2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Don't know how I'm going to do it.......wait 8 weeks that is!!

Search this Thread

Old 8/14/06, 01:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't know how I'm going to do it.......wait 8 weeks that is!!

I just ordered my GT/CS fully loaded black on black/parchament, dark charcoal dash & (cloth top) vert. 8 weeks is gonna kill me FWIW - I changed the color today - went with the Vista Blue / Dove combo.

I did want to thank all of you who helped with the education process this past week so I could figure out what to order!

Question, for those of you familiar with the "shaker" hood scoop kits...can you integrate that with a CAI like the JLT? or even an SC? I ask because I ordered the GT hood scoop and would change my order if the JLT CAI would fit a shaker set up.....I think the GT/CS would look great with a shaker poking up through the hood
Old 8/14/06, 02:14 PM
Cobra Member

Congrats on the order! My method for living with the wait was to put it completely out of mind. I contacted the dealer for an update every 3 weeks, beyond that I didn't worry or even think about it.

The shaker can be adapted to work with a CAI. Basically you have to mod the CAI shield to accept the air tube that is routed over from the shaker.

I have not seen a shaker modded to work (functionally) with an SC. I have seen a shaker scoop modded to sit over an SC, but it was no longer functional although it did still have the same appearance with the hood closed. The shaker has iffy performance gains anyway, reports are it is only good for around 2 hp. It's mainly a cosmetic upgrade.
Old 8/14/06, 02:22 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Tres Wright
Congrats on the order! My method for living with the wait was to put it completely out of mind. I contacted the dealer for an update every 3 weeks, beyond that I didn't worry or even think about it.

The shaker can be adapted to work with a CAI. Basically you have to mod the CAI shield to accept the air tube that is routed over from the shaker.

I have not seen a shaker modded to work (functionally) with an SC. I have seen a shaker scoop modded to sit over an SC, but it was no longer functional although it did still have the same appearance with the hood closed. The shaker has iffy performance gains anyway, reports are it is only good for around 2 hp. It's mainly a cosmetic upgrade.
Tres - if I understand you correctly - the shaker air intake tube would come down and need to integrate with the airbox....interesting - I suppose you could just run both the shaker scoop (it is mostly for looks) and route it's tube to an area near the JLT CAI filter so at least the shaker is bringing in cool at at speed? (since the JLT doesn't have an airbox).
Old 8/14/06, 02:44 PM
Cobra Member

Right, if you're talking about the CDC shaker there is a air tube that runs from the scoop assembly over to the airbox on the driver's side of the car. You basically cut a large hole through the airbox and the air tube ties in at that location. If you install a CAI you can still do the same thing, but the hole is cut through the CAI shield instead of the factory airbox. If the CAI shield seals well to the underside of the hood then it can still draw fresh air from the air tube. I'll see if I can find a pic of this, I've seen one around somewhere...
Old 8/14/06, 03:03 PM
Cobra Member

Wohoo, I found it! I am the search king baby! This is a shaker with CAI:

http://mustangjack.com/images/31.jpg

You can view the instructions online to see how the tube ties into the factory airbox:

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...kerGT%20TS.pdf

Really it's not a big deal to make it work with a CAI. A supercharger would be a bit more complicated, but there is a pic of one on the CDC site that has a centri SC.
Old 8/14/06, 04:06 PM
Cobra Member

Wohoo, I found it! I am the search king baby! This is a shaker with CAI:

http://mustangjack.com/images/31.jpg

You can view the instructions online to see how the tube ties into the factory airbox:

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com...kerGT%20TS.pdf

Really it's not a big deal to make it work with a CAI. A supercharger would be a bit more complicated, but there is a pic of one on the CDC site that has a centri SC.
Tres thanks appreciate your help...that shaker is tempting...I'm going to check it out on their web (price, etc.)!
Old 8/14/06, 07:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Now a trick is to cut a hole in the GT/CS hood scoop and tie it into the CIA.
Old 8/14/06, 07:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Hmmmm a rubber boot and some flex duct??
Old 8/14/06, 08:14 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by HOTLAP
Tres thanks appreciate your help...that shaker is tempting...
No problem! I must say that it looks very cool with a CAI like that. It's a little boring under the hood with the stock intake & airbox, but it looks very trick with a CAI.

Originally Posted by Dougxox
Now a trick is to cut a hole in the GT/CS hood scoop and tie it into the CIA.
Seriously someone could probably do quite well selling a conversion kit. Here's what it should consist of:

- Template for cutting hole in hood
- Replacement grille for hood scoop, similar to stock honeycomb pattern but hollow cells instead of solid
- Fiberglass or ABS "collector" that mounts to the bottom of the hood under the scoop
- Plastic tube routing from collector over to stock airbox or CAI (similar to the CDC shaker tube)

Would that not be cool? I would love to do that and shut all those people up that keep whining about the GT Appearance Group hood scoop being "fake"!!
Old 8/14/06, 08:35 PM
Cobra R Member

No problem! I must say that it looks very cool with a CAI like that. It's a little boring under the hood with the stock intake & airbox, but it looks very trick with a CAI.

Seriously someone could probably do quite well selling a conversion kit. Here's what it should consist of:

- Template for cutting hole in hood
- Replacement grille for hood scoop, similar to stock honeycomb pattern but hollow cells instead of solid
- Fiberglass or ABS "collector" that mounts to the bottom of the hood under the scoop
- Plastic tube routing from collector over to stock airbox or CAI (similar to the CDC shaker tube)

Would that not be cool? I would love to do that and shut all those people up that keep whining about the GT Appearance Group hood scoop being "fake"!!
Agree 100%, I would love to shove it in the face of those who dis the hood scoop. Tres, who do you think we need to talk to? Silverhorse? or any other ideas, Brad, we need help here We got an idea and need to make it work. It aggravates me with the nay sayers with the hood and side scoops that " don't work". How many really do??? mostly for looks, but I've always said, why can't it work, and most have told me why it won't insted of how it can work. This is a bunch of . Glad more people are starting to see things for what they are. Lets ger er done
Old 8/14/06, 09:21 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm noob to the ford scene

but whats the best intake for a 07' gt/cs? thanks. please dont tell me to search
Old 8/14/06, 09:32 PM
Cobra Member

It's an intriguing idea. I don't want to hijack Hotlap's thread though, so I started a new one here:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...319#post719319
Old 8/14/06, 09:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by touring
but whats the best intake for a 07' gt/cs? thanks. please dont tell me to search
There are several that seem to perform really well. Personally I'm going with the C&L because it has a great track record and looks cool too The GT/CS is the same as the GT under the hood, so anything that works on the GT will work on the CS as well.
Old 8/15/06, 06:10 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cool

thanks alot,how much is that cai?
Old 8/15/06, 09:27 AM
Cobra Member

Good idea guys on making the stock scoop functional.....only issue for me would be that I really want the shaker effect of the hood scoop being attached to the engine. Good luck on a kit though....if it could be kept at a reasonable price - probably sell a lot of them - you should offer the stock Ford hood scoop (or even others) as an option for those owners who would like to go this route - but don't have an existing hood scoop.
Old 8/15/06, 09:53 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,876 Posts
Originally Posted by HOTLAP
I just ordered my GT/CS fully loaded black on black/parchament, dark charcoal dash & (cloth top) vert. 8 weeks is gonna kill me

I did want to thank all of you who helped with the education process this past week so I could figure out what to order!

Question, for those of you familiar with the "shaker" hood scoop kits...can you integrate that with a CAI like the JLT? or even an SC? I ask because I ordered the GT hood scoop and would change my order if the JLT CAI would fit a shaker set up.....I think the GT/CS would look great with a shaker poking up through the hood

We Got your Order Confirmation This Morning! Why did you Order the Hot Pink Interior???? Just Kidding!!!!

kc
Old 8/15/06, 10:43 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
We Got your Order Confirmation This Morning! Why did you Order the Hot Pink Interior???? Just Kidding!!!!

kc
kc - you made my heart skip a beat on that one hot pink eh.....
Old 8/15/06, 12:00 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,542 Likes on 1,876 Posts
Oh I almost forgot did you forget code 61x? 350 Horse 4.6?

Just Kidding! No Such Thing!

kc
Old 8/15/06, 12:59 PM
Cobra Member

Kevin, there's going to be a bunch of new posts about the "secret" 350hp motor if you keep this up All it takes is one post to lead some of these people astray- joke becomes rumor, rumor becomes fact, LOL!
Old 8/15/06, 01:24 PM
Cobra Member

Kevin, there's going to be a bunch of new posts about the "secret" 350hp motor if you keep this up All it takes is one post to lead some of these people astray- joke becomes rumor, rumor becomes fact, LOL!

One CAN dream......350hp out of the box for a GT/CS would be sweeeeeet

Tres - I noticed you took delivery on 8/5 - what mods (performance) are you considering.....any thought on an SC?

Quick Reply: Don't know how I'm going to do it.......wait 8 weeks that is!!