2007-2009 Mustang GT/CS California Special

2 weeks 3 days...

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/07, 10:02 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 weeks 3 days...

I ordered my 2007 GT/CS two weeks and three days ago. Will I be able to change the color? I originaly went with Black, but after seeing one in Vista Blue, I changed my mind.

I am calling my dealer tomorrow...will he be able to make this change?
Old 4/21/07, 07:24 PM
GT Member

Well...I called him today and asked him to change the color. He wasn't happy about it...but I don't care. It was one of the easiest sale he ever had, I walked in and ordered the car. Anyway, he will find out for me on Monday, at worst I will cancel the order and go with a 2008.

If this car takes 8 to 10 weeks to build and deliver, I don't see any reason why the color cant be changed.

I know the Black is a beautiful look, I just hope I am not making a mistake. I just liked that Vista Blue more then the Black when I recently saw it. How about the interior, I am still sticking with the black/parch. I still like that best but does it work well with the VB?
Old 4/24/07, 08:14 PM
GT Member

For those wondering...I was able to change the color.

No VIN yet, so it was not a problem.
Old 4/24/07, 08:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dac64
I know the Black is a beautiful look, I just hope I am not making a mistake. I just liked that Vista Blue more then the Black when I recently saw it. How about the interior, I am still sticking with the black/parch. I still like that best but does it work well with the VB?
Black has the subtle look. Many need to look twice to see it is a GT/CS.

I do think the Vista Blue suits the GT/CS better.

But on either colour, I would lean towards Black/Dove.

However, Grabber Orange is still my favourite!
Old 4/25/07, 05:31 AM
GT Member

Had tha same issue at order. Went with V/B aand Dove. Car took 10 wks. total (late Jan - April), 3 1/2 wks to deliver once it was made (3/14) in Flat Rock. The 3 1/2 wk was the absolute worst. Both Black and V/B are cool, I just think the V/B, having the metallic, has different looks in different light. Besides, v/b is a driver, where my prior blacks required constant cleaning time.
V/B ought to look good at the Jersey shore, used to live there.
Old 4/26/07, 12:32 AM

Either one is going to rock. Mine came in today. Got the call at 5pm and I hauled A## down to the dealer to see it come off the truck. I order a blk cs and I am going to be happy cleaning that bad boy all the time. It took right at 10 wks. Worth the wait. Best of luck.
Old 4/26/07, 09:35 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by dac64
I ordered my 2007 GT/CS two weeks and three days ago. Will I be able to change the color? I originaly went with Black, but after seeing one in Vista Blue, I changed my mind.

I am calling my dealer tomorrow...will he be able to make this change?
Daniel, I did the exact same thing and your dealer should be able to accomodate you with no issues....after all the car hasn't been built yet and you are still early in the process. I had the black with parchament interior and a black cloth top and decided to go with the VB and dove interior. Just felt the dove would go better with the VB and cloth black top....if I had ordered the coupe, I probably would have stayed with the parchament interior as the VB/parchament looks good together.

Good luck and welcome the "Vista Blue" GT/CS owners ranks!!

By the way, black is beautiful - just too much maintenance for me to keep up with...my '05 GT was black on black.
Old 4/26/07, 10:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Good color choice BTW

Of course, I could be a just a wee bit biased.
Old 5/15/07, 12:27 AM
GT Member

Cool Colors Colors Colors

I like the VB and the Black. But my friends ordered a VB so that was out and I not into the constant cleaning a Black stang takes to keep it looking beautiful.
Sooooooooooo I order a Performance White on the 28th of April.
I have a vin number and hopefully in five weeks or so I'll join the ranks of the gtcs owners.
To break up the white I'm have Gloss Black strips added ASAP.

Thanks & keep posting.
Kennymustang