract, do the installs, and let them cut me/you a check when the car sells. I do this locally and it is good money, you do have to put out of pocket but you get it back and the dealer get a simple % of the final sales as a salesman and you as the supporting vendor.
Old 11/1/07, 11:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Here is that other guys car I mentioned.
Old 11/1/07, 11:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Looks pretty bad with those rims and a regular GT rear. I wonder how much he paid for the GT CS Decal...can't be cheap.
Old 11/1/07, 11:50 AM
Bullitt Member

I'll try to get some more shots but its the GT front end as well. I'm not even sure its a Gt. It has fabric interior and he has the V6 trunk although that might be because he wanted a different rear spoiler. I am still looking for who owns it.
Old 11/1/07, 02:36 PM
Bullitt Member

LOL those rims are horrible!!!! Hey one day after work, right about the time he gets off work too, you should be at his car pretending to have trouble unlocking the door, then when he sees you, apologize for confusing his car for yours.
Old 11/1/07, 02:42 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

You know, it looks horrible without being lower in the front. Those wheels...yikes!
Old 11/1/07, 02:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Antigini-GT/CS
You know, it looks horrible without being lower in the front. Those wheels...yikes!
I think it's actually NOT lowered in the front. The springs are the same as the regular GTs. The front fascia is 1.5 inches lower than the standards, thus giving it the lowered appearance.
Old 11/1/07, 03:58 PM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Originally Posted by BLCKNED
I think it's actually NOT lowered in the front. The springs are the same as the regular GTs. The front fascia is 1.5 inches lower than the standards, thus giving it the lowered appearance.

I meant the chin lip, not an actual lowering of the vehicle. My mistake for not making it so clear.
Old 11/1/07, 06:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Antigini-GT/CS
I meant the chin lip, not an actual lowering of the vehicle. My mistake for not making it so clear.

Ahh yeah...and we still agree that those rims are :gay:
so here's to you.
Old 11/1/07, 07:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by CarRamRod
I'll try to get some more shots but its the GT front end as well. I'm not even sure its a Gt. It has fabric interior and he has the V6 trunk although that might be because he wanted a different rear spoiler. I am still looking for who owns it.
It's probably a V6 with GT take-off bumpers and rockers, with GT/CS stripe. Looks good. You should be flattered.

I own a black 05 GT and also a TR 06 V6 (the wife's). I added GT take-offs, including dual exhaust. I replaced the gold pearl colored Pony Pkg side stripes with fading black ones to make it more unique. I left the Pony Pkg running pony fender emblems and rear badging intact (no GT emblems). Still everyone thinks it's a GT. It almost sounds like one with the MAC Pro Chamber I used to replace the y-pipe.
Attached Thumbnails Some guy copied my car with a GT lol-dsc04255.jpg  
Old 11/2/07, 12:38 AM
Cobra Member

I gotta agree, those wheels are nappy. I dont get why people put stickers or decals, etc on cars when they really arent what they say. Its like my GT/CS having a saleen sticker on the window..=lame
Old 11/2/07, 10:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by colbymh
I gotta agree, those wheels are nappy. I dont get why people put stickers or decals, etc on cars when they really arent what they say. Its like my GT/CS having a saleen sticker on the window..=lame
Hmm, kind of like putting a Shelby badge on a non-Shelby? Couldn't agree more. But hey, fake Rolex's, Coach purses, and other popular bogus items fly off the flea market shelves. I was watching TV the other day and some talking head was interviewing an actor named John O'Hurley who wrote a book called "Before Your Dog Can Eat Your Homework, First You Have to Do It". His main complaint is that we have become a society more focused on appearances, rather than actual performance. If you appear successful, then that is more important than actual success. if you appear smart, that is more important than actually being smart. And, his biggest complaint is that society has overemphasized trying over succeeding. It has become acceptable to simply make the effort, even if you fail. If you are trying, then that is enough.

This is reflected in young sports teams not keeping score, schools, not giving out actual grades, and crooks walking after committing crimes blaming a poor upbringing or some perceived oppression. I see this same attitude in modding cars. Ok, seems like a quantum leap, but look at all the cars with Shelby emblems that aren't Shelby. Now, some owners actually put the same engine, or a similarly performing engine in, make suspension mods, and essentially duplicate a Shelby at great expense. A case could be made that the car is practically a Shelby. However, look at how many simply slap a Shelby emblem on the car, change the mufflers, and drive around foolling the uninitiated into thinking they have a Shelby. All condoned under the same excuse that society has bred with the "well, they tried and that is good enough" mindset. I paid the extra to drive a GT/CS, it offends me that some mope would slap a GT/CS sticker on a GT and pass it off as a GT/CS, but hey, he's trying right?

Quick Reply: Some guy copied my car with a GT lol