2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

First Road trip

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/07, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Road trip

Wow I took my first road trip this weekend, my husband doesn’t believe a Mustang can be a long distance ride. So I took her out myself, spent the night in Orlando and had a great time. Bonding with my little red GT/CS . I was so comfortable on the long distance, mind you it was only about 60 miles one way, but I could tell settling in that it was going to be a great ride. Handling the Orlando traffic was no problem. This car is like an extension of me. What I want it does, amazing. I haven’t driven a Manual shift in 6 years, but I knew I wanted to interact with my Mustang. I am having such a great time. 350 miles on the engine now, up to 85 mpr, (hope to go faster on a local track just for fun). My husband is so mistaken I will just have to kidnap him and prove it.
Old 10/29/07, 08:39 AM

1st trip

Just went to Maryland's eastern shore this weekend from South Jersey. Top-down cruising turns a ton of heads. Tried 100 mph a couple of times heading down and felt very stable. Seats great after a few hours also.
Old 10/29/07, 09:29 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've done several 4+ hour trips in mine and it's one of the more comfortable cars I've used for long trips. Having the powered driver seat is great as it allows you to adjust if you get fatigued. Yes, the Stang can be a good trip car!

I won't mention the 120 MPH I've done it in though ;-)

-danny
Old 10/29/07, 10:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Cross country road trip

I`ve got you all beat with a coast to coast to coast trip in the last seven weeks. Starting at Blaine Washington on Sept. 9th I spent four days getting to Kansas City Mo. through Wa., Id., Mt., Wyo., Colo., and Ka., where I spent a couple weeks with family and then picking up my daughter went on to points east on I-70 through Pa., Ny.,Vt.,N.H., Ma., Mass., R.I., Conn., N.J., Del., Md., DC, and Va., before heading back to Mo., for a little R and R before returning to British Columbia on I-80 to Salt Lake City, catching I-84 to Oregan and up through Washington on I 82 to I 90 to I 5 to the border this past Oct. 26th. 28 years seniority gets me seven weeks annual holidays. I never get tired of driving this car and absolutly love road trips. Already thinking of what to do next year.
GET OUT THERE !

Total mileage was 9400 miles, average gas mileage was 25.3 on a total of 367 gallons

Just a few pic along the way:
1 Teton Pass, Wyo.
2 Rocky Mtn National Park, Colorado
3 Mt Vernon, George Washingtons home
4 Devils slide on I-80 westbound in Utah`s Weber Canyon
Attached Thumbnails First Road trip-teton-pass-jackson-hole-wyo..jpg   First Road trip-rocky-mtn-np.jpg   First Road trip-george-washington-mt-vernon.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by I-70 west; 3/27/08 at 02:47 AM.
Old 10/29/07, 10:48 AM

AH! My home state Colorado, how did your Mustang do climbling those high passes and all those switchbacks in the roads. Miss the old west, but love Florida.
Old 10/29/07, 11:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by heidiinthegarden
AH! My home state Colorado, how did your Mustang do climbling those high passes and all those switchbacks in the roads. Miss the old west, but love Florida.
I didn`t even notice em. Only one time did the trans downshifted on a mtn grade, in Wyo on I 80 west of Evanston. Nobody could run with me in the switchbacksThe handling on the pony pkg is the best!
Rocky Mtn National Park was awesome. If your from Colorado I don`t know how you could leave it.

JD got it right with Rocky Mountain High in Colorado !
Old 10/29/07, 02:38 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I've always wanted to take a long road trip. I'm thinking of taking off the week after my finals and heading to Boston, see some friends, and watch my World Champion Red Sox play. It's about 15 hours from my home, Ima try for a one day trip.
Old 10/29/07, 03:16 PM

Well I-70 West, I married a flatlander what can I say.
Try a road trip to Florida all the way down to the Keys
Old 10/29/07, 07:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Road Trips: Its All Good!!

If you read any of my own "First Road Trip" posted here earlier, it pretty much agrees with what everybody else has said on this!! Can you guys and gals, even believe just how wonderful those great power bucket seats feel hour after hour! These Stangs are just so very much fun to drive anywhere and everywhere! If you own one, you know of what I say!! True That!!
Old 10/29/07, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
If you read any of my own "First Road Trip" posted here earlier, it pretty much agrees with what everybody else has said on this!! Can you guys and gals, even believe just how wonderful those great power bucket seats feel hour after hour! These Stangs are just so very much fun to drive anywhere and everywhere! If you own one, you know of what I say!! True That!!
Yes indeed Cal I've read your posts and I go back to them I like all your info, Thanks. The Ride is Awsome, power seats with lumbar support Mm Mm. I'm 5 feet and Car dealer was surprised I was able to drive my manual so well. Power seats and a little dirt track powder-puff racing long-long time ago in the California dessert.
Old 10/30/07, 01:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by heidiinthegarden
Well I-70 West, I married a flatlander what can I say.
Try a road trip to Florida all the way down to the Keys
I might just take you up on that. I have covered all the lower 48 states already but regret not hitting Key West when I was there years ago. I only made it about half way down to a KOA campground on the beach with a Marina, Would it still be there? If it wasn`t for the Canadian girl I hitched with long ago and far away I`d probably still be in the "Show Me State" so I understand where your coming from.
Old 10/30/07, 04:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Enjoy the ride!!

Thanks Heidi! Sometimes we wonder if anyone really reads all of our on going babble about this love afair we call Mustangs! Welcome to the Forum Girl! Glad that you too are having a wonderful blast with your GT/CS ride! Get your Mr. hubby out here and enlighten him! By the way. When people ask me at the car shows, what the CS stands for on the side stripe. I just say, that it means "CalStang" of course and then have a laugh with them before telling it is actually stands for a GT/"California Special". Yes the Cal's really are quite rare models!! Enjoy yours! P.S. Our son Sammy (Another Stang Nut) lives down there in Sebring, Florida. And he says that a KeyWest round trip cruise would be a total Blast!! Maybe this winter?
Old 10/30/07, 06:18 AM

Alright Mustage Road trip!!!!!
By the way I say CS stands for Colordo Sweetheart...ya know, it's funny, makes people laugh. The CS has a great history behind it. Named my car "Little Red" long before I had one-- but didn"t know the first Shelby prototype was named "Little Red". Lee Gray borrowed LR and the rest is history. It was carsmic fate I tell you.
To the Keys, let's go, anyone else up for it? Gotta get my hubby out there..
Old 11/7/07, 08:55 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Humm I'm shocked they still have a sign like that when we were there last to ride the snake river , I seem to recall they now take offence to it being mistook and referred to as a hole, but I'd love to get back that way in a Mustang and go through Wyoming by Old-Faithful and let a buffalo chase my son this time. lol & Art Thanks for the "Get Out There" in red being house ridin two days with out driving is punishment for something ? lol
Old 11/7/07, 11:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...1&d=1193673535
Humm I'm shocked they still have a sign like that when we were there last to ride the snake river , I seem to recall they now take offence to it being mistook and referred to as a hole, but I'd love to get back that way in a Mustang and go through Wyoming by Old-Faithful and let a buffalo chase my son this time. lol & Art Thanks for the "Get Out There" in red being house ridin two days with out driving is punishment for something ? lol
Whenever you need to get away for a minute just click one or both of these

Old Faithful Geyser WebCam - Yellowstone National Park

Jackson Hole Town Square Web Cam

I got my picture downloaded off the webcam there in Jackson when I went through, I`m standing to the right of the antler arch and my redfire Mustang is parked down the street behind me.
Attached Thumbnails First Road trip-art-jackson.jpg  
Old 11/7/07, 12:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I was there last right after Kevin Costner & Dances with Wolved left I recalled a whole hill had a pile of antlers or racks there as well, I took a lot of pictures if I wind the one when I stopped to let Tracy look at a Buffalo I rolled the car away and started taking pics well it seemed funny to me, & I wouldn't let a buffalo get her or I'd still have been havin bugers.
Old 11/8/07, 01:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
I was there last right after Kevin Costner & Dances with Wolved left I recalled a whole hill had a pile of antlers or racks there as well, I took a lot of pictures if I wind the one when I stopped to let Tracy look at a Buffalo I rolled the car away and started taking pics well it seemed funny to me, & I wouldn't let a buffalo get her or I'd still have been havin bugers.
I`ve got half of one in my freezer now, they make good eating.

The Cowboy Million Dollar Bar thats across the street is where the final scenes of "Any Which Way You Can" was filmed with Clint Eastwood.
Attached Thumbnails First Road trip-cowboy-bar.jpg