2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Don't know how I'm going to do it.......wait 8 weeks that is!!

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/06, 07:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HOTLAP
One CAN dream......350hp out of the box for a GT/CS would be sweeeeeet

Tres - I noticed you took delivery on 8/5 - what mods (performance) are you considering.....any thought on an SC?
The FRPP handling and performance packages would be awesome on the GT/CS!! That would probably jump the price another 3k though.

On the performance side I'm going to do the same as most others- intake, tune & axlebacks. I think way down the road (3+ years) I'll get another daily driver and convert the GT to weekend toy status. At that point I might SC it for grins What about you?
Old 8/16/06, 08:48 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
The FRPP handling and performance packages would be awesome on the GT/CS!! That would probably jump the price another 3k though.

On the performance side I'm going to do the same as most others- intake, tune & axlebacks. I think way down the road (3+ years) I'll get another daily driver and convert the GT to weekend toy status. At that point I might SC it for grins What about you?
Tres - I'm undecided on how to mod the new stang. Having had the JLT/XCal combo with the ususal bolt on's on my '05, I'm craving a bit more....although it's plenty fast as is....amazing how well these 3V 4.6's respond to the CAI/Tuner combo....on the other hand, I've always wanted a "sleeper" stang that is really fast and the SC would certainly accomplish that. Never having owned a forced induction ride before, I wonder about the reliability, engine life, warranty issues, etc. That's why if I do get an SC I'd probably get the Roush or Ford SC so it's covered under warranty AND so it doesn't void my original warranty....would probably tune it fairly mild just to avoid reliability issues......
Old 8/16/06, 09:45 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
We Got your Order Confirmation This Morning! Why did you Order the Hot Pink Interior???? Just Kidding!!!!

kc
Hey Kevin.....is my GT/CS in yet .......you know this is going to be a very long 8 weeks - for YOU I mean ....JK I'd better be nice to the one who holds my build specs

Just curious, is there a web site or anywhere I can check on the build status w/o having to bug you?
Old 8/16/06, 12:03 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by HOTLAP
I've always wanted a "sleeper" stang that is really fast and the SC would certainly accomplish that. Never having owned a forced induction ride before, I wonder about the reliability, engine life, warranty issues, etc.
Yeah, that would be fun for sure!! I put a lot of miles on my daily driver and right now reliability trumps performance for me, but it would be a blast to go F/I. It seems like most of the setups these days are quite reliable and as long as you're not racing hard every weekend require a minimum of additional maintenance.