2nd Service

Search this Thread

Old 12/19/07, 02:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2nd Service

I took in my 07 CS for its second service along with a list of problems:
-Engine ticking at idle = dealer can't do anything at this time
-Clunk in front end = I gave them the TSB, but they said it was the sway bar (I'll find out tomorrow when I pick it up)
-Humming from the back end = changed differential gears
-Passenger outside door handle does not sit flush after using it = They changed it

Anybody else with similar problems with such low miles?
Old 12/20/07, 08:04 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the heads up !
Old 12/20/07, 08:21 AM
Cobra R Member

well my engine has ticked since day one, but its completely normal. I have had one head unit go down but other than that, perfect for almost 25k miles
Old 12/20/07, 10:45 AM
CAL
GT Member

Overall, very good. I did (and still do after taking in yesterday) have a rattle coming out of the right air vent. Dealer had it all day. On the way home, still rattling. Just something I'm going to have to live with. Next service, I'll try again.

It's not too bad - just occasionally and I quickly deaden it out with the Shaker 500.
Old 12/20/07, 08:33 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by 07gtcs
I took in my 07 CS for its second service along with a list of problems:
-Engine ticking at idle = dealer can't do anything at this time
-Clunk in front end = I gave them the TSB, but they said it was the sway bar (I'll find out tomorrow when I pick it up)
-Humming from the back end = changed differential gears
-Passenger outside door handle does not sit flush after using it = They changed it

Anybody else with similar problems with such low miles?

Have had the rear end gear problem only, got that taken care of.
The other problems were 'Vert top and quarter glass alignments.
Other than that - NO PROBLEMS.

TDS
Old 12/20/07, 11:54 PM

Hey Cal, I just noticed that vent rattle myself. I haven't been able to isolate it yet but does seem to be coming from the right side dash or vent area. Hmmmm loose part or ? I only have 4k so far. Thank goodness for the shaker 1ooo to make the rattle go away.
Old 12/21/07, 05:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mid life mustang
Hey Cal, I just noticed that vent rattle myself. I haven't been able to isolate it yet but does seem to be coming from the right side dash or vent area. Hmmmm loose part or ? I only have 4k so far. Thank goodness for the shaker 1ooo to make the rattle go away.
Have you tried applying pressure on the dash while it rattles.
Old 12/21/07, 12:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just got back from my 2nd service visit for maintenance.
My next oil change is 5K miles away and, they always ask what's a "CS".
I can't believe I'm putting 300 miles a month on my car.
Old 12/21/07, 07:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Sway bar huh?? I had the TSB taken care of for the front suspension rattle, but it's still there. They want to replace the lower control arm now. Part is on order. Please let me know if the sway bar swap helps, Id like to pass along the info to the technicians.
Old 12/23/07, 06:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BLCKNED
Sway bar huh?? I had the TSB taken care of for the front suspension rattle, but it's still there. They want to replace the lower control arm now. Part is on order. Please let me know if the sway bar swap helps, Id like to pass along the info to the technicians.
Man, am I pizzzed off! Thought the rear humm was taken care off since they installed new gears, bearing, etc. Took it out on the highway and I heard a tiny humm, but thought it was nothing. I set the cruise at 70, but when I went to pass someone and in between 70 and 75 the rear end vibrates like crazy and that humm becomes a concert. I don't know what they did, but it appears someone at the dealer dropped the ball.

When I picked it up, I was told that they couldn't duplicate the clunk in the front and that they had tightened the sway bar...bullcrap...if you ask me. I can't believe that I can't find a dealer that it worth a dime. First dealer did several things wrong (Greenway Ford), and now this other dealer (Tropical Ford) seems to be going the same way. Am I too picky? I just want things done right the first time...
Old 12/25/07, 09:04 PM

I am right there with you!!! The dealer I ordered and bought my 08 Gt/CS vert from had their techs watching a video and reading the instruction manual on installing a remote start. That's all well and good, but they said it would take 5 to 6 full days to do it. A good Ford Service area is VERY hard to come by where I'm from. But then again, in New Orleans as us Paramedics say---the life you save may take your own!!!!
Old 12/27/07, 08:12 PM
Bullitt Member

My old 07 GT/CS had the ticking going on and it did it on acceleration... made me nervous...
Old 1/8/08, 10:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by wally05
My old 07 GT/CS had the ticking going on and it did it on acceleration... made me nervous...
Mine is quiet during acceleration, it just ticks at idle.

I'm going to try a third dealer to see if they can re-fix the differential problem. I'm going to give up on the ticking since the last dealer said it was the injectors

I still have the clunking in the front...not as bad, but it's still there and now I also have one coming from the mid or rear end.
Old 1/8/08, 11:10 AM
CAL
GT Member

Originally Posted by 07gtcs
Have you tried applying pressure on the dash while it rattles.
Yes, I've tried holding/applying pressure on the dash to no avail. Still rattles. Seems to be the chrome (round) surround on the right air vent. I push in on it while twisting it around a little bit and this seems to temporarily lessen the rattle. I noticed the dealer changed it out (or at least the paperwork had a part number for a vent) and man.....still makes the noise.

I wish I had not noticed it ---it used to be quieter.. Now that I know it's there---starting to bother the %$@%@ out of me. At least I have a "paper trail" at the dealer and two years left of warranty to get it right. Shaker 500 does a great job of drowning it out.

I'll wait til' next service and try Round 2 to get it fixed. I know if I start screwing around with it -- I'll break it and/or make it worse.

I guess I can always get some SLP Loudmouth axle backs to drown-out and "drone-out" all the noise. LOL
Old 1/8/08, 11:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Ford would like back all thier tools they left in the inner dash boards when your cars were assembled please. I have yet to hear it myself as yet , but things after the first few months may maove around a bit and become just ever so loose, and who will strip the dash apart to do it ? who would let them ? DArby Mills said it best " Turn It Load " voulume for music.
Old 1/8/08, 05:53 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I've got 700 miles on mine and I just noticed that the side scoop on the passenger side has come loose on the top rear corner. It's sticking out about 1/8 - 1/4 inch. We just had a real cold snap here and I think that the adhesive never bonded well and the cold was the final straw. You can push in on it and it will stick for a second, then pops back loose. I looked at a thread on here from a year ago where some folks had the same problem. Took it back today but I haven't decided what to do yet. They don't come painted and I don't trust them to get the paint matched right to replace it with a new one. I'm thinking about waiting until it warms up and having them redo the adhesive on this one and making sure it bonds correctly the first time. Maybe heat the area and scoop with a gun before applying it. I'm really disappointed that a body piece like that is not bolted on, or at least have some kind of snap in fastener and not just stuck on with 3M tape. I mean they went through the trouble of using 3 dowel pins to align it, why not use a fastener? Really cheap and a bad design in my opinion. The problem was happening at least a year ago, so they know about it. Should have been fixed by the time the '08s came out.
Old 1/9/08, 09:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CAL
Yes, I've tried holding/applying pressure on the dash to no avail. Still rattles. Seems to be the chrome (round) surround on the right air vent. I push in on it while twisting it around a little bit and this seems to temporarily lessen the rattle. I noticed the dealer changed it out (or at least the paperwork had a part number for a vent) and man.....still makes the noise.

I wish I had not noticed it ---it used to be quieter.. Now that I know it's there---starting to bother the %$@%@ out of me. At least I have a "paper trail" at the dealer and two years left of warranty to get it right. Shaker 500 does a great job of drowning it out.

I'll wait til' next service and try Round 2 to get it fixed. I know if I start screwing around with it -- I'll break it and/or make it worse.

I guess I can always get some SLP Loudmouth axle backs to drown-out and "drone-out" all the noise. LOL
Now I also have a rattle, but this one is coming from the shift console area...funny thing is that it is the same rattle my 66 has in the same area...
Old 1/12/08, 04:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just can't get a break! Took my car to another dealer and pretty much wasted my time. Told the advisor that the differential had been worked on and that there was a strong humm and vibration between 70-75 mph. I also told him about the front end clunk...well, when I picked it up he said that they can't verify the humm and vibration because they cannot force their mechanics to drive past the speed limit. Then to top it off he said that Ford considers noises normal if you can't hear them with the radio turned on to a normal volume...what the f*%@?

I can honestly say that I'm seriously considering trading it in for a different sports car...