2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

New Owner GT/CS Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 2/18/08, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Owner GT/CS Convertible

<B>Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself, I recently sold my last toy car which was a 2005 Chevy SSR because I wanted to replace it with a new Mustang GT Convertible. I did a lot of looking on eBay, Ford.com and local Dealer lots. After about a month of looking I came up with a list of must have options. After searching Dealer inventories from coast to coast I found the perfect car at a Dealer in New Jersey. Since I live in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com<ST1:place w:st=" /><st1:place w:st="on"><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on">Long Island</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">NY</st1:State></st1:place> a purchase from NJ was easy. The Dealer was so desperate to sell one more car before the end of January they drove it out to me on 1/31/08 so I could sign the papers before the end of the month.<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><o:p></o:p>
Here is a list of most of the factory equipment it came with.<O:p></O:p>
<O:p<b></O:p<b>
2007 GT Convertible
5-Speed Manual
Redfire Clearcoat Metallic
Black Roof
Black/Parchment Interior
Interior Upgrade Package
GT California Special Package
<ST1:p< p ST1:p<>Comfort Group
Shaker 1000 Audio System
Wheel Locking Kit
Active Anti-Theft System
Cloth Convertible Top
Front Side Air Bags
Convertible Soft Boot
Sirius Satellite Radio
Woven Charcoal Aluminum Instrument Panel
Anti-Lock Brakes<O:p></O:p>
The Redfire, Black/Parchment interior, Cloth Top and Charcoal Instrument Panel were all must haves for me. It really makes me feel good just to look out the window at it, which I find myself doing a lot. I better enjoy driving it now, I know once the temperature goes over seventy degrees I wont see very much of it or my wife until next Fall.<O:p></O:p>
Never being one to leave well enough alone, I have started my usual “light modifications”. I never do anything which cannot easily be returned to factory original and I save everything I remove or replace. This way if the next owner doesn’t like what I have done, He or She can change it back to as built.<O:p></O:p>

<O:p< p O:p<>
<B>THIS IS WHAT I HAVE DONE SO FAR<O:p< O:p< b>
Installed a 2008 Factory Navigation Radio/CD (much nicer than other factory units I have had)<O:p></O:p>
Had the air cleaner and fuse box covers painted to body color, (I will buy a spare set so this can be put back to unpainted)<O:p></O:p>
Factory Shelby GT500 rear mud flaps (not much to them)<O:p></O:p>
NXT Generation Mustang Hood Lift Kit (very nice item)<O:p></O:p>
Shelby Aluminum shift boot trim cover<O:p></O:p>
Factory wheel spinner center caps<O:p></O:p>
Chrome tail light trim bezel covers<O:p></O:p>
SilverHorse Racing honeycomb rear deck trim panel, (between the tail lights), (I did not use the mother-in-law tape which came with the panel; instead I used 2” wide magnetic tape to hold it on. This way I can remove it to wash the car.)<O:p></O:p>
Because I’m such a nice guy, I did my wife a big favor and gave her a birthday list of Midwest Auto Gear items to get me, just to make her life easier. <O:p></O:p>
COMING FROM MIDWEST AUTO GEAR<ST1:p< ST1:p<O:p></O:p<>
Ford California Special Plenum Cover with Matching Fuel Rail Covers</O:p<>
Radiator Cover (Redfire)<O:p></O:p>
Radiator Extension Covers (Redfire)<O:p></O:p>
<ST1:p<O:pShock Tower Covers, GT (Redfire)
Mirror Covers (Redfire)<O:p></O:p>

<O:p<b></O:pWhen all is installed and we have better weather, I will post some photos.<O:p></O:p>

<O:p<font color="blue">I have been reading this forum for some time now, and I must say I have enjoyed it very much. The SSR forum was so full of off topic BS and bickering that I stopped going on it long before I sold the Truck.<O:p></O:p>

<O:p<font color="blue">Thank You Very Much For Your Time.
</ST1:p<O:p</ST1:p<></ST1:p<>

</O:p</O:p
Old 2/18/08, 05:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Looking good in a vert! Welcome.
Old 2/18/08, 06:32 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweet Oh How Sweet It IS

Nice mods on an already nice rod. That redfire is one of the brightest colors naturally. Welcome here and drive the wheels off that thing.
Old 2/19/08, 12:51 AM
V6 Member

Very nice ride,

I beat out a chevy SSR at one of the car show i was in.It was a 2000 and up class . Good luck at the shows.Will u be going to the Syracuse Shelby Mustang Club & The Central NY Ford And u will love all that MIDWEST AUTO GEAR ITEMS
Attached Thumbnails New Owner GT/CS Convertible-000_0049.jpg  
Old 2/19/08, 02:31 AM

Nice looking car! I love the Redfire-it's the same color used in the 69 Mach 1, but they called it Indian Fire Red back then. I have two Stangs that color-an 05 Coupe and an 07 Convertible-matched in every respect.
Old 2/22/08, 09:27 PM

jrys - When you you put factory Navigation with Shaker 1000 speakers, did everything work fine. I like the extra bass but been thinking lately I rather have factory navigation installed - How much did you pay? Did you use your factory indash for a trade-in

Johnny
Old 2/23/08, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny
jrys - When you you put factory Navigation with Shaker 1000 speakers, did everything work fine. I like the extra bass but been thinking lately I rather have factory navigation installed - How much did you pay? Did you use your factory indash for a trade-in

Johnny
Johnny,

GOTO this thread for info on my Navigation install.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=77737

I purchased a 2008 factory nav unit on eBay.