2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Ordering a custom GT/CS, does dealership matter?

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/07, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordering a custom GT/CS, does dealership matter?

Hello,

I am looking to custom order an '08 CS in a couple of months. I've never ordered a car before (first new car in 11 years!!), so I was wondering if choice of dealership matters or if the price is the same regardless. I've only gone to one dealer so far to test drive, but should I shop around for different prices? If I built the car on the website, do I pretty much pay the price that is shown? I do get the X plan and the dealership I went to said that they honor it.

Thank you for any advice
Old 1/31/07, 09:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to TMS!!

If you get the X plan price, no matter what dealership, you will probably pay about the same. That is about as good as you are going to do. The choice really comes down to finding a dealer you are comfortable with and is not too far from home. Any warranty issues can be taken care of at any Ford dealer, not just the one you bought from so don't worry too much about the service aspect. If I'm wrong about the price thing, someone please correct me, but that is the way I understand it!!
Old 1/31/07, 11:22 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by theedge67
Welcome to TMS!!

If you get the X plan price, no matter what dealership, you will probably pay about the same. That is about as good as you are going to do. The choice really comes down to finding a dealer you are comfortable with and is not too far from home. Any warranty issues can be taken care of at any Ford dealer, not just the one you bought from so don't worry too much about the service aspect. If I'm wrong about the price thing, someone please correct me, but that is the way I understand it!!
......what he said.

I ordered my GT/CS using the X-plan and it couldn't be easier and more pleasant. I know the salesman I ordered it from, so the choice of where to go was easy for me.
Old 2/1/07, 05:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AbsolutSpaceGirl
Hello,

I am looking to custom order an '08 CS in a couple of months. I've never ordered a car before (first new car in 11 years!!), so I was wondering if choice of dealership matters or if the price is the same regardless. I've only gone to one dealer so far to test drive, but should I shop around for different prices? If I built the car on the website, do I pretty much pay the price that is shown? I do get the X plan and the dealership I went to said that they honor it.

Thank you for any advice
Just don't order it from Greenway Ford in Orlando...they are a bunch of dee dee dee (Carlos Mencia's way of saying the are a bunch of #%$#$%$
Old 2/1/07, 08:45 AM
Bullitt Member

I agree, if the X-Plan is used, it sure makes things very simple. I found a Ford dealer and as soon as I mentioned the X-Plan even the salesperson seemed to relax a little because there is no arguing and the price is set. Very easy.
Old 2/1/07, 11:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome to the boards Holly. What options and color were you planning?
Old 2/1/07, 05:16 PM

Thank you everyone for the welcome and fast responses. I am currently considering black or vista blue. I want a convertable with the IUP. If I get the black, I am thinking dove interior. If vista blue, parchment. I also want the navigation system.

It seems as though everyone is enjoying their Mustangs so far, I really cannot wait for mine.
Old 2/1/07, 05:25 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You might have more GT/CS colors for 2008. We should know something official by mid April.
Old 2/1/07, 07:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thank you everyone for the welcome and fast responses. I am currently considering black or vista blue. I want a convertable with the IUP. If I get the black, I am thinking dove interior. If vista blue, parchment. I also want the navigation system.

It seems as though everyone is enjoying their Mustangs so far, I really cannot wait for mine.
That's sounds good on Black w/ Dove! Have you thought about adding the Sirius option?
Old 2/1/07, 09:06 PM

Oh, I am definently getting Sirius, I just forgot to mention it
Old 2/1/07, 09:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Welcome to TMS AbsolutSpaceGirl ( Holly )
For a dealership Try word of mouth from lots of people you know for a reputable one, that has a great service record someone that on the most part CARES I guess it all depends where you are from and how many Ford dealerships around, I've got 3 all owned by the same Family.

Who has a Sirus Sat radio now, reason I ask is I already have XM portable or car and if my unit comes with Sirus I'm not sure who has better listening ? I guess the first what 3months are free ?
Old 2/5/07, 07:21 PM
V6 Member

Are you getting a stick or auto? If it's a stick, you get a ratio option which you should grab.

Could you tolerate Grabber Orange? It will be a rare color since it isn't listed in the literature and is known only to the cognosciente. And guys love it!

Avoid ordering the GT appearance package which includes the hoodscoop, in my opinion it's greasy, but that is a matter of taste.
Old 2/5/07, 10:05 PM

I'm still not 100% sure about stick or auto...maybe 80% sure Auto. I've driven a stick before and my car now is Auto...I remember how happy I was not to have to deal with shifting all the time. Also, my commute to and from work involves stop and go traffic, so I'm not sure what good a stick would do be there. And (I know this isn't good, but...) I talk on the phone and eat when I drive, and I imagine that would be very difficult with a stick.

All in all the stick is tempting because the car is so awesome, but practically speaking I can't justify it for a few fun drives every so often on the weekend.

I could not tolerate Grabber Orange...I think I'm pretty set on the Vista Blue, maybe with some metallic silver 10" stripes. VB is what attracted me to the car in the first place

I don't intend on getting the GT Upgrade package, mostly because I'm not tall enough to have a great view over the hood with the scoop. I test drove one with a scoop, and even when I raised the seat it was still kind of difficult.
Old 2/5/07, 11:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Greenway

Originally Posted by 07gtcs
Just don't order it from Greenway Ford in Orlando...they are a bunch of dee dee dee (Carlos Mencia's way of saying the are a bunch of #%$#$%$
I have got two from greenway,an 05 GT and an 07GT/CS and was treated very good by Frank Hudson at greenway.
Old 2/6/07, 04:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm still not 100% sure about stick or auto...maybe 80% sure Auto. I've driven a stick before and my car now is Auto...I remember how happy I was not to have to deal with shifting all the time. Also, my commute to and from work involves stop and go traffic, so I'm not sure what good a stick would do be there. And (I know this isn't good, but...) I talk on the phone and eat when I drive, and I imagine that would be very difficult with a stick.

All in all the stick is tempting because the car is so awesome, but practically speaking I can't justify it for a few fun drives every so often on the weekend.

I could not tolerate Grabber Orange...I think I'm pretty set on the Vista Blue, maybe with some metallic silver 10" stripes. VB is what attracted me to the car in the first place

I don't intend on getting the GT Upgrade package, mostly because I'm not tall enough to have a great view over the hood with the scoop. I test drove one with a scoop, and even when I raised the seat it was still kind of difficult.
I've driven sticks all of my life, but my CS is awesome as an automatic. It has so much power that it doesn't matter. Now, I would never buy a smaller car as an auto. My only gripe with the auto is that initial lag when you take off from a red light or sometimes when you step on it to pass. However, I heard that the problem goes away with a re-tune.
Old 2/6/07, 04:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DANNY
I have got two from greenway,an 05 GT and an 07GT/CS and was treated very good by Frank Hudson at greenway.
I agree with you, they are very nice people. I give two thumbs up to Abner, the guy that sold me car...a real gentleman. I was also treated like a gentleman by the service department. The problem is that they come up with really stupid answers because they don't have a process in place for certain problems. As a matter of fact, the only straight up answer I got was in reference to the engine ticking noise...they basically said that there is nothing they can do but to keep bringing it up everytime I bring it in...and the fact that one of the service managers has the same problem.
Old 2/6/07, 04:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jamo
Avoid ordering the GT appearance package which includes the hoodscoop, in my opinion it's greasy, but that is a matter of taste.
So what you are trying to say is that every Mustang out there with a hood scoop is a "greasy" Mustang. I know it's your opinion, but help me understand "greasy".
Old 2/6/07, 05:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Who has a Sirus Sat radio now, reason I ask is I already have XM portable or car and if my unit comes with Sirus I'm not sure who has better listening ? I guess the first what 3months are free ?
I had XM on my previous vehicle and loved it. Sirius is pretty good too, but I'm partial to XM since it was my first Sat radio. To be honest, when my free six months of Sirius expires I'll have to change my head unit to one that accepts XM.
Old 2/6/07, 09:41 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 07gtcs
... is ... every Mustang ...with a hood scoop ..."greasy" .... help me understand "greasy".
Not real hood scoops, like shakers on a Mach. Just fake ones.
Old 2/6/07, 09:52 AM
Cobra Member

Welcome!
The best advice I can give you is find a dealership your comfortable with, by that I mean a good salesman who will keep you informed of your order, and double check everything so it's just as you wanted. Also if you like the dealership have your salesman walk you through his service department, see how they handle the customers. As far as pricing X-plan is X-plan no bargining just flat price + tax and paper work. It means alot to like where you bought your car, me I ordered my car out of state to deal with a good guy and I already have another dealership that does good warranty work. The main thing is to to be happy from order to pick up, and many miles there after. Again welcome and don't forget to post pics when your GT/CS comes in.

Quick Reply: Ordering a custom GT/CS, does dealership matter?