2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

How do you like your GT/CS ?

Search this Thread

Old 12/28/07, 03:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do you like your GT/CS ?

hey guys,

A few weeks ago my current pony was totalled in a bad accident. I have another post on this, but I digress.

Anyhow, I've always really liked the GT/CS styling and looking to replace my GT with one in the next couple months.

I just wanted to know how you all like your Cali specials. What are the main upgrades over a GT other than the looks? I have a Whipple waiting in the wings to go right on it, so I'm not too concerned with whether it has a CAI or whatever. What can I reasonably expect to pay for a CS ?

thanks
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Old 12/28/07, 03:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
THe CS is cool and definitely looks better than the GT ... too bad you can't order it without the side scoops ... and you can't remove them without having two holes drilled in the 1/4 panel ..
Old 12/28/07, 03:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
THe CS is cool and definitely looks better than the GT ... too bad you can't order it without the side scoops ... and you can't remove them without having two holes drilled in the 1/4 panel ..
yeah, I'm not super crazy about the side scoops - takes away from a clean side profile IMO. I'm wondering if I would be better off just getting another GT and slapping the GT/CS front and rear on it? I also like my Boss 429 Hood Scoop better than the one on the CS. It looks wider and meaner. I was able to salvage it off my wrecked pony.
Old 12/28/07, 03:24 PM
Bullitt Member

I love the GT/CS. Only upgrades are appearance. You get the front / rear fascia, the great two tone interior, the rear pipes, side scoops and stripe + the 18" Polished bullits. No performance upgrades, that's left to you. But she's a sweeter GT. You control the performance ups. With the Blower, you've got that started already. Highly recommended.
Old 12/28/07, 03:49 PM
GT Member

I love mine. I find the sidescoops a plus and the different bumpers are much more agressive looking than the stock GT bumpers. I wasnt sure about the 2 tone interior at first but now that I have it I love it. I like the look of the regular GT but the CS package just makes it a little nicer.

Rob
Old 12/28/07, 04:43 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,539 Likes on 1,874 Posts
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...t=roushcharged

KC
Old 12/28/07, 06:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really like mine. I did not want the side stripes and when I ordered mine, I asked for them to be deleted. The fleet manager who did my order wasn't able to order them deleted but when I came to pick it up, they were gone. The manager said that the factory accidentally forgot to put them on. I suspect he removed them for me at the dealer though since he is that kind of guy. I actually like the hood and side scoops, even though they aren't functional. All the ballyhoo about them not being functional is BS in my book. If you really are that concerned with functionality, or aerodynamics, don't buy a Mustang to begin with. I think the front and rear bumpers look much better than the stock GT. In fact, it seems almost everyone with a GT wants to swap the front bumper, or add something to it to make it more aggressive. The rear bumper really sets it off as well. I see GT owners always checking out my ride.
Old 12/29/07, 06:53 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts
I originally ordered a GT, but I just kept looking at the pics of the CS and wondering if I made the right decision to get the GT and not the CS. Once I saw my CS on the showroom floor, there was no doubt in my mind that I wanted it. I will cost you more in the long run to make your GT look like the CS, so why not just get one to begin with (that is if you can live with the side scoops, personally I like them, but to each his own). The two tone interior is an added bonus IMO. I get a lot of compliments on my car. Just yesterday I had a guy say that he isn't a ford guy at all, but said I had a sweet looking car.
Old 12/29/07, 09:07 AM
V6 Member

The pics on this forum sold me on my '07 CS. I also get a lot of looks (and a few thumbs up) from the GT owners. I get compliments on the interior all the time as well. Love it!!!
Old 12/29/07, 04:09 PM
V6 Member

I love my 2008 Vista Blue Cali-Sp. Besides, getting a new California Special is a "tip of the hat" to the folks that own the originals. We're just continuing the tradition. The styling and retro look sold me when I saw that Ford brought this unique Mustang back to life. I live in the Pacific Northwest and I wish I could drive my car more often. I've had it since September and only have about 650 miles on her!

Attached Thumbnails How do you like your GT/CS ?-2008-mustang-gt-cs-9-27-07-009-thumbnail-.jpg   How do you like your GT/CS ?-2008-mustang-gt-cs-9-27-07-010-thumbnail-.jpg  
Old 12/29/07, 06:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Rock Star Crazyness!!

We just love our CalStang! If you read my rather lame "Twas the night after Christmas" attempt at doing a holiday poem, you know we are totally hopeless. Have owned a lot of great and very fast cars over the years. And really have enjoyed them all. But this CalStang GT/CS has a Rock Starness to it! Everybody just loves it. The young ones will holler "Nice Ride Dude". And folks driving by point at us, honk, wave, smile etc. At fillup times, people always come over with comments and Mustang questions! Even the law smiles at us? A very fun, crazy time, but we are having a great blast with it all!!
Old 12/29/07, 08:56 PM
Cobra R Member

man, you guys' cars look sweet! I think I'm pretty much sold on a GT/CS.

It will save me the hassle of looking for aftermarket bumpers and stuff. I think the only thing I would do is lower it and throw some 18" Shelby razors on it and throw my Boss 429 hood scoop on it. Oh, and the Whipple, of course! I can live with the side scoops. They are not deal-breakers for me. Now the only question is whether I go for a brand new one or look for a slightly used one.

Maybe I could replace the side scoops with these 3D Carbon vents?? They are less bulky looking.

Old 12/30/07, 12:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I love my 2007 GT/CS it just like my 2005 GT was a Factory order and it runs Saaweeet. No regrets all be itI could have not got the scoop or side scoops, anyway stock with my Bama X-Cal and K&N air charger not much more I need here. Well a SYNC system.
PS slightly used still Full Covered with a report saves some bucks !
Old 12/30/07, 10:17 AM
Bullitt Member

I love mine.... LOVE IT, its awesome.
Old 12/30/07, 01:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I just Love My GT/CS

Two weeks ago I picked up a slightly used (7K Miles) and it is soooo much fun to drive (even in Connecticut). It gets all kind of looks and thumbs up. it is an '07 Vista Blue with a 5-speed. It is fast off the line and great in the turns. My feeling is the CS has better curb appeal then a GT as the front & rear are different as well as the 18's. I also like the side scopps - it is kinda retro looking.

Buy a CS and you will not be disapointed
Old 12/30/07, 09:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by pilatti1
Two weeks ago I picked up a slightly used (7K Miles) and it is soooo much fun to drive (even in Connecticut). It gets all kind of looks and thumbs up. it is an '07 Vista Blue with a 5-speed. It is fast off the line and great in the turns. My feeling is the CS has better curb appeal then a GT as the front & rear are different as well as the 18's. I also like the side scopps - it is kinda retro looking.

Buy a CS and you will not be disapointed
I ordered mine in november...the only options I ordered were the GT/CS pkg and the 3.55 gears. I did not get the GT appearance pkg considering I am going to get a shaker hood scoop installed when it gets delivered.

I bought on x-plan and my price was $27,900
Old 12/31/07, 05:52 AM
GT Member

+ a really big number........

Absolutely love mine, I was sold as soon as I saw the CS kit and have never looked back except to stare at it every time I walk away....
Old 12/31/07, 05:32 PM
V6 Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Love Mine:: Wish I Dove it more

Originally Posted by Marty
I love my 2008 Vista Blue Cali-Sp. Besides, getting a new California Special is a "tip of the hat" to the folks that own the originals. We're just continuing the tradition. The styling and retro look sold me when I saw that Ford brought this unique Mustang back to life. I live in the Pacific Northwest and I wish I could drive my car more often. I've had it since September and only have about 650 miles on her!

marty, I only have 505 miles, just scheduled my first oil change and inspection. Its 13 months old this Friday...... New Years Resolution #1:::: DRIVE HER MORE!
Attached Thumbnails How do you like your GT/CS ?-frontview-1-.jpg   How do you like your GT/CS ?-sideview-1-.jpg  
Old 12/31/07, 08:19 PM
V6 Member

Another happy Vista Blue CS owner here! I've wanted a GT since Ford redesigned the Mustang in '05. I wanted a Shelby, (who doesn't?) but didn't want to pay $50k. So when the CS came out, it was just what I wanted!
Old 1/1/08, 11:00 PM
V6 Member

Just got a black 2008 GT/CS, what an awesome ride

Quick Reply: How do you like your GT/CS ?