2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

Active Alarm and High Electrical Content Battery

Search this Thread

Old 10/4/06, 09:48 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Active Alarm and High Electrical Content Battery

I just picked up my '07 GT/CS convertible with active alarm. I was told that when you ordered the Active alarm option - you also were supposed to get the High Electrical Content Battery (BXT-40R) and yet mine has the standard battery (BXT-96R). Can anyone confirm my understanding as being correct or did I hear wrong? I'm heading to the local dealer for a battery change if I was given the incorrect one.

By the way the car is fully loaded with the active alarm - so I can't imagine having any "Higher Electrical Content".......
Old 10/4/06, 10:26 AM
V6 Member

This was copied from the Ford.ca web site, US should be the same. It does seem to say that a higher AMP Hour (Ah) battery is in place. I would print this off from the Ford site and take it to the dealer for an explaination.

Active Anti-Theft System

Includes perimeter inclination, intrusion alarms, incline sensor, interior motion sensor, intrusion sensor, separate security sounder, unique anti-theft locksets.
This option features:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=content vAlign=top align=right width=15>- </TD><TD class=content>Battery amp hours (Ah)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=content vAlign=top align=right width=15>- </TD><TD class=content>Security system</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Feature: Battery amp hours (Ah)
Amp hours (Ah) is a unit of measurement for battery capacity, obtained by multiplying a current flow in amperes by the time in hours of discharge.
Old 10/4/06, 11:38 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by BCTechieboy
This was copied from the Ford.ca web site, US should be the same. It does seem to say that a higher AMP Hour (Ah) battery is in place. I would print this off from the Ford site and take it to the dealer for an explaination.

Active Anti-Theft System

Includes perimeter inclination, intrusion alarms, incline sensor, interior motion sensor, intrusion sensor, separate security sounder, unique anti-theft locksets.
This option features:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=content vAlign=top align=right width=15>- </TD><TD class=content>Battery amp hours (Ah)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=content vAlign=top align=right width=15>- </TD><TD class=content>Security system</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Feature: Battery amp hours (Ah)
Amp hours (Ah) is a unit of measurement for battery capacity, obtained by multiplying a current flow in amperes by the time in hours of discharge.
Brian - thank you - I will do
Old 10/4/06, 06:20 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
My '06 with active alarm has the upgraded (BXT-40R) battery 590CCA.
Old 10/4/06, 11:38 PM
Cobra Member

Thanks guys - I thought that was the case. Spoke with my local dealer's service dept today and (as usual) they had no clue about the higher amp battery being part of the "Active Alarm" package so I have to go in and "prove my case" to the Service Manger...sheesh ...for once it would be nice to have a professional FORD SERVICE ADVISOR understand the product. Why is it that when I call these guys for genuine warranty service - they make me feel like I'm trying to do something crooked

He also said it was lucky for me that I only have 200 miles on the car....I've got news for him - if I hadn't noticed this until 2000 miles - Ford would still be giving me the battery I paid for.....I can be more tenacious than my dealer can act ignorant....and you can take that to the bank!!
Old 10/5/06, 10:00 AM
GT Member

Sorry to ask a dumb question - but where is the battery code located so I can check mine? Thanks in advance.
Old 10/5/06, 01:55 PM
Bullitt Member

96 0r 40

Originally Posted by HOTLAP
I just picked up my '07 GT/CS convertible with active alarm. I was told that when you ordered the Active alarm option - you also were supposed to get the High Electrical Content Battery (BXT-40R) and yet mine has the standard battery (BXT-96R). Can anyone confirm my understanding as being correct or did I hear wrong? I'm heading to the local dealer for a battery change if I was given the incorrect one.

By the way the car is fully loaded with the active alarm - so I can't imagine having any "Higher Electrical Content".......
I have a 07 CS and I have the 96??Just called my service advisor and he said they will put in the right battery in the A/M.THANK YOU
Old 10/5/06, 05:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by tuco
Sorry to ask a dumb question - but where is the battery code located so I can check mine? Thanks in advance.
I knew it was a dumb question - the code is on the battery. I also have the 96R and the Active Alarm so I'll be calling my dealer.
Old 10/5/06, 08:09 PM
GT Member

Does this include when it is added as a dealer option?
Old 10/6/06, 11:01 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by hp246
Does this include when it is added as a dealer option?

It should - you paid for the system right - not only PART of the system and it is an important part of the system as you don't want to get caught with a dead battery due to the active alarm!
Old 10/6/06, 11:02 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by DANNY
I have a 07 CS and I have the 96??Just called my service advisor and he said they will put in the right battery in the A/M.THANK YOU
Tuco & Danny - glad to help and I bet we are not the only ones
Old 10/6/06, 01:26 PM
Cobra Member

Well - was just turned down by my local Ford dealer (big surprise there ) for the heavy duty battery. He called Ford and (after quite the wait) concluded that the reason Ford uses the heavy duty battey (BXT-40R) is for certain sound systems (I'm assuming he's referring to the Shaker 1000 ) anyway, when I explained that everything I had heard was that the BXT-40R was included as part of the Active Alarm package - he disagreed and said Ford is aware that customers with the active alarm are having dead batteries after the car has been sitting a while - but Ford considers that the customer's problem and not a warranty issue.....funny thing is that after the 1st 15 mins of waiting he came out and told me that Ford had no idea about the BXT-40R as part of the Active Alarm Package and asked for this web site address so Ford could verify what I was saying......that's amazing that Ford doesn't know what their options packages include....

Anyone who has had their battery replaced - hear anything different from your dealer?
Old 10/6/06, 02:25 PM
GT Member

I also have just returned from my dealers where I talked to both the salesman (who really cares less as this is just an annoyance for him and made it obvious); and the Service Mgr who said he would "look into it" and check with Ford. Based on Hotlap's post above, I am not optimistic that Ford will go for the 40R battery. There is another GT/CS on the dealer's lot and it also has the std 96R battery. The "as-built" sheet on my car, which I did see, shows the 96R battery as the "correct" battery.

Very confusing and somewhat frustrating at this point. I am not getting too excited that the battery will be upgraded. Anyone with helpful info would be appreciated on here.
Old 10/6/06, 02:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by karman
My '06 with active alarm has the upgraded (BXT-40R) battery 590CCA.
karman - does your '06 have the Shaker 1000? (referring to Hotlap's recent post).
Old 10/6/06, 03:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

The Ford '07 sourcebook lists under "Active Anti-theft System" in the Mustang section - Also has a 60-amp-hour battery to sound the alarm longer.
Old 10/6/06, 03:52 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,525 Likes on 1,861 Posts
I ran a Build Sheet on My Gt/Cs and I do have the 40 But no Active alarm. However I do Have Shaker 1000! I think that is what dictates the Heavier Battery. Although I would think a Vert and or Active alarm should also rate a 40. BTMO! So I guess Ford Figures it's Ok to have your Alarm run Your Battery Down but Not your Stereo!

KC
Old 10/6/06, 03:55 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by tuco
karman - does your '06 have the Shaker 1000? (referring to Hotlap's recent post).
No, I have the base radio. I almost never turn it on. I like listening to the engine.
Old 10/6/06, 04:02 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by karman
No, I have the base radio. I almost never turn it on. I like listening to the engine.
Thanks, and I do the same, the radio is never on, but the engine sure is..!!

Maybe there is no real reason behind why some cars have the 96 and some the 40 - although I can see how the Shaker 1000 might take the 40?? Hope collectively we get this figured out.
Old 10/6/06, 04:06 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,525 Likes on 1,861 Posts
Originally Posted by Little Black Pony
The Ford '07 sourcebook lists under "Active Anti-theft System" in the Mustang section - Also has a 60-amp-hour battery to sound the alarm longer.
But I can find Nowhere which of the Two Batteries Listed for The Mustang is a 60-amp-hour battery. It Lists CCA or Cold Cranking Amps only. 60 Amp Hour maybe the standard battery and the text may just be misleading fluff!
Old 10/6/06, 04:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
But I can find Nowhere which of the Two Batteries Listed for The Mustang is a 60-amp-hour battery. It Lists CCA or Cold Cranking Amps only. 60 Amp Hour maybe the standard battery and the text may just be misleading fluff!
True, probably is just fluff. The source books like to make things sound better than they are sometimes. Just like how the 2dr hatchback Focus has rear cup holders. Hah!

Quick Reply: Active Alarm and High Electrical Content Battery