2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

A small request

Search this Thread

Old 7/1/07, 06:21 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A small request

Could one of you CS owners out there take a pic of your car with the following stipulations.

1.Direct level side shot(side stripe is the center focal point)
2.get as close to the stripe as you can with out cutting off any of the side of the car (up to the edge of the door that is)
3. if your car is black or vista try and get it so the stripe is as visible as possible.

I need this shot for balancing/alignment to make sure the ones I put on can be leveled properly.

Thanks in advance for helping me out here.
Old 7/2/07, 02:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
SOrry I only have a shade of White so maybe reference will help ?
I am willing to get the camera and take what ever you'd need these I had stored.
Attached Thumbnails A small request-clean-car-again-004.jpg   A small request-clean-car-again-002.jpg   A small request-power-ball.2-002.jpe   A small request-power-ball.2-006.jpe   A small request-clover-point-007.jpg  

Old 7/2/07, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry this is not exactly what your requesting but it is all I have on this computer. Hope it helps.
Attached Thumbnails A small request-my-mustang-gt-cs2.jpg  
Old 7/5/07, 12:17 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks to both of you. Ed if you don't mind could you take a shot of the side of the car getting as close as you can while showing the entire stripe. I need mine to be level like on the CS and some pics would help. Again thanks!
Old 7/5/07, 09:20 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
Could one of you CS owners out there take a pic of your car with the following stipulations.

1.Direct level side shot(side stripe is the center focal point)
2.get as close to the stripe as you can with out cutting off any of the side of the car (up to the edge of the door that is)
3. if your car is black or vista try and get it so the stripe is as visible as possible.

I need this shot for balancing/alignment to make sure the ones I put on can be leveled properly.

Thanks in advance for helping me out here.

Are you adding Gt/CS stripes to a GT to make a clone? Or have you had to replace the stripes on a GT/CS?

Curious since the factory stripe kit has alignment marks on the decal backing sheet.

TDS
Old 7/6/07, 09:36 AM
Cobra Member

No not doing a clone. Just really like fading side stripes and I already have a design, I just need them to be aligned properly and since my stipes came from a shop I don't have the luxury of said backing sheet, thanks for the info though. Currently the stripes on mine slope down and I never noticed until I compared it to a CS so I just need some direct side shots so I can see which body line they use to make them straight.
Old 7/7/07, 08:12 AM

Tom,
The stripe is 5 3/8 '' below the door body line which is directly under the outsdie mirror,
hope these pics help, provided I can get them loaded.
The EDGE ( clear part ) of the stripe is 5 3/8 on the passenger side and 5 1/2 on drivers side.
Ron
Attached Thumbnails A small request-mvc-001s.jpg   A small request-mvc-002s.jpg  
Old 7/9/07, 12:27 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks Ron! this will really help me out. I sent you a PM also.