Im new here. - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Im new here.

Old 11/7/17, 06:20 PM   #1  

Im new here.

I was wanting to know if theres anything to look out for on my 2007 Mustang Gt manual 5 speed with Shaker 500 sound sytem. It has 117 thousand miles ive had it for about 5 months now. Any reliability issues or anything like that before i start putting mods on it
Jes225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join The Mustang Source

Join TheMustangSource.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Mustang fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Mustang Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your stang, and have a great time with other Ford Mustang fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Mustang you'll find that TheMustangSource.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TheMustangSource.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Old 11/8/17, 08:56 AM   #2  
Cobra Member

You might want to post your question in the 2005 -2009 section as this California Special section is rather quiet. If you have a CS, it is basically an appearance package and will be the same as any other GT mechanically.
As far as reliability, it all depends on prior owners and the maintenance. I have less than half your miles so I may not have the best input for your question but I have had zero issues since I bought the car new.
NC07GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/8/17, 10:20 AM   #3  
GTR Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes225 View Post
I was wanting to know if theres anything to look out for on my 2007 Mustang Gt manual 5 speed with Shaker 500 sound sytem. It has 117 thousand miles ive had it for about 5 months now. Any reliability issues or anything like that before i start putting mods on it
Is your 2007 also a California Special or just a regular GT ? Your post doesn't mention anything about GT/CS..
m05fastbackGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/12/17, 06:40 AM   #4  
Shelby GT350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes225 View Post
There are a few things. Check the interior fuse panel (Smart Junction Box) for corrosion --it runs most of the car and will go haywire when it gets wet from an interior water leak --- oh yeah that's another thing to look out for The alternator might go around 100k, don't bother with aftermarket replacements, go for a 3 phase unit from a 2010+. I think those are probably going to be done of the more likely ones, but if you search around there's a few threads on common issues. A few to search for that comes to mind are cam phaser rattle, 3rd gear lockout issues, and weak upper strut mounts
Cavero is offline   Reply With Quote