2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

KBB and Nada value on cs package

Search this Thread

Old 10/28/07, 12:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KBB and Nada value on cs package

KBB now has a place you can check a box for the California Special. I assume that would mean that it is a plus in value. It is limited edition compared with a GT and it has upgrades of course.
When you check the box it doesnt add any value right now. I emailed KBB and they said its very regional, however they are lower production numbers.. I thought thats why we put in our zip code lol. Anyway I hope they iron it out so we can get the added value for the CS. One step up from the GT see those everywhere.
Now nada has another problem.. They have no value at all for the 07 other than how many miles add or subtract. They also have a plan to have added value for the GT/CS so far no value at all for any 07. Hope they get it all worked out soon for those who have to sell. I see less GT/CS than shelby's here in San Diego. I think we may have something
Old 10/28/07, 05:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

You can get a price both ways, the CS package adds all of about $300.00 to a private party sale value depending on the zip code. I was at a car show yesterday (500+ cars) and many people commented "I didn't know they were making these". I was the only 05+ and the only non-shelby. There was 1 Shelby GT and 3 GT 500's.

Welcome to the boards from 619 land.
Old 10/28/07, 07:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Your GT/CS Value added?

Welcome aboard, fellow Forum member! Our GT/CS value added here, is how much we love driving and showing off this fun bundle of Stang happiness! Have only seen a hand full of other "Cals" in this whole area. And two of those were at Ford Dealer lots. Rare model? Yes I believe so! How Rare? Wish that we had some numbers from a Ford production expert. Who really knows just how many GT/CS's were actully built for the 2007 run? Enjoy!!
Old 10/28/07, 04:03 PM

Thanks for the welcome CalStang I went to a place by my house called Hard Core Mustangs and the shop emptied when I pulled up. They came out and were looking over my car and I was looking in the shop at some sort of Shelby going ??? lol The owner said he liked the stance and rear alot on the CS but said the spolier he would have liked to seen a duck tail and sugested a couple of minor mods which I am thinking of doing like stripes and a tune. I did the CAI aready. Anyway he didnt know production numbers but said that he has not had any GT/CS in the shop yet, and has seen only one on the street convertable. He said the GT/CS option Ford said is 07 and 08 only? Anyway it was nice to get so much attention on a car that is 10's of thousands less than a Shelby (which looked awesome to me) but I guess they were excited to see a CS ! !
Did they make more Shelby's in differnt flavors than the CS? Good for us hehe
Old 10/28/07, 08:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Looks like this is the white GT/CS forum haha.
Old 10/28/07, 08:46 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Well,
Lets throw some Redfire into this all white forum.

TDS
Old 10/28/07, 09:01 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Around here, anyone who'd see California Special would think that it had some stupid emissions package on it.
Old 10/28/07, 09:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Vista Blue is cool too!
Old 10/28/07, 09:50 PM

Ive seen other posts with your vista blue Doug.That may be one of the nicest Stangs I have ever seen. You did it all right!!!That hood, stripes insane
Old 10/29/07, 06:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Around here, anyone who'd see California Special would think that it had some stupid emissions package on it.
Yup, same thing here. I get asked all the time...when I tell them, they reply with....ahhh, california special emissions!

BTW, the best looking CS' are the white ones...you can't get better contract between the white body and black accents, and with tinted windows it is simply awesome
Old 10/29/07, 06:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TDS
Well,
Lets throw some Redfire into this all white forum.

TDS
Nooooo....Red and White will make Pink
Old 10/29/07, 06:53 AM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by 07gtcs
Yup, same thing here. I get asked all the time...when I tell them, they reply with....ahhh, california special emissions!

BTW, the best looking CS' are the white ones...you can't get better contract between the white body and black accents, and with tinted windows it is simply awesome
I saw a white one here the other day (first I've seen in person), and it did catch my eye.

California Special is only special if you live in California or are a Mustang enthusiast.
Old 10/29/07, 07:21 AM

I love my Little Red

To each his own, I love my candy apple red. Geeze, some people only see in black & white, humf
Old 10/29/07, 05:50 PM
Cobra Member

If someone doesnt know what CS stands for, I tell them Carroll Shelby and then they are like ohhhhhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh
Old 10/29/07, 06:54 PM
GT Member

Funny, I went in to consider purchasing an 07' GT500, and when my friend the Dealer said he had already sold his allotment, he suggested a Shely GT or a California Special. My first reaction was "I don't want a California emmissions package...."
One thing led to another, and I'm here to say VB-CS Rocks!!!
Old 10/29/07, 07:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool I Like Stangs!!

I like personally like all of the great color choices!! And GT/CS's are not better, just a unique current model. Kinda like a very mild factory custom, that the average working Mustang Fan can actually afford to buy. I enjoy all of the new Stang models. As part of our American Car Family, they call FoMoCo!! We shood always care for it, and for each other!!
Old 10/30/07, 07:36 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ocean1
Ive seen other posts with your vista blue Doug.That may be one of the nicest Stangs I have ever seen. You did it all right!!!That hood, stripes insane
Thank you, appreciate the coments. Need to get it cleaned up and do a photo shoot soon.
Old 10/30/07, 08:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
They are all very nice plain and simple fact they are MUSTANGS . but I as well liked the look of a white night, seems to attract a tad less heat except for a radar gun.
Old 10/30/07, 09:00 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 196 Likes on 128 Posts
It won't matter to me if the CS doesn't bring added value. The added value for me is that I absolutely love this car!

I actually ordered a Candy Apple GT to begin with. But I just kept going back to the look of the CS and wondering if I made the right decision of ordering a a GT. Don't get me wrong, the GT is a great car. I was just drawn to the look of the CS, especially the two tone interior. I have to say the white CS is what originally grabbed my attention. I saw a picture of a Candy Apple Red CS and at first I didn't like it nearly as much as a white one, but it was just a picture and the picture didn't do the color justice AT ALL. Saw my car on the showroom floor and bye bye went my original order of a GT and this CS came home with me. IMO the CS is a hot looking car, no matter the color.

I get compliments all the time, no matter the age or gender.
Old 10/30/07, 02:00 PM
Bullitt Member

How Many White GT/CS' out there...

Wow,
The majority of AVATAR's are of White GT/CS' on this post.

So how many on this forum have White GT/CS', and how may are convertibles and what interior color did you get?

I'll go first:
2008 GT/CS Vert w/ black cloth top
Performance White Clearcoat
Black/Dove interior

That's 1

Quick Reply: KBB and Nada value on cs package