2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Manual or auto? Parch or dove?

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/06, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manual or auto? Parch or dove?

Hello all, I am new to the Mustang club. Bought an 04 RX-8 and now it is about to fall apart on me. The only two choices I have left before I buy a GT/CS is auto or manual and dove or parchment?

This would be my first manual, but I am thinking about going after it. I regretted not buying a manual with the last one.

As for the parchment, I would love for someone to send me some pics of the back seat and more of the console. I have seen the dove and like it except for the gray in the dash! Seems a little off to me. So, I would love to see some parchment pics if anyone has any to share. Thanks

Davion
Old 8/5/06, 05:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Welcome to the forums Davion, since you did not say what exterior color you want I will just WAG my opinion. My vote would be Redfire exterior with Parchment interior. I would also go with a manual trans, if you never had one you need to do it because it is a blast. If you drive alot in heavy bumper to bumper traffic I would consider an automatic.

Here are a couple interior pics for you, the first is Dove and the second is Parchment. Check out the CS forums and you will see many more.
Attached Thumbnails Manual or auto?  Parch or dove?-dove.jpg   Manual or auto?  Parch or dove?-parchment.jpg  
Old 8/5/06, 06:28 PM

Welcome to the site. When I think of a sports car I think of performance and along with that I think of a manual trans. . However, I ordered my GT/CS with an auto trans simply because I plan on driving it. Sometimes with a cup of coffee, sometimes on my cell phone and quite often in traffic. I'm sure I could handle all those things with a manual trans but I didn't want to. I did test drive the manual and it was very smooth, and easy to drive which made my decision hard but, I still went with the auto trans. I think either way wou'll be fine.
I also chose the parchment, I don't have a pic to show you, but if you dont like the dove (which looks gray to me) go with parchment.
Old 8/5/06, 07:16 PM
GT Member

I agree with BeBeep above. If your going to drive it everyday in bumper to bumper traffic, then Automatic is probably the way to go. I have a Redfire GT/CS vert with parchment interior on order and I personally wouldn't get the car in anything but a manual 5 speed.

The sound of the engine when you go through the gears is priceless and for me there is no other way ! I also ordered the charcoal instrument panel with the parchment because it looked better than the Satin.

Dbl E GT
Old 8/5/06, 10:31 PM

Thanks for the pics Be!

Thanks for all the thoughts guys, I forgot to mention that I am probably going to go with the Black exterior. I wanted a black RX-8, but didnt get it because of the washing required. Think I am going to go for it!

As for the auto or manual, I will be driving it in decent traffic, 25 minutes both ways. This car will also be my daily driver. I am really hung up on this point though. I just cant decide. We will see. So, I think this Friday I am going down to order it. They say it will be 4-6 weeks. Also, this site saved me 1000 bucks! I am ordering off X-Plan and will save.
Old 8/6/06, 12:52 AM
Cobra Member

My 05 V6 had an auto, my 07 GT is a stick. The auto is a really great tranny, but man, the stick ROCKS! It really makes the GT feel like a musclecar. It sounds so great going through the gears too. The clutch throw is very easy, so unless you're in a lot of bumper-to-bumper traffic I wouldn't worry about it as a daily driver.
Old 8/6/06, 01:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BeBeep
Welcome to the forums Davion, since you did not say what exterior color you want I will just WAG my opinion. My vote would be Redfire exterior with Parchment interior. I would also go with a manual trans, if you never had one you need to do it because it is a blast. If you drive alot in heavy bumper to bumper traffic I would consider an automatic.

Here are a couple interior pics for you, the first is Dove and the second is Parchment. Check out the CS forums and you will see many more.
the dove looks like a B/W photo and Parchment looks like a color photo . I opted for the auto and parchment, getting too old for a stick, just want to get in and drive without all the work.IMO.
Old 8/6/06, 01:56 PM

I faced the same choices, although the parchment pick was pretty easy for me. I have a parchment interior and top on my current 2002 mustang convertible. It looks great, and after seeing the black/parchment combo on a GT/CS at my dealer, I was sold.

Auto/Manual was a tougher choice. I opted for auto, simply because my commute is traffic filled and I work downtown. In a perfect world I would have gone with the stick. My new GT/CS will be my daily driver, so I needed to side with practicality
Old 8/6/06, 02:28 PM

Thanks for the input everyone. My wife is really pushing for the auto, so I may be swayed towards that, but I want the manual! But I did decide I want the parchment interior. Ordering soon....
Old 8/6/06, 04:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Davion
Thanks for the input everyone. My wife is really pushing for the auto, so I may be swayed towards that, but I want the manual! But I did decide I want the parchment interior. Ordering soon....
That is exactly how I ended up with an auto, my wife hates manual shifting so I gave in so she could drive it too. My 94 stang was a manual so I have had the experience already.

Good Luck,
Bob
Old 8/6/06, 04:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
the dove looks like a B/W photo and Parchment looks like a color photo .
It is not a B/W photo, take a look at it again and you will see a yellow tag hanging from the glovebox. Also the red reflector on the door and the red button on the seat belt release.

I hope that helps you out.
Old 8/6/06, 09:43 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BeBeep
It is not a B/W photo, take a look at it again and you will see a yellow tag hanging from the glovebox. Also the red reflector on the door and the red button on the seat belt release.

I hope that helps you out.
Just LOOKS B/W. no offence.
Old 8/7/06, 12:18 PM
V6 Member

I am stuck in traffic quite a bit and I prefer a manual transmission. I think a manual is much more responsive to the throttle than is an automatic. If I am in slow-moving traffic I put the car in the proper gear and modulate my speed by letting off the gas, rather than constantly have to brake. This works great when descending hills too -- just pick your gear and let the transmission do the braking for you.
Old 8/7/06, 04:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
Just LOOKS B/W. no offence.
None taken at all.
Old 8/10/06, 07:27 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
My 05 V6 had an auto, my 07 GT is a stick. The auto is a really great tranny, but man, the stick ROCKS! It really makes the GT feel like a musclecar. It sounds so great going through the gears too. The clutch throw is very easy, so unless you're in a lot of bumper-to-bumper traffic I wouldn't worry about it as a daily driver.
Davion - I agree with the above and would suggest that even if you are driving in stop and go traffic - it's not that bad really - I do it all the time and it is definitly worth it for the muscle car feel....there's just nothing like running through the gears with that great V8 - hearing that awesome growl and the "backburbble" when you let off to shift - very much a part of the "essence" of this car....whole point of a muscle car IMO.....
Old 8/12/06, 12:24 PM

I'll stick to an automatic, Of course color choice on the outside may limit what ford will install in the Mustang, Orange=Black, Torch Red=Dark Charcoal or Red/Black(I can't find Red/Black so far) or a few other choices, Tungsten Grey is like Torch Red I think(Torch Red should be called Scarlett to Me or even blood red), Orange is what I'd like, Even though Red(Torch) is more like My favorite color as I had bright red drapes and a bright red bedspread when I was growing up.