2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

The Ford racing performance packages

Search this Thread

Old 8/2/07, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Ford racing performance packages

Has anyone ever got one of the Ford racing kits put on their car? Like the drag, power or handing packages? Just wondering if they were worth it. These are the ones found on fordracingparts.com. Thanks for any comments.
Old 8/2/07, 01:26 PM
CAL
GT Member

Hello Wulfstang,

Did tons of research. Was close to "pulling the trigger" on the Power-Pak....until all 3 local dealerships would not install, nor warranty any FRPPs......

My advice is check around your local dealerships and see if you have a "friendly" performance oriented service manager who will honor your warranty. If not, OR no big deal to you...then from what I've read, heard and felt in driving in other friends Stangs....the aftermarket CAI + Tunes are better than Fords. Hope this helps. Didn't mean to turn you off to FRPPs...... I wanted to stay "all ford myself" til' I learned what I learned......

Nice redfire - best color on the CS/GTs I think.......
Old 8/2/07, 08:44 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

FRPP has reissued warranty info through the dealers.

Had some of the kits (Drag pack, Power pac) on my '06 GT 5-speed.

There are just as good of mods out there for a lots less money, IMO I never got enough for what I had to pay.

But thats this old mans opinion.

TDS
Old 8/4/07, 08:22 PM
V6 Member

There is a dealer in Vancouver that has a "Ford Racing Division" (not where I bought the car) that will be installing a CAI with 94 oct tune, and MAC axle backs that will stand behind thier work as far as the warranty goes which is why I am having them do the work rather than me installing the stuff in my garage.

Peace of mind is worth the few extra bucks, with a brand new car.
Old 8/4/07, 08:23 PM
V6 Member

What they offer is very close to the "Ford Power pack"

http://www.fordracingparts.com/perfo...cepackages.asp
Old 8/6/07, 09:09 AM
CAL
GT Member

Originally Posted by BCTechieboy
There is a dealer in Vancouver that has a "Ford Racing Division" (not where I bought the car) that will be installing a CAI with 94 oct tune, and MAC axle backs that will stand behind thier work as far as the warranty goes which is why I am having them do the work rather than me installing the stuff in my garage.

Peace of mind is worth the few extra bucks, with a brand new car.
I hear you. Glad you were able to find this dealer - - don't ever move though! Other dealers will pop the hood-see the CAI and MAC axle-backs and watch out.....
Old 8/6/07, 10:00 AM
V6 Member

The guy there did say that it's ok to go to another dealer for an "oil change", but any work that requires them to plug into the computer....bring it to them as they know what has happened.

PS: This is one of the most beautiful cities in N.A. .....why would I ever move?
Old 8/6/07, 10:07 AM
V6 Member

FIND THE FORD RACING DEALER NEAR YOU !

http://www.fordracingparts.com/where...egion_main.asp

Mine is there under Canada/Western region.........Brown Bros. Ford
Old 8/6/07, 12:28 PM
CAL
GT Member

thanks for the link/info. I'm 0 for 3 on local dealers; however, maybe one of these a little farther away will play ball on the Power-Paks....

You've got it made.... a mod-friendly dealer and one that I assume is close-enough to you house.....

And yes, I'm sure BC is a little prettier than hot-texas here. We're at 100 F today....ah, time for a cold one.

take care and thanks again.
Old 8/8/07, 02:57 AM
Founding MOTM
Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well it sucks to live in my part of Texas right now. Tyler and Weatherford have one, but El Paso doesn't? Yeah, that sucks. Oh well. I was never planning on going through Ford for parts/install anyway.

Has anyone ever tried to buy/install a Roushcharger through a dealer? If they hesitate to even do a power pack, I can only imagine a supercharger.