2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

A little touching up...

Search this Thread

Old 12/14/08, 10:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A little touching up...

Ill be damned if I can figure out how anyone lowers these **** cars. They're already lower in the front than the standard GT. If I lowered mine there isn't a driveway in town I could traverse.

I recently purchased some spray touch up paint. Anyone have experience touching up blemishes such as these?

Old 12/17/08, 06:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate when that happens !

Before you decide to paint that, try some medium grade buffing compound on a rag to see if you might be able to "minimumize" the scratches. The scratches appear to be in the clear-coat because they look white . Otherwise the color would look different because there is no clear-coat left from the damage done . Try to wet it with just water to see if you further minimize the scratches . As it dries, if the scratch "lightens" ,the damage is in the clear-coat and can be further minimized by applying clear nail polish to the scratches.
Old 12/17/08, 07:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by red pony
Before you decide to paint that, try some medium grade buffing compound on a rag to see if you might be able to "minimumize" the scratches. The scratches appear to be in the clear-coat because they look white . Otherwise the color would look different because there is no clear-coat left from the damage done . Try to wet it with just water to see if you further minimize the scratches . As it dries, if the scratch "lightens" ,the damage is in the clear-coat and can be further minimized by applying clear nail polish to the scratches.
+1 with what Rich said!! A good polish to use is Meguire's Mirror Glaze #3! Great stuff!! Takes out alot of light scratches, and also cleans up deeper ones, and gets the "white" out of it. It will make your scratch on the front look 10X better without any extra touchup paint. Give it a shot.
Old 12/20/08, 06:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
+1 with what Rich said!! A good polish to use is Meguire's Mirror Glaze #3! Great stuff!! Takes out alot of light scratches, and also cleans up deeper ones, and gets the "white" out of it. It will make your scratch on the front look 10X better without any extra touchup paint. Give it a shot.
1+ what Jeff said ! If you use Jeff's recommendation first , and if for some reason you see some deep scratch that needs touched up, PLEASE dont forget to remove the wax before you touch it up ! Otherwise fish-eyes will ruin your efforts or no matter how hard you try, it wont lay down right and will seem rough looking. A good surface prep-solvent made to de-grease before painting or even hot water with plenty of dish soap in it and SCRUB the surface thoroughly with an old wash rag and rinse with lots of water, should be good enough to remove the wax in the area you are working.