2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Had to share this moment with fellow TMS Stang-ers

Search this Thread

Old 11/2/09, 03:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Had to share this moment with fellow TMS Stang-ers

First Lady and I were coming home from an afternoon/evening's cruise in our white GT/CS coupe last weekend. We live out in the rural forested hills outside of the city. Well we got off of the interstate and stopped at the bottom of the exit ramp for cross traffic. And what just blows by us at about six grand? A neon lit little black primered fast and furious rice grinder with a giant whaletail spoiler and a shiny fart can blowing out these funny bumblebee sounds! We both looked at each other and then just broke out laughing out loud!! Oh the pain of it! We then turned left and headed the opposite way to go home. As I pulled the Stang through his gears while listening to the sweet sounds of Bob Segar and that pulling Ford V-8, I thought "I could have had that ricer sound" "What was I thinking?" Not-Really!! Smiling I then grabbed a very hard third gear on that dark evening highway and we continued heading back home very happy with our own ride. Thanks FoMoCo!! CalStang
Old 11/2/09, 06:28 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice. Similar thing happend to me w/ some old 80's econobox w/ a big wing on it. It flew by and my brother and I busted out laughing because I think it had duct tape on the side.
Old 11/2/09, 06:50 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
those guys ought to get a recording of a V8 to play thru their kicker boxes
then too, the sound might scare them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88UjLPMW4Gw

Last edited by ford4v429; 11/2/09 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11/2/09, 07:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Tim: Love that great American Mustang ad on U-Tube!! Forgot just how really good it really was!!
John: Yes laughter is always the best medicine to be had in life! Thanks for sharing fellas. CalStang
Old 11/2/09, 09:11 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great end to a nice ride!!
Old 11/5/09, 08:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, all you can really do is laugh. Great story!

**EDIT**
RC: Check your post count. And almost exactly 30 years after the beginning of the Iran hostage crisis. Very 'Twilight Zone'.

Last edited by MusicMan66; 11/5/09 at 08:12 AM.
Old 11/5/09, 03:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MusicMan66
Yeah, all you can really do is laugh. Great story!

**EDIT**
RC: Check your post count. And almost exactly 30 years after the beginning of the Iran hostage crisis. Very 'Twilight Zone'.
Wow! That is just a little too creepy with the matching numbers and all. But the other side of is. I lost a ton of post count when the system crashed. So that is just my new count now! CalStang
Old 11/24/09, 11:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
First Lady and I were coming home from an afternoon/evening's cruise in our white GT/CS coupe last weekend. We live out in the rural forested hills outside of the city. Well we got off of the interstate and stopped at the bottom of the exit ramp for cross traffic. And what just blows by us at about six grand? A neon lit little black primered fast and furious rice grinder with a giant whaletail spoiler and a shiny fart can blowing out these funny bumblebee sounds! We both looked at each other and then just broke out laughing out loud!! Oh the pain of it! We then turned left and headed the opposite way to go home. As I pulled the Stang through his gears while listening to the sweet sounds of Bob Segar and that pulling Ford V-8, I thought "I could have had that ricer sound" "What was I thinking?" Not-Really!! Smiling I then grabbed a very hard third gear on that dark evening highway and we continued heading back home very happy with our own ride. Thanks FoMoCo!! CalStang
Great story. I see it all the time here in FL. It looks like they spend more money on stereo equipment and coffee can mufflers than the actual car. For each their own and I'm not looking down on them, but please don't tail gate me with those POS. Every single one of them get all excited when they see my Stang.
Old 11/24/09, 08:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
I seriously... *seriously*... don't get it. They sound completely *awful* with those chromed Folgers cans on them. I mean, it's just... sad. I'll never join them in thinking "Yeah, boiiii, that's some TIGHT sounds, main..."

/had it happen yesterday... just shook my head... and enjoyed my pony car all the more.
Old 11/25/09, 05:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm glad those kids have the "slow and the curious" noise maker 4 bangers! It really makes me glad I own my GT/CS ! In a couple weeks, I'll have had it for 2 years, and I still get a big grin when I get in and drive it! The love has in NO way died! Great story Cal !
Old 11/25/09, 05:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by red pony
I'm glad those kids have the "slow and the curious" noise maker 4 bangers!
Old 12/8/09, 09:59 AM
Bullitt Member

That's a great story. I haven't been on here much since the "crash"(lots of different reasons) But, I'm back now!!! I usually drive The GT/CS only on the weekends and my wife takes it to work during the week. We've had the car since 4/2008. I still get up to watch her leave for work every morning. I love to hear the car start and then watch/hear it rumble up the drive (800ft). Then I listen while she runs thru the gears on the highway. I stand and sip my coffee until I can no longer hear that V-8 purr. Kinda silly , I know. But, it gets my day started right.
Old 1/1/10, 03:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool "Welcome Back"

Originally Posted by goldhillstang
That's a great story. I haven't been on here much since the "crash"(lots of different reasons) But, I'm back now!!! I usually drive The GT/CS only on the weekends and my wife takes it to work during the week. We've had the car since 4/2008. I still get up to watch her leave for work every morning. I love to hear the car start and then watch/hear it rumble up the drive (800ft). Then I listen while she runs thru the gears on the highway. I stand and sip my coffee until I can no longer hear that V-8 purr. Kinda silly , I know. But, it gets my day started right.
Mike: Welcome back Bro! No not silly at all. That sound of which you speak is a kind of love affair with all sounds Mustang. Totally understand as our own GT/CS has been put away for the winter for one month and am now missing that beautifully sweet sound already!! CalStang
Old 1/2/10, 08:50 PM
V6 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good story Cal. Haha. We don't see those cars here much anymore. Was a fad. Lots of Stangs, and the '10 Camaro's.
Old 1/2/10, 09:19 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
Super, just super.
Old 1/3/10, 06:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
Mike: Welcome back Bro! No not silly at all. That sound of which you speak is a kind of love affair with all sounds Mustang. Totally understand as our own GT/CS has been put away for the winter for one month and am now missing that beautifully sweet sound already!! CalStang
Thanks for the welcome back RC. I thought you would appreciate my "silly" story. I don't know how you guys in the "snowbelt" can make it through the winter months with a parked car. At least you get to look at it and polish, right? Now that I think about it, it might be easier. My wife and I washed ours today in 37 degree temps....brrrrr.
Old 1/4/10, 05:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by goldhillstang
Thanks for the welcome back RC. I thought you would appreciate my "silly" story. I don't know how you guys in the "snowbelt" can make it through the winter months with a parked car. At least you get to look at it and polish, right? Now that I think about it, it might be easier. My wife and I washed ours today in 37 degree temps....brrrrr.
Mike: You guys are lucky there! Hah! The only thing that possibly gets us through the winters is the thought that it is like getting a brand new Mustang GT/CS every Spring when you fire it up for the very first time!!! CalStang