2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Dove or Parchment inserts ??

Search this Thread

Old 11/16/07, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dove or Parchment inserts ??

Just brought home my new "08" Vista blue GT/CS that was ordered & invoice listed with dark charcoal & dove interior & I got dark charcoal & parchment interior.Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't parchment a grey & dove a tanish color ?? What can or should I do now.Could ford make this big of a mistake on the assembly line?? I really wanted the dove interior.Any help would be greatly appreciatted.Does anyone have pics of both interiors so I can compare ?
Thanks
Old 11/16/07, 09:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Other way around, parchment is a tan and dove is grey. This is Parchment:
Attached Thumbnails Dove or Parchment inserts ??-mustang-ii-047.jpg   Dove or Parchment inserts ??-mustang-ii-050.jpg  
Old 11/16/07, 09:48 PM

WOW that really sucks for me.The dealer told me the other way.So I ordered the wrong color based on his info.The dove is nice but I really wanted the parchment (tan) what should I do.Since I just got it,can I return it & order another car the (correct) way I want it. ? I'm so confused on what to do now..
Old 11/16/07, 09:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tell them they told you wrong and you don't want it that way and see what they will do for you. Put the ball in their court and see what happens.
What part of the world are you in?
Old 11/17/07, 05:57 AM

I'm in Lewisburg PA.I even had 2 of the salesman try to convince me dove was tan not grey.Don't I have 3 days to return the car,like you have with loans.
Old 11/17/07, 06:44 AM

Well just got off phone with dealer that sold me the car.The fact that he gauranteed me that dove was tan & he knew what he was doing now means nothing after the fact that I signed the paperwork & he now says the opposite that he said dove was grey.How can these salesman turn from your best friend to someone who has no help or interest after the fact.It's like a switch being flipped.Believe it,he actually tried to offer me replacement seat inserts of parchment & wanted to leave everything else dove.Is he joking,How tacky would that be.Finially after getting nowhere with him,he agreed to send me $250.00 to cover this (his) mistake.Guess what.NOT good enough.I will now go to the next step & call ford customer service & see what they say.This takes the fun out of buying a new car.
Old 11/17/07, 07:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Dang, that really sucks they may have dealer- traded for a car that was in some other dealers inventory to fill your order. I know I ordered a hood scoop for mine and when it came in, they told me "Ford" did not fill that part of the order correctly. They compensated me with a free Pony engine cover. It's not a big deal breaker for me.
Sometimes I miss it, sometimes I don't. Did they give you a brocher with the options listed? What you have looks great. I would go with it. Here is my Parch int. shot.
Attached Thumbnails Dove or Parchment inserts ??-pdrm0016.jpg  
Old 11/17/07, 08:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Did you sign before you saw the car?
Old 11/17/07, 09:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah that's a tough one...
When I placed my order back in May, the dealer or Ford for that matter had absolutely no images of what the parchment & dove inserts looked like.
I originally wanted tan like yourself, but the dealer I ordered from showed me another vehicle that they said was close to parchment, it didn't look good.
Of course the dealer was full of it, as he didn't even know what the dove looked like.
So I went with the dove, and I actually prefer the dash contrast, but I still like the parchment seats better.
I doubt FORD will do anything for you, as you accepted the car upon delivery.
Once the vehicle arrived if it was not what you ordered, then as long as you did not accept delivery, the dealer would be stuck with it and either have to return your deposit or order you a new car.
It's difficult to turn away from a new car when you go to pick it up.
I buy a new car every 3 years, and I can tell you from my past 5 new car purchases, all dealerships are only looking out for themselves.
Good Luck
LJS
Old 11/17/07, 05:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also went with the dove (off the lot) ,but if the car had the tan (parchment I would have taken it. On a black or a Vista Blue I think they both look awesome. Good luck , Hope you get something out of the error.
Old 11/17/07, 06:27 PM
Cobra Member

Didnt the idiot salesman sit down with a brochure with you, showing you the different color combos?? Would have been very clear once seeing dove vs parchment.
Old 11/17/07, 06:29 PM

I was told today that they did in fact do a dealer trade to fill the order.Your right Mr.Stang,they had no clue to what dove or parchment was.from the research I did,the pics I saw looked like tanish color & grey,I did not know which was what due to dealers having nothing on hand to see or compare.So when 2 salesmen told me dove was the tan,I said go,order it.I picked the car up at night under dealer lights & when I first opened the door,something didn't look right,the one salesman told me some bull how dove & parchment weren't really that much different,so with all the excitment of the new car thing,I for some reason let it go & signed the papers.Yes it sucks a bit,But I still love the dove & black I got.This car is absolutely awesome....Ford has their head on straight & know how to appeal to people.Job 1 ford...When it was all said & done,I agreed to accept a $250 refund to buy a car cover.I blame myself for not being more persistant.Thanks for the info folks..
Old 11/17/07, 06:30 PM

Yes the night I placed the order,we did sit down & i showed him the pic of the car in the brochure with the tan interior & he told me it was dove.So figuring he knew what he was talking about,I placed the order.Who knew he had no clue...Typical salesman,sling bull until you make the sale....
Old 11/17/07, 07:43 PM
Cobra Member

man that sucks. Id go back in to the dealership and go off with the salesman and mgr.
Old 11/18/07, 06:55 AM

Well here's the bad part about doing that.The other salesman that worked with me on this deal & actually was able to get me $3000 off the car from Internet brochures I ordered from ford by requesting a brochure ( they always include a discount with them) he was able to punch in codes & apply 2 of them for $2000 ,plus the $1000 rebate ford offered.The brochures were for V-6 models & he was able to finess them to work on my GT/CS.Plus he's a long time good friend of mine who went the extra mile with me & even got me a lower interest rate.The other Idiot I was working with done me wrong with the interior,so I don't want to make too big a hassle & loose my buying power for the future.
But anyone thinking on buying a new mustang,go on ford's website & request a brochure mailed to you,or several,use the discounts they offer.
Old 11/18/07, 11:03 PM
Cobra Member

well I guess you better get used to the look of parchment then...
Old 11/19/07, 08:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
When I ordered mine in June, they didn't even have an brochures of the CS, plus the order guide they showed me was backwards, meaning the inserts were charcoal, not dove or parchment.
Old 11/22/07, 07:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by slmustangz
How can these salesman turn from your best friend to someone who has no help or interest after the fact.
i think you already know the answer....

Originally Posted by slmustangz
I signed the paperwork
Old 11/22/07, 07:38 PM
Bullitt Member

i wanted the parchment - ended up finding a dove and since i got it near the end of the 07 year - and like it. would i have prefered to have the parchment? who knows now - but i like my car now and thats what matters to me.

granted hind sight is... (dont mean to be your dad), but make sure youre happy with it. especially since you signed the buyers contract.

sad to say - but youre just another customer to most dealers - no matter what you think about your 'buying power'. any other dealer could have given you at least the same deal you got.

either be happy with what ya got or get rid of it and get what ya want.
Old 11/22/07, 08:06 PM
Bullitt Member

File this as a learning experience and enjoy your new car!

Quick Reply: Dove or Parchment inserts ??