2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

GT/CS Registry teaming up with Ford Performance Group

Search this Thread

Old 11/10/09, 04:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT/CS Registry teaming up with Ford Performance Group

Gang today I was notified by John Clor of the Ford Performance Group about an relationship between the GTCSregistry.com site and the FordPerformanceGroup.com site. He told me that I could work with him on getting the data from Ford on the Mustang GT/CS cars and maybe even creating a certified certificate from Ford like the SVT Mustangs have for our cars. Also Ford performance would send out notifications on new Ford Performance parts for our Mustangs. So this is very exiciting and I will keep you informed on the progress of this relationship with Ford.

Ron
Old 11/10/09, 04:29 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by bztz4m
Gang today I was notified by John Clor of the Ford Performance Group about an relationship between the GTCSregistry.com site and the FordPerformanceGroup.com site. He told me that I could work with him on getting the data from Ford on the Mustang GT/CS cars and maybe even creating a certified certificate from Ford like the SVT Mustangs have for our cars. Also Ford performance would send out notifications on new Ford Performance parts for our Mustangs. So this is very exiciting and I will keep you informed on the progress of this relationship with Ford.

Ron
This is awesome news.
Old 11/10/09, 04:57 PM
GT Member

Only thing better than that is the avatar above me

Great news though.
Old 11/10/09, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

That sounds awesome! Keep us posted!
Old 11/10/09, 07:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Ron sounds great & thanks for all of your efforts
Old 11/10/09, 08:38 PM
GT Member

Sounds great Ron!! Thanks for all your hard work!!
Old 11/11/09, 09:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Update about the partnership with Ford Performance Group

Here is the email response I received today from Ford Performance Group.

Hi, Ron!

Thanks for filling me in on the GT/CS enthusiast world yesterday. I hope you got a minute to check out www.FordPerformance.com.

The story behind Ford Racing's Ford Performance Group initiative is fairly straightforward. The FPG program is designed to give Ford-based clubs ongoing access to, and dialog with, Ford Motor Company. It is also set up to help raise awareness about member clubs and online communities by promoting both club membership and club events, as well as offering other key "insider" support and information via both our www.FordPerformanceGroup.com website and our 1-800-FORD-788 <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1lace w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Info</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Center</st1:PlaceType></st1lace>. On top of all that, it provides a process for members who join a club to be rewarded by Ford with discounts on select Ford merchandise with no cost to the club or the members. These are all major benefits to both clubs and any potential members.

This year so far, FPG has helped market its MCA, SVTOA and IMBOC, Mach 1 Registry and Marauder club partners (plus the Shelby and SHO clubs being added later this month). We have promoted, attended and covered all of their "Nationals" events and provided either speakers, show vehicles and/or free support materials for their main club event. Those things tend to make for a better show, and it gives the club more credibility with its members. (Plus we do other things ... cool stuff like organizing a special plant tour, or donating Ford Racing door prizes, or supplying engineers, guest speakers or show vehicles as event support, doesn't all happen by accident ... ) Of course, all this Ford-generated promotion and interaction costs the company money, time and resources, so in return it merely asks the ability to have a dialog with club members via email when it comes to the performance business -- a dialog that they can simply "opt out" of if they prefer.

I'm sure you also appreciate the collector value of a Certificate of Authenticity (and not just a third-party Marti report, but a real Ford-issued certificate). The SVT Certificate program has long been a big hit with owners. We produce similar certificates for all sorts of Ford performance vehicles, both past and present, and could investigate such a program for the late-model GT/CS Mustangs. Should the GT/CS Registry decide to team up with FPG, then we could also save members money by offering them a discount on such purchases.

Of course, the only way we could "talk" to GT/CS Registry members in an email or to verify their membership in the club would be if the GT/CS Registry agrees to share its member contact data with us. Our key interest is to send those members who have provided the GT/CS Registry with an email address a ONE TIME e-blast from us called "Fast News From Ford Racing." In it, we offer info on the whole world of Ford Performance -- including Ford performance cars, parts, racing, plus news about our partner clubs and their events. (An example of that e-blast, which we send out to some 225,000 Ford enthusiasts each week, is attached below.) They can then either do nothing, and continue to get Fast News each week, or simply "opt out" and never hear from us again after the one e-mail, if they so decide. It's that simple.

As Ford vehicle sales dictate that it becomes a much smaller company, it will not have marketing resources to support or even interact with all of our stand-alone loyalist organizations. The only way to "get on the corporate radar" in the future will be to become part of a larger, collective initiative such as FPG. Also know that we're all members of clubs, too, so we have designed FPG to be a real club asset -- one very well worth the trade off of getting an occasional email from Ford Performance about the latest "insider" stuff.

Just to illustrate the club benefits of FPG promotion and interaction, the SHO Club had announced its annual convention (earlier this summer in New Hampshire), but was having trouble getting the word out for registration and filling its event spots. FPG then e-blasted event info to our Fast News database of 225,000 enthusiasts, and two weeks later, the SHO club had more than 100 cars signed up to attend! Better still, FPG secured the Ford car marketing manager and a team of SHO engineers to be guest speakers at the SHO convention -- and they even brought several 2010 SHOEs to offer test drives for attendees! (None of those requests could have been worked out for them without their FPG affiliation.)

So I would need to provide Ford with members names and email addresses for their database to verify membership so if you have not registered your GT/CS on my site please do so you can be apart of this exciting new opportunity.

Ron
Old 11/11/09, 01:53 PM
Bullitt Member

**giggling with happiness**
Old 11/11/09, 03:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by bztz4m
Here is the email response I received today from Ford Performance Group.

Hi, Ron!

Thanks for filling me in on the GT/CS enthusiast world yesterday. I hope you got a minute to check out www.FordPerformance.com.

The story behind Ford Racing's Ford Performance Group initiative is fairly straightforward. The FPG program is designed to give Ford-based clubs ongoing access to, and dialog with, Ford Motor Company. It is also set up to help raise awareness about member clubs and online communities by promoting both club membership and club events, as well as offering other key "insider" support and information via both our www.FordPerformanceGroup.com website and our 1-800-FORD-788 ffice:smarttags" /><ST1lace w:st="on"><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comInfo</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Center</st1:PlaceType></ST1lace>. On top of all that, it provides a process for members who join a club to be rewarded by Ford with discounts on select Ford merchandise with no cost to the club or the members. These are all major benefits to both clubs and any potential members.

This year so far, FPG has helped market its MCA, SVTOA and IMBOC, Mach 1 Registry and Marauder club partners (plus the Shelby and SHO clubs being added later this month). We have promoted, attended and covered all of their "Nationals" events and provided either speakers, show vehicles and/or free support materials for their main club event. Those things tend to make for a better show, and it gives the club more credibility with its members. (Plus we do other things ... cool stuff like organizing a special plant tour, or donating Ford Racing door prizes, or supplying engineers, guest speakers or show vehicles as event support, doesn't all happen by accident ... ) Of course, all this Ford-generated promotion and interaction costs the company money, time and resources, so in return it merely asks the ability to have a dialog with club members via email when it comes to the performance business -- a dialog that they can simply "opt out" of if they prefer.

I'm sure you also appreciate the collector value of a Certificate of Authenticity (and not just a third-party Marti report, but a real Ford-issued certificate). The SVT Certificate program has long been a big hit with owners. We produce similar certificates for all sorts of Ford performance vehicles, both past and present, and could investigate such a program for the late-model GT/CS Mustangs. Should the GT/CS Registry decide to team up with FPG, then we could also save members money by offering them a discount on such purchases.

Of course, the only way we could "talk" to GT/CS Registry members in an email or to verify their membership in the club would be if the GT/CS Registry agrees to share its member contact data with us. Our key interest is to send those members who have provided the GT/CS Registry with an email address a ONE TIME e-blast from us called "Fast News From Ford Racing." In it, we offer info on the whole world of Ford Performance -- including Ford performance cars, parts, racing, plus news about our partner clubs and their events. (An example of that e-blast, which we send out to some 225,000 Ford enthusiasts each week, is attached below.) They can then either do nothing, and continue to get Fast News each week, or simply "opt out" and never hear from us again after the one e-mail, if they so decide. It's that simple.

As Ford vehicle sales dictate that it becomes a much smaller company, it will not have marketing resources to support or even interact with all of our stand-alone loyalist organizations. The only way to "get on the corporate radar" in the future will be to become part of a larger, collective initiative such as FPG. Also know that we're all members of clubs, too, so we have designed FPG to be a real club asset -- one very well worth the trade off of getting an occasional email from Ford Performance about the latest "insider" stuff.

Just to illustrate the club benefits of FPG promotion and interaction, the SHO Club had announced its annual convention (earlier this summer in New Hampshire), but was having trouble getting the word out for registration and filling its event spots. FPG then e-blasted event info to our Fast News database of 225,000 enthusiasts, and two weeks later, the SHO club had more than 100 cars signed up to attend! Better still, FPG secured the Ford car marketing manager and a team of SHO engineers to be guest speakers at the SHO convention -- and they even brought several 2010 SHOEs to offer test drives for attendees! (None of those requests could have been worked out for them without their FPG affiliation.)

So I would need to provide Ford with members names and email addresses for their database to verify membership so if you have not registered your GT/CS on my site please do so you can be apart of this exciting new opportunity.

Ron
when can we get the certificate,,my 2007-car is in the GT/CS registry,,and how much will all this cost me,,
Old 11/11/09, 04:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just started the ball rolling today filling out some paper work for Ford so as soon as I am approved by Ford I will submit the rest of the items they are requesting from me to them. This may take awhile but I will keep you all informed as we get closer. So please make sure you are in my database since I have to submit all the current members to Ford to verify that each person is a member of the GTCSregistry.com or else you may not be able to get the certificate.

Ron
Old 11/11/09, 06:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Is there a way that you can verify my registration? I registered twice a few months ago and both times my computer freaked out on me.
Old 11/11/09, 07:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

PM me your VIN number and I can look you up in my database.

Ron
Old 11/11/09, 11:22 PM
FR500 Member

Awesome stuff Ron! Thanks again for your hard work.
Old 11/12/09, 10:54 AM
GT Member

Nice work Ron!

Just my .02c on this...
I would STRONGLY recommend sending a blast to the folks on the GT/CS mailing list prior to agreeing to the following quote:
Of course, the only way we could "talk" to GT/CS Registry members in an email or to verify their membership in the club would be if the GT/CS Registry agrees to share its member contact data with us

Sharing a database with a third-party could open up a can of worms for you! Also, I would ask the FPG folks to allow you to add the affiliation on the GTCSRegistry site. Get a banner and all!
Old 11/13/09, 09:25 AM

Thanks Ron!
Old 11/15/09, 07:07 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good stuff! i registered sometime last year i believe
Old 11/16/09, 03:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey if I register my 08 GT/CS what do you do with my info, ie, name, etc. Is this then public info?
Old 11/16/09, 04:55 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would say yes ,,public records now.
Old 11/16/09, 07:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

The one thing that the Ford agreement states is that I have to provide the names and email's to them for Ford's "email blasts" as they call it but if you do not wish to receive the emails you can opt out of the future emails. But they need the email to verify that you indeed are registered with the GTCSregisty.com site to receive the special discount on future items from the Ford Performance Group. I am still waiting to hear back from Ford to see if I have been approved before I can proceed with the second step of this affiliation with Ford Performance Group.

Ron
Old 11/17/09, 08:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So do I need to provide more than my first name, and first initial for last name?

Quick Reply: GT/CS Registry teaming up with Ford Performance Group