2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

"Life Rolls On"

Search this Thread

Old 10/23/10, 06:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool "Life Just Rolls On"

Went on a wonderful hundred mile "Fall Color" cruise in the GT/CS Coupe on the two lane back highways of Southwest Iowa yesterday! Perfect weather, bright blue skies and great red and gold Fall colors everywhere through the rolling forested hills areas!! All while cranking up my man Mr. Bob Segar's Greatest Hits on the Shaker 500 too! Life was sure feeling very good on this day!!

Thinking that the 2007-09 California Special site on our TMS forms is going the way of good old Route 66. A wonderful place full of nice memories and a great history. But is now being left behind in the rush on to the newer Mustang generations. Kind of like when the the Interstate system came rolling through and across America and right by good Old "66". That' okay you see, as "Life Just Rolls On".

Progress and new is all wonderful. But I do predict that in the future, the original S-197's will be the ones that the Stang Fans will just have to find and have for their very own. Much like how we all so love those great Classic Stangs of the past right now! We are planning on keeping the CalStang for our little grandson Mr. Gavin's (future) Mustang Membership. So he can continue this very great Stang tradition!! "RC"
Attached Thumbnails "Life Rolls On"-2007-calstang.1.jpg   "Life Rolls On"-2007-calstang.2.jpg   "Life Rolls On"-2007-calstang.3.jpg   "Life Rolls On"-2007-calstang-mr.-gavin.jpg  

Last edited by CalStang'07; 10/25/10 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Pictures Addition
Old 10/23/10, 09:35 AM
Cobra R Member

Talking

+ that
Old 10/24/10, 05:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ricksGT/CS
+ that
Rick knows and understands this love affair!! "RC"
Old 10/24/10, 09:44 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
sounds like a good time to me
Old 10/25/10, 07:10 AM
Bullitt Member

AHHH!!!! A beautiful fall day and no particular place to go, just driving the 'stang. Thanks RC!!! Does it get any better than that?
Old 10/25/10, 08:30 PM
2&2
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have some pictures of my grandsons in my Stang like that also. I need to buy two more so each gets one. Buy the way, I still like those fan blades. I have seen you heading north on 75 a few times.
Old 10/26/10, 02:27 AM

Thanks for reminding us what owning a Mustang is all about! With all the hustle and bustle of work/life, it's easy to forget sometimes.
Old 10/26/10, 03:19 PM
GT Member

Old 10/27/10, 01:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Hey 2&2. How are you?

Originally Posted by 2&2
I have some pictures of my grandsons in my Stang like that also. I need to buy two more so each gets one. Buy the way, I still like those fan blades. I have seen you heading north on 75 a few times.
2&2: Good to here from you again Bro! We get a lot of comments on the Fanblades at the shows. Especially when I tell them we got it from the dealership that way! Yes on Hi-75. I have a fellow Mustang-er friend that lives down on Beaver Lake and we are over there in his shop some days. Had I seen you cruising in your Beautiful white classic GT fastback I would have waved. Didn't make the local all Mustang show this year, as we were down playing at the Grand Canyon at the time. Next year.. "RC"
Attached Thumbnails "Life Rolls On"-rc-cheri-angels-window-north-rim-grand-canyon.jpg  
Old 10/29/10, 12:47 PM
2&2
GT Member

There is another white GT/CS with black stripes over the top that I see almost daily also. I just live a few mile north of Beaver Lake. Did you drive to the Grand Canyon? My wife and I went to the Barrett Jackson auction in Vegas last month. That was very fun, and got to see many awesome Mustangs. Shelby Auto had three of their SGT's go in the auction. The price of the 07' and 08's is almost to where I can buy one. If not, I will buy a GT/CS soon. I only got out to one show and shine this year.
Old 10/31/10, 05:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Shelbys at Barrett

Originally Posted by 2&2
There is another white GT/CS with black stripes over the top that I see almost daily also. I just live a few mile north of Beaver Lake. Did you drive to the Grand Canyon? My wife and I went to the Barrett Jackson auction in Vegas last month. That was very fun, and got to see many awesome Mustangs. Shelby Auto had three of their SGT's go in the auction. The price of the 07' and 08's is almost to where I can buy one. If not, I will buy a GT/CS soon. I only got out to one show and shine this year.
2&2: We were going to take the Stang, but then decided to explore the jeep roads out in Colorado, at Monument Valley and in Utah, so we drove the SVU there instead.

Betting you guys had a blast at the Barrett seeing how the blue bloods do the car buying and selling thing? Did you like the look of Shelby's new very spendy SGT's?

When you get ready and are shopping for a nice 07-08 GT/CS, let me know and I will do some research to help you find a very cherry one! P.S. Sending you a couple of pix of the CalStang. Can so see you also cruising around in one of these beauties Bro!!

This year at one show a fella walks up and said he really liked our GT/CS and how much would it take for us to sell it to him. I laughed and said. "You just don't sell your family members, thanks anyway friend". He smiled as he left. "RC"
Attached Thumbnails "Life Rolls On"-more-quaker-steak-cars-004.jpg   "Life Rolls On"-dsc01243.jpg   "Life Rolls On"-dsc01245.jpg   "Life Rolls On"-dsc01246.jpg  

Last edited by CalStang'07; 10/31/10 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Added Pix
Old 10/31/10, 08:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You are correct that things have slowed down. I asked Brad to add the 2011 to the CS heading so we would be 2007-2011 with the hope that would bring the new owners here, but no response.

We just did a drive through Custer State Park today. Beautiful weather, and a great two lane, with no traffic. The 5.0 is a dream.
Old 11/4/10, 09:19 AM
2&2
GT Member

At the Barrett Jackson show they had the new 2011 GT 350. Very sharp car, but it is a $30,000.00 package. I noticed another red 2011 Shelby I have never seen before. It was a concept that will be more like the SGT in price. I also seen three new Boss 302's. and the DUB edition. That DUB looks like some bang for the buck.
If you look at the Kelly Blue Book on a Shelby Gt package for the 07 and 08's, it only adds $1,500.00 to the price of a standard GT. It is just a matter of me finding the right one now.
I will never sell my fastback either.
Old 6/19/11, 03:17 PM
2&2
GT Member

Hey CalStang. I finnaly did it. I just drove home from California via Pacific Coast Highway/Grand Canyon/Rocky Mountains with my/our 2008 Shelby GT, vista blue coupe ,automatic,navigation, HID headlights. What a ride ! I love the look of the California Specials and this Shelby GT pretty much started out as one (54 U). Except for the interior and spoiler delete. Ford did an awesome job making these cars look and feel like you are driving a vintage Mustang. Hope to run into you at a few show and shines.
Attached Thumbnails "Life Rolls On"-sizeddsc01880-copy.jpg   "Life Rolls On"-resizeddsc01992.jpg  
Old 6/20/11, 05:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Conrats Bro! Sweet!!

2&2: Alrighty then! Congrats Bro! Glad you finally found your ride. Love the color! Know that you have been looking forever to find the right one. So where did you find your very sharp looking Shelby-GT? How many miles on it? She so looks brand new from the pictures. Know that your gal was possibly wanting to get a vert model, but having the coupe is so great for those long adventure road trips across America.

Told you that you would just love the S-197's if you ever got a hold of one. Nice road trip home too, as that is where they shine with miles of smiles the whole way.

We are planning our next Stang road trip this coming July through the Colorado and Wyoming mountains. cannot wait to roll! We will be watching out for you guys at some of the local shows here.

You guys should come out to Quaker Steak and Lube car night in "CB" this coming Thursday if you have the time. Would love to see your Shelby-GT out there and do a photo shoot. CalStang
Old 6/20/11, 01:26 PM
2&2
GT Member

Not sure I can make Quaker Steak the next few weeks. The Missouri river flooding has me working lots of crazy hours. I even have not been able to drive it to work. The additional Shelby manual suggest not driving it in standing water at all. But for sure we will have to get together for that photo shoot.

I had been holding out for an Automatic, so that I could make it a daily driver. That is the only way I can justify buying it. I had only seen four 08' SGT's automatics for sale in two years. They only made 148 auto coupes. This one was priced right, but the thing that made me go for it was that it was a Ford certifed pre owned from a dealer in California. So I got the 100,000 warranty and 3,000 bumper to bumper. The previous owner traded it in for a new GT 500 and was in a Mustang club. I think the previous owner took better care of it than I could have. Not a ding to be found. I am going to drive the wheels off it.

The picture is when we had just left the dealer with the car. We drove South through the canyons toward Malibu, and this is when we got the first glimpse of the Pacific ocean. Thats when it hit me that we where driving in my/our Shelby. We got it!
Attached Thumbnails "Life Rolls On"-sizeddsc01876.jpg  
Old 6/20/11, 02:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

RC, I hear you. This particular edition of the Mustang is one for the ages.

Last week while I was picking up my packet for the 37th annual Mid-America Shelby Meet, a guy pulling a trailer scraped and dented my left rear quarter panel. I was so mad at the time (I didn't get to show it, obviously) that after I got home, I was considering getting rid of it after it was fixed. (And yes, the guy's insurance is taking care of everything, including a new wheel.) But while driving to the car show on Sunday, a smile came across my face. This car really feels like 'home' to me. I've never experienced that before with any other car I've owned. So I'll be glad to get it back, hopefully on Thursday. They may not have the power or Sync or other stuff that the newer models have, but I still really love my CS. Roll on!
Old 6/21/11, 06:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Steve: Glad they got your Cal all put back to original now! Funny thing is, each year we love our own GT/CS even more. This as it becomes a little older and it just keeps moving towards its own special place in the American Mustang history!! CalStang
Old 6/21/11, 07:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

2&2: Maybe we can all meet up at the Annual Mustang Show held at the Nebraska Crossing at the end of this summer? Enjoy the ride Bro! CalStang
Old 6/21/11, 08:49 AM
2&2
GT Member

That sounds good. Are you going to put your car in the show? When you say WE, are you talking about others form this site?

Quick Reply: "Life Rolls On"