2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

GT/CS to a Shelby Wannabe? Just posted in Shelby GT thread by AmyB

Search this Thread

Old 8/7/06, 04:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT/CS to a Shelby Wannabe? Post 126 in Shelby GT thread by Amyb

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by semperfi65
I for one applaud what Shelby is doing, and thank you Amy for what looks like a great many steps in the right direction. What we're looking at will be something that will be affordable, attractive, and fun to drive! With a factory warranty to boot. Think about that as you build your own at home, and what will be the trade in value of that beast when the time comes to make your next move?

Amy, you're doing all of us a great service by sharing your vision. I'm disappointed that I've just taken delivery of a 07 GT/CS vert, with plans to upgrade with some of the FRPP packages. Now the question is when do I trade for a Shelby GT?

For those of you complaining about colors, I suspect it is only a matter of time before there will be other choices.

God Bless Shelby!!!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks! we will have parts for your car to make it a "shelby" and the GT/CS is already close in legacy to a shelby....<!-- / message -->
Old 8/7/06, 04:14 PM
Bullitt Member

So for all of us with GT/CS's, the question is what would you want to see Shelby offer as upgrades for our cars?
Old 8/9/06, 06:11 PM
President of Shelby Autos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by semperfi65
So for all of us with GT/CS's, the question is what would you want to see Shelby offer as upgrades for our cars?

Amke a list, I think I can help....lol
Old 8/9/06, 06:51 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I am happy that a Shelby GT is going to be made available...however, I am slightly dissapointed at how similar it will be be other models...(GT/CS) As well as it not being more of a performer. The GT500 is Amazing, and nothing like the regular Mustang GT, but the Shelby GT seems to just be "a step in the right direction" and not what a True Shelby Vehicle should be. This is just my opinion, but I think I may find those who agree with me.
Old 8/9/06, 08:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by codeman94
I am happy that a Shelby GT is going to be made available...however, I am slightly dissapointed at how similar it will be be other models...(GT/CS) As well as it not being more of a performer. The GT500 is Amazing, and nothing like the regular Mustang GT, but the Shelby GT seems to just be "a step in the right direction" and not what a True Shelby Vehicle should be. This is just my opinion, but I think I may find those who agree with me.
I'm wondering if we are all asking abit too much from the folks at Shelby to "get it right." So many of us think that if the new Shelby GT is NOT put together as they themselves would want it, it will not be successful in the market place. Same thing is being said about pricing for this car. Why are we all so judgmental so early?
Take a moment and revisit the Shelby Mustangs, 1965 to 1969-70. Do you have a favorite? Is your favorite the most expensive model produced? Is it the fastest, or the most attractive? And just how do you measue that?
Why not let these Shelby folks hear what we would like to see, and at what price we would pay. What value is there in telling them you won't buy it unless they do it your way?
Folks, we're talking Shelby Mustangs, not Burger King. Let's give positive input, and see what they can do.
Amyb, best of luck!
Old 8/9/06, 08:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by amyb
Amke a list, I think I can help....lol
Amy How about this for starts: Any chance of offering a performance package, a handling package that either we or the local dealer could install? Perhaps with multiple price points? Or perhaps a setup for the GT/CS with a different hood with functional hood scoop and CAI? Perhaps an upgraded dash with a different setup for gauges. What abount an upgrade for a better grade of interior carpeting(is Ford listening?). I'm just trying to get the ball rolling here...any other ideas?
Old 8/9/06, 08:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Great idea! I bet if people knew how much automotive design/construction/certification cost they would understand the constraints much better. I applaud Amyb for taking time to troll the boards and answer questions. I'm sure if a common theme would appear, we would have AmyB's ear!
Old 8/9/06, 10:05 PM
V6 Member

Any chance of offering a performance package, a handling package that either we or the local dealer could install?
+1 on easy to implement shelby perf package; and shelby handling package

i havent taken delivery on my gt/cs yet, so probably am speaking out of turn... but i do like the look of the "faux" hood scoop on the gt appearence package... would be cool to have shelby cut-out template+cai to make this functional without scrapping or swapping existing hood.

Amy, you Rock!!!! the simple fact that you have offered your valuable time to listen to the consumer on these boards speaks volumes about your dedication. industry executives could learn much from this example. I thank you.
Old 8/9/06, 11:11 PM
Cobra Member

First of all - THANK you AmyB for giving us a forum to share ideas. As a long time Mustang fan - I'm on my 7th Mustang ('05 GT 5-speed Preimum Coupe) I really appreciate the direction that Ford is taking with the SN197. The GT as a bargain basement performance V8 is a great concept - but offering the GT/CS as only an appearence package seems kind of weak...and the Shelby GT 350 with only 325 hp seems a weak attempt as well. I'm grateful to Ford for offering these choices - but with bolt on's (ud pullies, JLT CAI w/XCal Tuner, Magnaflow axle back exhaust) I already have over 325 hp....there's really no incentive to trade up - except for appearence items.....since it's probably going to cost me $10K to trade up - I expect more hp and handling options available in the Shelby GT 350 and the GT/CS.....seems reasonable that we could have a 350 - 375hp GT 350 (making it worth the trade up) and still have the GT 500 at 500hp and the GT at 300hp....the IMO the GT/CS should also have at least an additonal 15 - 25hp over the stock GT - that would make it much more "special".....handling package choices are also needed with both the GT 350 and the GT/CS....again, thank you for the opportunity to express my opinion as I have purchased many Mustangs over the years and would like to update my '05 GT - just that for the price .... I really wouldn't be getting anything more than an appearence package......another thought is the cheap looking plastic interior (especially the door and rear quarter panels) need to be upgraded....I'd gladly pay extra for a nicer interior, better leather, a quieter cabin and more options like "universal down" remote FOB window controls, auto temp control on the AC, trunk latch button in the cabin, footwell lighting, etc....
thanks for listening

Amy - after reading your posts in the GT 350 section - I now realize you are with Shelby - not Ford. Please disregard those comments not directly related to the Shelby Gt 350.....please though 350 horses