2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Name your Goof!

Search this Thread

Old 11/25/07, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Name your Goof!

OK, so how many of us placed an order for our new Stang and when it arrived we didn't realize that we missed something. Or found one on the lot and after we purchased it realized that something was not as we expected.

I'll go first:
Went down to my local Ford dealer, ordered my 08 GT/CS Vert, with the following options...

California Special
3.55 LS
Comfort Group w/Heated Seats
Cloth Convertible Top
Active Anti-Theft
GT Appearance Package

What did I forget?
Yep, the IUP.
The dealer told me that it only included the my color, leather wrap steering wheel, and aluminum dash and vents. I thought, I could to without that stuff, and it would save me the near $500.
Turns out, that is also included the additional gauge package, and the onboard computer... Now I've just got lots of those stuipd icon lights!
Ugh!
LJS
Old 11/25/07, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn't order the 3.55.
Old 11/25/07, 05:53 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MR-STANG
What did I forget?
Yep, the IUP.
The dealer told me that it only included the my color, leather wrap steering wheel, and aluminum dash and vents. I thought, I could to without that stuff, and it would save me the near $500.
Turns out, that is also included the additional gauge package, and the onboard computer... Now I've just got lots of those stuipd icon lights!
Ugh!
LJS
You'll be happy to know that it'll only cost a few hundred bucks to order a new Instrument Cluster with the 2 extra guages, my color feature, and message center. I'm showing a list price of about $312. Then you need the switches for the message center. List price of about $72. Then add dealer's labor charges and you're done. You still won't get the aluminum dash and other trinkets, but it sounds like those weren't as important to you anyway.
Old 11/25/07, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by whitewaterrafter
Didn't order the 3.55.
That's OK, wouldn't you really rather have 4.10's anyway?
Old 11/25/07, 07:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Fortunately the only thing that I forgot on mine was the wheel lock kit - which is easily remedied. I'm not sure about whether adding the Shaker 1000 was a mistake or not -- love the sound -- not so sure about the trunk space invasion -- takes a lot in the vert -- of course, I'm not planning on hauling a ton either.
Old 11/25/07, 09:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The only issue I had with mine was the spoiler delete. The dealer done me a favor and modified an inboung GT before mine, when they upgraded the order the spoiler delete was a no charge option and salesman left the spolier on the one they had ordered. Folks, the first GT they got went to auction 7 months later, come to find out it had a bad tranny in it from the factory. I am kinda glad someone was watching over me on this one!
Old 11/26/07, 01:47 AM
V6 Member

I did my homework, and when it came time to order, I didn't forget a thing! I took home an order sheet, went over it to make sure of the option packages I wanted, and then went over them with the fleet salesman I ordered through to make sure that I was getting what I wanted... Only I wanted Grabber Orange, and I was told I couldn't get it in orange, so I had to order Vista Blue. Kinda glad now...
Old 11/26/07, 09:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
You'll be happy to know that it'll only cost a few hundred bucks to order a new Instrument Cluster with the 2 extra guages, my color feature, and message center. I'm showing a list price of about $312. Then you need the switches for the message center. List price of about $72. Then add dealer's labor charges and you're done. You still won't get the aluminum dash and other trinkets, but it sounds like those weren't as important to you anyway.
Where are you getting these prices from, and this is something I can get from my dealer?

LJS
Old 11/26/07, 11:26 AM
nm3
Legacy TMS Member

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I too got everything just right when I ordered it. The only wish that I have is that the self dimming mirror had the outside temperature and the Homelink included. Otherwise, I love my car. Too bad it has to go to sleep for the Winter soon....
Old 11/26/07, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by MR-STANG
Where are you getting these prices from, and this is something I can get from my dealer?

LJS
Yes, I simply got the part numbers and list prices from one of our parts guys here when one of our customers inquired about upgrading after the fact a couple months ago (he bought a 2007 Shelby GT out-of-state that didn't have the interior upgrade).

Instrument Cluster part no. 7R3Z*10849*GA, list $311.66.
Switch Assembly part no. 6R3Z*18578*AA, list $71.94.

You may be able to get a better deal than the suggested list price, FYI, from your local dealer. Not sure how much labor is needed, but it does require programming the odometer to match between the old and new cluster.

Also, my understanding is that GT's without the Interior Upgrade Package (IUP) already have all the wiring and senders for the extra guages and switches. There was a technical write up somewhere here in the forums on this subject several months back (before I joined here) that I referenced a couple times for our customer.
Old 11/26/07, 01:10 PM
CAL
GT Member

Originally Posted by whitewaterrafter
Didn't order the 3.55.
Same, bought mine off the lot --- did not have the 3:55s Everything else, man I wanted these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11/26/07, 03:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Cant really call it a goof as – like others – I bought mine off the lot and it had MOST of what I wanted.

I wanted a white gt/cs – black/parchment interior – Sirius – side airbags – IUP – GTAP (this was the lowest on the list – yes I like the fake hood scoop and engine cover you hardly ever see)
<O</O
I found one that was dove/black interior (I think I like it better now) – no sirius – no side airbags – and no GTAP . though I would have loved the built in Sirius – but I like how my antenna is mounted (on the rear package tray instead of trunk).. and yes, I still want my GTAP stuff.
<O</O
I now wish I had the navigation – which was one option I never wanted when I first went looking.
<O</O
The other 2 options I am adding are the GTA exhaust and the CAI that should be on its way to my house this week
Old 11/26/07, 06:16 PM
Bullitt Member

My only mistake was ordering from a dealer who's manager was fired 2 weeks after I came in and never even put the order in. I called and called until I finally came in and demanded my car. That's when they told me they never ordered it. They ended up trading one from another dealer at MSRP, but that opened a flood of problems with the GM, to where they tried getting me to return the car or pay more.

They tried getting me to return the car by sending me a certified letter saying, "We want our car back now, or we will reposses it. I said, "you can have it back. It already has 700 miles on it anyway." I even threatened to come back and buy it used at their loss.

Needless to say they folded and I kept my car. The dealer and the new manager were fired about some weeks later.
Old 11/26/07, 07:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool I Was The Big Goof!!

Our 2007 CalStang was a gift horse purchase off of the lot! Saw it on the internet. Looked at it. Test drove it. Bought it. Drove it home that night! It is the exact color and equipment build that we were prepping out for a 2008 Stang order. Except for the Sirius radio. The big goof was me. Because I originally thought the Sirius radio package and monthy fee was a lame and uneeded option. Wrongo kids! We now just love the sat-radio for taking the long distance trips and the weather, sports etc! And the fee is really peanuts for all of the access it allows you to enjoy 24-7! We really like this CalStang and wouldn't change a single thing on it, if we were to order one today!! And the best thing was, that we picked it for exactly $28,221.77. No Bull Gang!! We got very lucky, purchasing the CalStang Via the X-plan and 2007 Ford's end of model year clearance promotional deals!! Really Love It! Thanks FoMoCo!!!

FYI: CalStang's Optional Equipment List:
Interior Upgrade Package.
Charcoal Aluminun Dash Panel.
Front Seat Airbags.
3.55 Ratio Limited Slip Axle.
Sirius Radio.
Comfort Group. Heated Seats.
GT California Special.
235/50ZR18 tire.
Front Floor Mats, Mustang Logo.
California Special Satin Black Tape stripes.
18" polished Alum. Wheels. Exchanged for 18" Fanblade Alum. Wheels.
Bright Rolled Exsaust Tips.
Pony Center Caps.
Engine Plenuim Cover. Dealer installed.

FYI: Additional installs. FoMoCo Parts:
GT-500 Rear Splash Guards.
Two Seat Belt Extenders.
Mustang Car Cover.
Old 11/26/07, 07:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by c25sailor
Fortunately the only thing that I forgot on mine was the wheel lock kit - which is easily remedied. I'm not sure about whether adding the Shaker 1000 was a mistake or not -- love the sound -- not so sure about the trunk space invasion -- takes a lot in the vert -- of course, I'm not planning on hauling a ton either.
I thought of 1000 as well but how would it sound in a convertable with a steal wall seperating the boom ? The 500 is good enough. Only thing I'd like to have but told I can't is this new SNYC system. oh yah I seen it put a Factory order in & got the first one in town which led to followers lol . and runs just Sweet !
Attached Thumbnails Name your Goof!-clean-car-again-002.jpg  
Old 11/26/07, 08:10 PM
GT Member

Arrow

No mistakes on my end--the goof up was on the other end. Like Blckned, I ordered mine from the dealer after several months of research & shooting e-mails back & forth between several dealers. I went with the lowest bid....only to find out that after 6 weeks the order hadn't been turned in
After doing some research & threatening to call a lawyer I finally spoke to the sales manager & the ball got rolling--I called him every Monday & Thursday after that until the car arrived 2 months later My baby got picked up after an extensive inspection and I've been having a blast driving her ever since
Old 11/27/07, 06:15 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Ordered mine from a high end Mustang Dealer. After several months of it not getting a VIN number I found out that every Mustang they were ordering was going straight to Saleen or Foose or Fang to make a high dollar car. I started shopping on the internet and e-mailed several Dealers as I can get the x-plan. Several dealers flat out would not accept X-plan pricing. Cass County Ford in Logansport, In. (70 miles away) answer my e-mail accepted X-plan pricing and 2 hours later I was at their front door with a check. They only option I wanted that I didn't get was side air bags. But after having the car for 1 year and a half I have appx. $13,500 in additional mods on the car (ie Saleen SC and everything that goes with it, Alum. DS, etc etc)
Old 11/27/07, 03:01 PM

I don't know if I goofed or not, but I'm missing a light in my trunk. Sure would have been a good addition.

For those who didn't order the shaker 1000, I'm sorry. I love all that thumping coming from behind me when I'm playing RUSH. Wish I could have gotten Nav. with it.
Old 11/27/07, 05:38 PM
GT Member

No goofs, I just ordered every option except the 1000 & sat. rad.

Happy with what we have.
Old 11/27/07, 06:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by mid life mustang
I don't know if I goofed or not, but I'm missing a light in my trunk. Sure would have been a good addition.

For those who didn't order the shaker 1000, I'm sorry. I love all that thumping coming from behind me when I'm playing RUSH. Wish I could have gotten Nav. with it.
The Boom box shook it out !

Quick Reply: Name your Goof!