2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}

Search this Thread

Old 10/11/06, 12:30 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ray Man - absolutely great shots of the car we all love - our new GT/CSs. I feel the same way you do, but I'm not as good a photo taker..

I've had mine for 2 months now and it's still as much fun as the first day.

Great looking car.
Old 10/27/06, 06:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up just installed sequentials

Just installed sequential tail lights from WebElectric Products. Even though I can't enjoy seeing them while I'm driving, I smile every time I need to turn. I think it's one of the coolest mods out there. And they were so easy to install, took about 40 minutes. I highly recommend them to all!
Old 10/30/06, 06:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thumbs up next to come...

I just ordered a Shelby GT500 rear end spoiler. It should arrive in about 3 or 4 days, then I need it painted. I will also order a Granatelli CAI next week when they return from SEMA. I'll post images when ready.

(My local Ford dealer had a "sold" Shelby GT500 on the showroom floor. It was Red with White stripes and delicious. First time I've seen one in person . The sticker posted $42,000 msrp plus an additional $25,000 for a "true value market fee".)
Old 11/9/06, 11:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thumbs up Shelby facia on order!

Spoke with KC yesterday morning and ordered the Shelby front end parts. What a nice guy. Thanks Kevin! In the next few weeks as I start this mod I'll post images and info when I can. I've alreday recieved my rear end spoiler from my local dealer and I still have to order the hood.

On another note... last Monday I went out to Granatelli's in Oxnard to pick up my CAI. It's pretty! Unfortunately I broke my arm a couple of weeks ago and can't install it yet. My friend will help me with the install this Saturday. A personal thanks to Ernie at Granatelli's, he gave me a tour of the facility and showed me some of what was shown at SEMA (and his hot 2004 Mustang!). I also saw the owner's Shelby 500GT sitting in the back room. Thanks Ernie (and Chris) for your help. Very nice peeps !
Old 11/9/06, 11:29 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Smile

Ray Man, I was just wondering do you have any regrets paying the $1800.00 extra for the CS package, then just changing it out for the cobra mods ? I know hind sight is 20/20 . you could have done the Cobra conversion for not much more than was spent on the CS package. Don't get me wrong I like the cobra fascia and hood myself, I'm thinking about doing a swap!.....
Old 11/9/06, 11:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Scott,

I've thought about it. When I ordered the car I didn't know I was going to do this. I feel that it will still be worth it because of all the CS extras. I really wanted the two toned leather and the 18" wheels and the rear facia and the front facia (DOH!) and the side scoops and the side stripes, whew. So what I'm doing now is creating my own model of a Mustang... the GT/CSS (California Shelby Special). What do you think?! I even found a company on line that has custom emble letters for the back of the car. It will be fun.

Even KC is thinking about doing it (after his Roush super charger!)

Ray
Old 11/10/06, 02:48 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Ray man, I understand my garage looks like a Mustang parts warehouse !
Old 11/12/06, 05:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Smile small additions...

Here are some of the aluminum billet parts I recently installed:

MGW e-brake handle, door lock pins (I couldn't believe how cheap the original Ford ones were!), pony power outlet plug, chrome coat hangers and a running pony key chain (from Sacramento Classic Mustang Parts through Amazon.com).

I installed The Granatelli CAI but when I plugged the air flow sensor in, the car just stalled after a couple of seconds . I'll have to call them on Monday.
Attached Thumbnails Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-brake-handle.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-door-pin.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-power-plug.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-key-chain.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-coathanger.jpg  

Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-cai.jpg  
Old 11/12/06, 06:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll echo what everyone else said, great photos and great looking car. Enjoy the ride~
Old 11/12/06, 06:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks Rich, I love the color of your Stang. It looks sweet!
Old 11/12/06, 09:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thumbs up

Ray! have you been following the on going foray of conversation about Granatelli cold air intakes verses C&L, BBK and others... I've got a C&L I had to do a tune with it! but no issues like your dealing with!! ...Good luck with your GTCSCobra...
Old 11/12/06, 10:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by blkstang06
Ray! have you been following the on going foray of conversation about Granatelli cold air intakes verses C&L, BBK and others... I've got a C&L I had to do a tune with it! but no issues like your dealing with!! ...Good luck with your GTCSCobra...
Well, it should have been plug & play, I'll find out tomorrow
Old 11/12/06, 11:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Exclamation artistic impregnancy, i mean artistry images

Here are some leftover artsy images I took a while back

It's really not difficult taking nice pictures of such a sexy model

Attached Thumbnails Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-rear-glass.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-runninglt.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-antmount.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-spolier.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-steeringwheel.jpg  

Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-mirror-remote.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-rearqtr.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-hoodrelease.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-moreleather.jpg   Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-rearcap.jpg  

Old 11/13/06, 12:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

WOW! Ray, don't forget this is a family web sight ! Does your wife know you take these kind of photographs!
Old 11/13/06, 01:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

R E S P E C T

Me, my wife and the car all respect each other .
Old 11/15/06, 07:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ray,

These are some of the best photos I've seen... Gotta tell you, I've utilized one of your photos as a reference for an art piece... Hope you like it and thanks for the reference!

Rich

Old 11/15/06, 10:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thumbs up Thanks Rich!

Wow!!! That looks terrific! From one artist to another

I feel honored to have helped (actually that one was taken by my friend bill, I'll pass on kudos on to him)

Thank Rich!
Old 11/15/06, 11:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Talking Shelby Retro Here I Come!

Omg Omg Omg... I just recieved all of my Shelby front end parts today. I ordered them from Kevin last Friday and got them in 3 working days. You da man Kev!

My painter is racing in the Baja 500 right now, so I will have to wait until next week to find out what kind of schedule we'll be on.

Keep ya up to date.

PS: "I'm screaming like a little girl right now!"
Old 11/19/06, 07:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thumbs up Vrooom...

Just recieved my replacement sensor from Granatelli and installed it. Runs great! Glad that's done!
Attached Thumbnails Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}-cai2.jpg  
Old 11/19/06, 08:29 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice car

Quick Reply: Just got my GT/CS!{ Legacy Post With Tons of Great Professional Pics By Owner!}