2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Second GT/CS Road Trip (cold) Report:

Search this Thread

Old 11/15/07, 07:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Second GT/CS Road Trip (cold) Report:

Okay my fellow GT/CS StangNuts: We just returned from a 650 mile road trip, through Cental and Northern Iowa and then back again. Trip was to attend Iowa high school state football payoffs in the Iowa Dome at UNI and to see family in my home town. This trip was completely different that the first report! Weather channel had promised some good travelling days. So we tossed the dice and then cruised the CalStang. First. Ride quality is now very good, since we've just had the front upper mounts replaced with TSB 07-18-2. But the 18" BFG's roll like big solid black rocks, when it gets below around 45 degrees. The Cal just loves the highway in this cool weather! Can feel more torque when passing etc. And still getting a very solid 25 MPG at 70-75 MPH. Which was great with $3.00 gas everywhere. November can be a very cold place in the Northern Iowa area! With CalStang parked out in the lakeside motel lot all night, he was covered with a pretty thick layer of frost at 6:00 AM. Cal started right up and I then set the heat controls up to high during his warmup. This all, as I was shooting pixs of a big morning flight of Canadians flying about five feet above the calm lake waters, past our motel area! The First Lady came out with her first cup of joe and was wanting to get out to some hot breakfast! We jumped in to Cal. I hit the wiper blades and instant clearing! And the back glass now had big melt lines to see through! She pressed her dash bun warmer button and we headed into town for a bite. We had gone just about a mile when she looked over with a big girley smile and said " Nice heated seats, huh Babe?" I responded with "AH YA" as I then pressed the warmer button on my side of the dash! By the time we arrived in Clear Lake (my home town) at the local Mom and Pop breakfast, Cal was so nice and toasty inside. Good stuff!! Thanks again FoMoCo!!! The Mrs. gives a big thumbs up and double A plus for the heater systems etc. Gal Stuff. Huh Men! If it runs hard, then I'm good!! Lastly. When we finally got back home and were pulling up into the driveway there in the dark. I was just a bit saddened. As we just had ourselfs another nice, long blast of a road trip and had listened to the great Sirius music selections the whole way! Loved it! And we knew all to well, that ol' man winter was just lurking down the way somewhere out there. So this weekend I will finally give in and begin the prepping of the CalStang for his long winter's sleepy-time ahead. Bummer! Out.......
Old 11/15/07, 07:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Good story, so you are storing your car for the winter. Unfortunately I can't do that anymore but am ending up using her daily.
Old 11/15/07, 08:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good write up.
Old 11/19/07, 07:11 AM
2&2
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So your Stang is a he? All mine are female.
Old 11/19/07, 02:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Ve are Goin to Pump-U-Up

2&2: Ah Yah! It's Mr."CalStang", as in, like The Gov-enator! Muscle with all of Da Power!! And by the way. My own First Lady really loves it. Both the GT/CS and his Name, Mr. "CalStang"! Girls names? Huh? Just kidding! Just order yours (Vista Blue Vert) today already!! "RC"
Old 11/19/07, 02:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Nice story! Ahhhh, the memories!

I'm glad that I don't have put mine away for the winter!
Old 11/19/07, 05:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Got To Agree!

RM: Got To agree! That you kats and Kits out in Cal and the South have a much better deal there. Getting to drive'm all year long and all!! But for us back here in the Midwest and the rest of the Great white North. If you store your Mustang during the cold blowing white stuff. It's just like getting a brand new Stang each and every spring! Plus another upside is, they stay newer longer. And the best one of all, is one third less auto insurance bill to pay to the sink hole each year!! Thats a "Biggy". It's all a trade off in life. And you've got it pegged in the fast lane!! U-Lucky Dogs!! "RC"
Old 11/22/07, 12:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I only drive mine on the weekends anyway. It's like a new car to me all the time . LOL!

I've only got 2600 miles on her and she's a year old now.
Old 11/22/07, 01:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Weekends

Yah! Agree about the weekends. But this year, the First Lady and I both took some very early retirements from the working world grind!! We have cashed out all our life chips, from the big business world table. And we play, each and every everyday. So. With everyday now being a Saturday for us. I guess you could kind of say that we too, now only drive the Stang on weekends! LOL!! Plus during winter, we plan to be gone, out travelling, while ol' Cal does his sleepy-time thing under the cover at home. Happy "TD"
Old 11/22/07, 01:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
Yah! Agree about the weekends. But this year, the First Lady and I both took some very early retirements from the working world grind!! We have cashed out all our life chips, from the big business world table. And we play, each and every everyday. So. With everyday now being a Saturday for us. I guess you could kind of say that we too, now only drive the Stang on weekends! LOL!! Plus during winter, we plan to be gone, out travelling, while ol' Cal does his sleepy-time thing under the cover at home. Happy "TD"
Wow, I wish I could do that. Congrats! Happy TD to all!
Old 11/22/07, 03:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Thanks/Nice pix

Thanks "RM"! Your day too shall come!! Mustangs Forever!! P.S. Really hot looking Black GT/CS! Nice pixs and mods! "RC" Out!