I'm not good at waiting

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/06, 02:50 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm not good at waiting

Howdy
I would like to ask some questions to the people who have ordered their GT/CS. This is just to help me pass the time until my RedFire GT/CS gets here.
Questions about your order:
1. Date order, how many days since your order and there is your order at now (ie bucked, unschedule)
2. Color
3. 5-speed or Auto
4. Size of dealership (small, medium, or large)
5. Order Priority (10 or 20 or???)
6. Any options that could delay order (ie GT Pkg.)
7. When did your dealer promise delivery (8, 10, or 12 weeks)
and any more useless information you want to give me to read during my all to long wait for my car.
Old 7/22/06, 04:06 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1- ordered gt/cs ragtop on 9 jun; serialize on 6 jul; locked in for build on 2 aug; eta week of 10 aug
2- white & black cloth top; black&dove + iup with charcoal panel (( first car was '65 coupe wimbledon white on red; currently drive '99 black-on-black gt ragtop = too hot & too hard to keep clean for me personally ))
3- auto (( 25 mile 1way commute in heavy traffic + bum knees + std tranny = bad combo for me personally ))
4- fairly large dealer; blue oval certified + ford presidents award last 4 years; top notch service & good internet sales dept
5- prio 10
6- gt/cs + shaker 1k + gtap allegedly adds 60 days - I think it is more about dealer allocation plus mktg/mix
7- no promises were made .. all indications were 6-8 weeks + upto 60 days for my options.

this will be my 5th stang; one from each decade (65, 74, 83, 99, 07-on order). the gt/cs will pass the time until ford announces 50th anniv 2014.5. much props to the folks on this gt/cs board that posted pics... i've taken this info to make minor chgs (cloth top, charcoal panel, add boot) well into top of jul. g'luck with the wait and your new car when she arrives....in the meantime, sing along....

"t-t-t-ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
fritter and waste the hours in an off hand way-ayay"
Old 7/22/06, 05:56 PM

Ordered a GT/CS on June 23rd. Madison, Wisconsin.
Medium size dealer
Black/ coupe
auto
Black/parchment interior
appearance package
side air bage option
comfort group
interior upgrade package
about 10-12 weeks
ETA Sept. 16th.
Old 7/23/06, 01:51 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ordered july 7 th, see below
small dealer
vista blue, IUP,black/ Camel (Parchment) vert. with parchment top
options.. see below, ie; all ex shaker 1k,+ sierus
Auto
priority 10
8 weeks
ETA 8/11, See below.

Good luck
Old 7/23/06, 07:54 AM

1. Ordered July 11, build date 8/7.
2. Vista blue, black/camel interior
3. 5 speed
4. Medium sized dealer, sells lots of trucks though
5. 12
6. Almost all options except radio upgrade.
7. 8 weeks.

I'm thinking it could now be here by middle of month, normally would be excited, except I'm going to be out of town from the 15th to the 25th. I fear now it will arrive while I'm gone and other butts will be in the seats before mine. It better not have any mileage on it or I'll demand a "demo" discount. I told the salesman that I didn't want any dealer tags or stickers on it and he said he understood.
Old 7/23/06, 09:13 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by dly
Howdy
I would like to ask some questions to the people who have ordered their GT/CS. This is just to help me pass the time until my RedFire GT/CS gets here.
Questions about your order:
1. Date order, how many days since your order and there is your order at now (ie bucked, unschedule)
2. Color
3. 5-speed or Auto
4. Size of dealership (small, medium, or large)
5. Order Priority (10 or 20 or???)
6. Any options that could delay order (ie GT Pkg.)
7. When did your dealer promise delivery (8, 10, or 12 weeks)
and any more useless information you want to give me to read during my all to long wait for my car.
1. Ordered on 5/11, built on 6/24, shipped to rail yard 6/2, delivered 6/17.
2. Color - Vista Blue
3. Small dealership
4. Priority 10
6. Convertible, GT/CS package, heated seats, soft boot, automatic
7. Ordering a manual tranny would delay things.
7. Made no promise as it was an 07 GT/CS and he had not sold one before.

Hope this helps.
Old 7/24/06, 08:33 PM

ordered in may but GT apearance group caused it to be on hold till 6/22. I decided to wait for the scoop,engine over and rolled tips.
Current status is delivery to dealer on 8/7.

Redfire metalic, black cloth top, 5 speed, GT/CS
black/dove, IUP, satin dash, side airbags, scoop, engine cover and roled tips.

Have a friend who ordered 7/5 and has an estimated delivery 8/12.
Hope you have a new status by now.
We have a fairly large SVT dealer who honored x-plan and a-plan.
Old 7/24/06, 10:01 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Well I just checked again with the ERL and my order is "clear and unschedule" but the funny thing is I called on my old order number and that one is "serialized and awaiting a built date".
I thought my dealer was a fairly large dealer, Blue Oval dealer, they are getting 2 Gt500's to sell. But there are about 4 dealers in my area and all are about the same. This one has always taken my x-plan pin and I'm dealing with the New Car Manager that told me he had an "inside man" to get my order in and out quick. I guess ordering a 5 speed Gt/CS with the GT Apper. pkg is just the kiss of death. Oh well I'll just open another cold one and wait another week.
Old 7/24/06, 10:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

went to the local ford dealer and the genius car dealer is telling me he will put a body kit on the car, cuase thats all it is, is 2 pieces of plastic..Yeah thats the whole gt/cs package 2 scoops. I have been a avid car nut and fan of mustangs, I have owned 3 classic stangs and currently my girlfriend has a mineral grey 2005 with iup(it took us forever to find this car)this ******* insults my intelligence by sayng he will put a body kit on a 2006 gt convert and it will be the same as a factory gt/cs. I was floored with the desperation of this nnut job..Do not buy a car from sunrise ford in north hollywood ca. They are imbeciles..period. I pretty much had cash in hand ready to buy..they had a manual gt/cs coupe in the showroom that looked like some little kid started peeling the sticker off the side.. If this guy wasn't such a ******* I would have considered walking away with the coupe..I hate car dealers..
Old 7/26/06, 08:53 PM

Up date, The delivery for my GT/CS was Sept. 16th.
Yesterday, The dealer called (err.. or I called him)
Build date 8/7 delivery 3 weeks later sometime around Aug 28th.

I can"t beleave I'm having this silly conservation on the Shelby Forum about buying a Shelby at over sticker. I'll be very happy with this car!!!
Old 7/26/06, 09:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tricksixtyfive
went to the local ford dealer and the genius car dealer is telling me he will put a body kit on the car, cuase thats all it is, is 2 pieces of plastic..Yeah thats the whole gt/cs package 2 scoops. I have been a avid car nut and fan of mustangs, I have owned 3 classic stangs and currently my girlfriend has a mineral grey 2005 with iup(it took us forever to find this car)this ******* insults my intelligence by sayng he will put a body kit on a 2006 gt convert and it will be the same as a factory gt/cs. I was floored with the desperation of this nnut job..Do not buy a car from sunrise ford in north hollywood ca. They are imbeciles..period. I pretty much had cash in hand ready to buy..they had a manual gt/cs coupe in the showroom that looked like some little kid started peeling the sticker off the side.. If this guy wasn't such a ******* I would have considered walking away with the coupe..I hate car dealers..
There is so much more to the GT/CS, the more I look at the photo in the forum, the more options ( or standard features) I find, Yes the Side scoops, the GT/SC stripe, new front and rear ends ( ok the Cobra rear), Chrome door handles, 18" rims, crome running boards ( inside door trim),the engine cover, shaker 500 radio, I know there are others, but can't think of them right now. And this is an $1800 +- package???
Old 7/27/06, 08:04 PM

California Special, side scoops, dig deal. Exaust tips, dig deal. Sill plate inside floor badging, big deal. CS/ floor mats, big deal. Trunk key CS/ plate badging, big deal. GT/CS side stripe ,big deal.

Two tone leather & limited production of this package, bigger deal.
(manditory, 18 in rims, comfort package.)
I think it's worth $1800
thats way I bought one, delivery 8/28/07 I hope
Old 7/29/06, 07:57 AM
Bullitt Member

My Black GT/CS

Hi,

I ordered my GT/CS Coupe on July 17.
Black w/ DOve/Parchment interior. Auto tranny. Options include everything possible, from Shaker 1K, Sirius Radio to GT App Pkg.

I guess it's quite large dealer International AutoSource / Overseas Military Sales Corporation. Order is "Factory Special Order", OMSC Promised my car delivered to Colorado at Sep 25 latest. Let's see.

Miikka
Old 7/29/06, 08:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome to the boards! Aren't you the one who's moving from Finland?
That will be a nice car in Colorado!
Old 7/29/06, 06:47 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Waiting......Waiting........Waiting

Like I said I'm not good at waiting. I went to the X-plan partner site and did a dealership search. This gives you the 50 nearest Ford dealers to your zip code. I search every one of their inventories for a GT/CS that might be close to mine. Nothing even close and I only found 2 that I looked at the Window sticker to see the options. But I will tell you there is a $hit load of Grabber Oranges here in Northern Indiana. I think I found about 15 to 20 in all options.(vert, V6, 5 speed, etc, etc.) of coarse none of these are GT/CS.
I did make a fool out of myself Saturday. I looked up a local Ford Dealer in the next city over. They had a match to my order but with every option. I talked my self into it and left work after a 12 hr midnight shift to look at it. Tired I got to the dealer and couldn't find it. I went home and e-mailed my salesman about it and asked him to do a dealer trade or I would just buy it from the other dealer. After the e-mail was sent I went back to the web site to look at it again ooops. The local dealer is Jordan Ford in Mishawaka, the web site was for Jordan Ford in San something, Texas. Crap So I wrote my dealer back and told him to forget it, he never answer me back. Oh well another week goes by.
Old 7/30/06, 09:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
Welcome to the boards! Aren't you the one who's moving from Finland?
That will be a nice car in Colorado!

That's right. I'll be moving some time during September. Hope to see some Colorado Stangers over there to spend time with.

Miikka