2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

GT/CS Order Issues

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/06, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT/CS Order Issues

I know there have been a number of threads addressing various GT/CS order issues. I wanted to share my experience to see if I'm getting jerked around or not.

I ordered my GT/CS today on X-Plan. The dealer told me that the computer system required the comfort group to be added. I was a little pissed about that because I live in San Antonio and don't have much of a need for heated seats.

In addition, he told me that the recent college graduate discount is incompatible with the X-Plan.

Please let me know if anyone out there was able to order their GT/CS without the comfort group. Also, has anyone been able to get X-Plan in conjunction with the recent college grad rebate? Thanks
Old 8/2/06, 05:20 AM

I used the x-plan and wanted to use the college grad program but I looked at the bottom of the certificate, which said ineligible vehicle-vehicles purchased/leased under A, X, D and Z plans.

With the comfort group, you not only get the heated seats but the power passenger seat and the self dimming mirror. I live in southern New Mexico where it is in the 100's most of the summer. However, it does get into the teens in the winter. If I remember correctly(when I went through basic training), it does get kind of cold there.
Old 8/2/06, 06:52 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
I have a GT/CS on order without the Comfort group. Ordered 7-14 but I'm still "clear and unschedule" as of 7-28. But I will check with my dealer about this.

dly
Old 8/2/06, 08:26 AM
Cobra Member

This was just discussed in another thread, but to date every GT/CS I've seen (including on lots and in pictures on various forums) did have the comfort group. This includes a couple I've seen that didn't even have IUP. It will be interesting to see if they make DLY change his order at some point.
Old 8/2/06, 01:21 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

No word from my Dealer after several e-mails but "ISELLFORD" answer my e-mail with in minutes. He states NO you do not have to order the Comfort Group Pkg. with the GT/CS Pkg.
Old 8/2/06, 03:43 PM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Well here is the answer from my Dealer. YES he had to add the Comfort Group Pkg to my GT/CS order to make it a "Clean" order. He said he did add this option without telling me to get my order going and forgot to tell me about it.

E-mail to dealer:

Could you please check on something for me. Reading some of the Mustang forums on the web, alot of people who are ordering the GT/CS pkg are also being told they must include the Comfort pkg. to make it a good order to be built. I don't have this on my list of ordered options. Is it needed?? If so please include, if not thats fine.

Answer from Dealer:

I already had it on there. The computer told me to add it to make it a "clean" order.

So there you go
Old 8/2/06, 05:05 PM

Thanks for the info.
Old 8/2/06, 11:07 PM
Bullitt Member

IMHO the power passenger seat that is included in the Comfort group is important. Some posts on forums complain that the standard passenger seat for the 2005 - 06 Mustangs ride too low. Congrats on ordering your new GT/CS!
Old 8/4/06, 05:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mikelen9

In addition, he told me that the recent college graduate discount is incompatible with the X-Plan.

Please let me know if anyone out there was able to order their GT/CS without the comfort group. Also, has anyone been able to get X-Plan in conjunction with the recent college grad rebate? Thanks
Well, I guess they changed some things since I got my first new Mustang in 1986. I got X Plan, $400 rebate and no payments for 90 days through recent college grad, and my dad also noticed some hail damage on the window moldings which knocked some more off the car. I drove a Mustang off the lot (in 1986) with a full tank of gas, no payments for 90 days for $8600. Sticker was $11,000.
Old 8/4/06, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by flashfearless
Well, I guess they changed some things since I got my first new Mustang in 1986. I got X Plan, $400 rebate and no payments for 90 days through recent college grad, and my dad also noticed some hail damage on the window moldings which knocked some more off the car. I drove a Mustang off the lot (in 1986) with a full tank of gas, no payments for 90 days for $8600. Sticker was $11,000.

Yes, unfortunately, things have changed. The College Grad plan explicitly excluded anyone buying on X-Plan on the College Grad "certificate". In a prior thread http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=50665, ISELLFORD said he put X-Plan and College Grad through for a customer. I would love to know how he did that.

My dealer told me the computer system would not accept the college grad rebate and X-Plan at the same time.