2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Ordering a custom GT/CS, does dealership matter?

Search this Thread

Old 2/6/07, 12:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jamo
Not real hood scoops, like shakers on a Mach. Just fake ones.
Okay guys, per Jamo, every Mustang out there with a fake hood-scoop is a greaser...so, since every GT/CS has fake side scoops my guess is that, per Jamo, it's more grease to the pan. Does that mean that the GT/CS should be GT/GS = Grease Special?
Old 2/6/07, 12:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not real hood scoops, like shakers on a Mach. Just fake ones.
To help me understand the "grease" concept I came up with a formula:
A=Fake
B=Hood Scoop
C=Side Scoop
D=Spoiler
E=Wheel Spinners
Z=Grease

So Jamo, is it safe to say that per your conclusions:
(A=B)(A=C)(A=D)(A=E), and since you say that Hood Scoop is Grease (B=Z), then since (B=A), it is per your conclusion that everything fake (B,C,D,E)=Z
Old 2/6/07, 04:41 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

If you don't get factory navigation, you can get Pioneer AVIC-D2 and add either XM or Sirius, or both, plus back-up camera, and still spend less than factory unit. That's how i did it! Either way, you'll LOVE it!
Attached Thumbnails Ordering a custom GT/CS, does dealership matter?-dsc00411.jpg   Ordering a custom GT/CS, does dealership matter?-dsc00412.jpg   Ordering a custom GT/CS, does dealership matter?-dsc00413.jpg  
Old 2/6/07, 06:12 PM

If I do it that way, can I get the Shaker 1000?
Old 2/7/07, 01:18 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by skyking9
If you don't get factory navigation, you can get Pioneer AVIC-D2 and add either XM or Sirius, or both, plus back-up camera, and still spend less than factory unit. That's how i did it! Either way, you'll LOVE it!

thats pretty nice , i do have sirius but can i still get that , i also thought about installing an alpine dvd player
Old 2/7/07, 05:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by skyking9
Did you have it installed? If so, do you know if they used an adapter between the Pioneer plugs and the Ford plugs? How do you like the navigation? Is it a lot like TomTom with 3d maps and a nice sexy voice telling you where to go?
Old 2/7/07, 10:17 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 07gtcs
To help me understand the "grease" concept I came up with a formula:
A=Fake
B=Hood Scoop
C=Side Scoop
D=Spoiler
E=Wheel Spinners
Z=Grease

So Jamo, is it safe to say that per your conclusions:
(A=B)(A=C)(A=D)(A=E), and since you say that Hood Scoop is Grease (B=Z), then since (B=A), it is per your conclusion that everything fake (B,C,D,E)=Z
I'm not sure why the term I used caused such consternation. It's from back in the '50s and it was pretty much cleansed of any pejorative meaning and brought into the general lexicon by the Broadway play and film of the same name.

I suppose it conjurs up the renaissance revival movement of that period.

But, for the most part, it's true, I don't care for fake hoodscoops, sidescoops, breasts, dormers or facades of most kinds.
Old 2/7/07, 10:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm not sure why the term I used caused such consternation. It's from back in the '50s and it was pretty much cleansed of any pejorative meaning and brought into the general lexicon by the Broadway play and film of the same name.

But, for the most part, it's true, I don't care for fake hoodscoops, sidescoops, breasts, dormers or facades of most kinds.
Okay that's it...everything is fair game, but fake ***** is below the belt ***** are beautiful even if they are fake
Old 2/7/07, 10:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Jamo, BTW don't mind me...I'have had a few long borring weeks and this was something to talk about to kill time...
Old 2/7/07, 01:57 PM
V6 Member

It talks, gives multi-views on nav, does it all including back up cam. I don't think shaker 500 or 1000 matters, because you are changing just the head unit (not positive!) My car came with shaker 500 + Sirius, and I sold both units on eBay with no problems! It was installed by Car Tunes In Largo, FL, and I don't really know how they did it! Done lots of business with them, and their work is excellent!