2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Question about White GT/CS.

Search this Thread

Old 9/10/08, 09:05 PM
J_C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about White GT/CS.

Wassup guys?

I was out shopping for mustangs & I really love the white gt/cs. But the one I saw in person seemed to have a flaw & I wasn't sure if all the white gt/cs's have this flaw.

The paint didn't seem to match on the side scoops & bumpers. The shade seemed a little off. It was only the white one I could notice this on. Are they all like that or was it just this one in particular?

My friends noticed it too & I pointed it out to the dealer but he wasn't sure if all the white ones are like that. I love white on this car but I'd be afraid it would get worse over time.

Thanks
Old 9/10/08, 09:18 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I'll say that I have heard of this before. Especially on the performance white GT/CS. There are several on this forum so I'll let them chime in. I guess it's been about year since I remember someone posting about this same thing.
Old 9/10/08, 09:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

There have been a few statements made about the white color being a little off. Mostly it has been in the area of fiberglass/plastic around the rear fascia. Just this weekend in the light when I looked at mine once the plastic seemed yellow-ish compared to the body color.. Next time I look it's ok. If the side scoop paint is off make sure the car was ordered with the CS package, not a dealer trying to make one from a GT. I'm not sure about the other colors.
Old 9/11/08, 09:31 AM
nm3
Legacy TMS Member

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I can't say mine are absolutely perfect either, but they are not off that much. Not enought to worry about and I'm pretty picky. I think, if you really look for it, that there is some mis-match on any car. The bodies and the fascias are usually painted in different parts of the factory, thus leading to some mismatch.
Old 9/11/08, 10:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
the color is off on the plastic parts my silver 2000 also.
Old 9/11/08, 06:06 PM

On my 08 GT/CS the paint matches perfect.
Old 9/11/08, 06:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool No Biggie Sir

Checking in on this subject: The CalStang only shows a little bit of a difference of white color, when in very low yellow sun light. Such as at sunrise or sunset. And this only shows up on the rear bumper and the side scoop areas. And you have to really stare at it to pick it out! The nose area is dead on! In the full sunlight you don't really notice any difference in any of the white paint at all.

Talked to some other S197 Stangers at the area car shows about this subject too. And everyone there seems to claim a little bit of a variance on their different colors at these low light levels also.

One spirited trip through that Stang's wonderful gears and I promise you my friend, that you shall forget all about those paint color shades!! CalStang
Attached Thumbnails Question about White GT/CS.-gt500pacecar-7.jpg   Question about White GT/CS.-gt104-1024.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 9/11/08, 06:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The problem is that Ford outsources the bumpers and scoops for painting. The cars themselves are painted on the assembly line. The pre-painted parts are then pulled off a shelf and bolted on the freshly painted body. If either paint processes is just the slightest bit off ... they won't match. Some color are going to be more noticeable than others.
Old 9/11/08, 07:40 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Our spoiler of our Candy Apple Red GT/CS is slightly lighter than the trunk and fenders. I just noticed this over the weekend as I was drying it off. I'm not sure what to think of it.
Old 9/12/08, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by J_C
Wassup guys?

I was out shopping for mustangs & I really love the white gt/cs. But the one I saw in person seemed to have a flaw & I wasn't sure if all the white gt/cs's have this flaw.

The paint didn't seem to match on the side scoops & bumpers. The shade seemed a little off. It was only the white one I could notice this on. Are they all like that or was it just this one in particular?

My friends noticed it too & I pointed it out to the dealer but he wasn't sure if all the white ones are like that. I love white on this car but I'd be afraid it would get worse over time.

Thanks
My 2007 White GT/CS hood scoop is a different white shade than the hood. I will have to check out closely on the bumpers.
Old 9/12/08, 09:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
my 08 gt/cs sccop on the drivers side is slightly off. Only when I point it out do very discerning eyes notice.
Old 9/12/08, 02:55 PM
V6 Member

i have the same issue with my 07 white gt/cs I brought it up to the dealers attention and they said nothing could be done, so if you dont look to hard you cant notice, so i live with it
Old 9/12/08, 03:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Mine started out with a huge space between the driver side scoop and the door, when they replaced it, I noticed the color shift
Old 9/12/08, 07:46 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Well I was waxing my black GT/CS today and at dusk the sky was kind of rosey orange and the sun was shining through the window of the garage and sure enough my driver's scoop is a different black than the body. It's greyer and not as deep in color. The aftermarket window scoops, spoiler, and mirrors are a perfect match for the body, but the Ford installed scoops look different. Oh well, just thought I'd let ya'll know it can even happen to black cars too.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 9/13/08 at 12:09 PM.
Old 9/13/08, 12:23 AM
GT Member

since the parts are painted seperately by different people its possible they use a different base coat or primer. i hope mine doesnt have this when i pick it up. :/
Old 9/13/08, 12:25 PM
GT Member

I recently got a pre-painted spolier from Ebay for my windveil blue GT. I noticed that from certain angles the color seems a little different . . . What I realized is that because it is a metallic color with the flake in it, if you are looking at two adjacent panels that are at different angles the color will appear different. So at the area where the ducktail meets the decklid it looks like the spolier is a different color. In reality, it is just reflecting the light differently due to the different angle and the flake in the paint. If you look at two panels at the same angle they are actually exactly the same color.

I wonder if that is part of the issue some people are having?
Old 9/13/08, 02:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I have the same issue with the color being a shade off under certain light conditions.
Old 9/17/08, 08:39 AM
Bullitt Member

I can't say I really see it on mine, my rear bumper was repainted though due to a minor fender bender. Maybe the front bumper but it's ever so slight.
Old 9/17/08, 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Starfire
I can't say I really see it on mine, my rear bumper was repainted though due to a minor fender bender. Maybe the front bumper but it's ever so slight.
Same here -- you can look and see the plastic parts on any color are slightly different from the metal in certain light.