2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

GT/CS decal questions

Old 8/25/06, 09:18 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT/CS decal questions

My Vista Blue Coupe has arrived. Seems one of the flat black decals, was left off at the factory. Thats OK, cause you can't see em and there gonna be gone in favor of the wide white double stripe anyway. Think it would look pretty cool to have a GT/CS stripe in white to match, along the rockers. Is anyone making this stripe in white. The dealer couldn't tell me if the stripe was available in any color other than flat black.
Old 8/26/06, 06:07 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dont change anything

Take it how it comes
Old 8/26/06, 06:28 AM

I just picked my wifes GT/CS up on Wednesday and hers didn't have any stripes on it. I asumed that it was due to a shortage of stripes and they didn't want to delay the order. Now me thinks they have a QA issue at the factory.
Old 8/26/06, 07:33 AM

I'm picking up my vista blue CS today from Rob at BSM, I had him remove the factory decals and remake something for them I'm not sure what exactly since I told him to go for it. I will post pics later. I should see it for the first time in 10 days in about 3 hours, I did see some pics of the progress. Here is one of the solutions he came up with see post 29:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=52114
Old 8/26/06, 04:31 PM
GT Member

Leroy,
Interesting options. What kind of pricing did they get to custom make the various stripsstrip? Are they able to laser cut them? I'm looking for an original GT type of rocker panel stripe to go with the double stripes down the middle.
Old 8/26/06, 04:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Leeroy
I'm picking up my vista blue CS today from Rob at BSM, I had him remove the factory decals and remake something for them I'm not sure what exactly since I told him to go for it. I will post pics later. I should see it for the first time in 10 days in about 3 hours, I did see some pics of the progress. Here is one of the solutions he came up with see post 29:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=52114
Post Pics!
Old 8/26/06, 05:18 PM

I will take pics tomorrow morning after I wash it, the trip back from Baltimore took way to long, a super long backup on I95 because of an accident on the Woodrow Wilson bridge, and then another one on state route 3. On RT 3 I sat for about an hour or so with the car off, and then one lane was clear and the police were waving traffic thru until it came to me and he waived to a point and held up his hand for me to stop. He walked up to my window, so I rolled it down and he asks "Do you know why I had you stop?"
I say "No not sure." ( I was kinda confused)
and then he says "I wanted to look at your car for a minute."
So I talked to him for a about 5 minutes while he held the west bound lane up talking to me.
Once we finished chatting I gassed it a "bit" and took off, he was just smiling and lauging and yelled "Have a good day!"
Old 8/26/06, 05:38 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by hp246
Leroy,
Interesting options. What kind of pricing did they get to custom make the various stripsstrip? Are they able to laser cut them? I'm looking for an original GT type of rocker panel stripe to go with the double stripes down the middle.
As far as pricing goes I can not really say since I walked away not paying a penny (THANKS AGAIN ROB). BSM has a CPU cutting system for the vinyl, not really sure how it works but the edges are perfect. For pricing and products you should visit. http://www.baltimorestreetmods.com and drop Rob a line.
In the end I didn't go with the GT/CS Strip. I went with the new "Fader Package" that Rob designed using my car and I had BSM come up with a place for the GT/CS. It's on the 3rd brake light and also in the deleted quarter windows. I am very happy with the finished products! Pics will make it much easier to explain.
Old 8/27/06, 10:27 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by hp246
My Vista Blue Coupe has arrived. Seems one of the flat black decals, was left off at the factory. Thats OK, cause you can't see em and there gonna be gone in favor of the wide white double stripe anyway. Think it would look pretty cool to have a GT/CS stripe in white to match, along the rockers. Is anyone making this stripe in white. The dealer couldn't tell me if the stripe was available in any color other than flat black.
Try Baltimore Street Mods - they will most likely do it for you....he's already made me a set of GT/CS rocker panel "Lemans style" stripes and they came out nice! Neat thing was he didn't have to have a "minimum order" he just made them and sent them out - had them in about a week to my door.....and they were only $26.00 + shipping IIRC.
Old 8/27/06, 10:33 AM

Well here is the finished car, I started a new thread so as not to get this one to far off topic.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=52504
Old 8/27/06, 09:14 PM
GT Member

I sent an email to Baltimore Street Mods, asking about these pieces. My only concerns are about matching shades of white, and actual installation. How hard is it to install these lemans stripes and keep them straight? I have some experience with them, know about the dish soap trick. Any other tips on keeping them strainght?