Grabber Orange Grabber Orange 2007+ Mustangs

Pros and Cons of G O

Search this Thread

Old 1/4/07, 12:21 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pros and Cons of G O

I am just a step away from a new 07 and I just cant decide on the color. I'm torn between GO , redfire and vista. I keep thinking GO will be out of style in a few years.. ??... opinions please
Old 1/4/07, 09:40 AM
Cobra Member

[sarcasm] Yeah, because nobody remembers the 1970 Boss 302 and Mach 1!! [/sarcasm]

TinPony2,

Grabber Orange has been in style for 37 years! However, this color is not for everybody. If you DO go with it... you'll be driving a color that makes up less than 1% of the color spectrum. Want to blend in with the crowd? Hit up one of your other color choices... GO is just badass and definately makes a statement! The question is, does this type of color fit YOU? Good luck in your decision! As the owner of www.grabberorange.net, I can tell you enthusiasm runs high over in BOGOVILLE (Brothers of Grabber Orange).

Breakdown by color for Sport/Compact cars:

We're in that 'All Others' bunch!

Notice what the cat in the window is staring at!!!!! Yup, da Stang!

Old 1/4/07, 10:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red fire is used alot across the Ford car lineup and so because of that I find it a little tired (though I still consider it a nice color) I am a blue guy so Vista is it for me but I thought heavily about GO for the 07 GT (still kind of do) I want to order. It's a fantastic color and as long as you don't mind the attention it "Grabs" (sorry had to ) then get the GO.
Old 1/4/07, 11:26 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
It's a fantastic color and as long as you don't mind the attention it "Grabs" (sorry had to ) then get the GO.
Tom... weren't we supposed to hook up this past year? I thought we talked about getting together.

Stan
Old 1/4/07, 09:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Its a retro color for a retro car.I figure what makes this color unique is there aren't any other manufaturers using this color so it really stands out.I've seen black Vettes,Red Chargers,Blue GTO's and White Monte Carlo SS's.Picking the right color is difficult but it has to refect your taste and style.Good luck!
Old 1/4/07, 10:07 PM
Bullitt Member

GO looks to much like school bus yellow to me. Now put it on a Boss or a Mav Grabber and its a different story. GO has always been more of a special color on a special car to me.
Old 1/5/07, 01:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by BurntPony
GO looks to much like school bus yellow to me. Now put it on a Boss or a Mav Grabber and its a different story. GO has always been more of a special color on a special car to me.
"School bus yellow"? Not sure I agree with that one.......

Old 1/5/07, 02:56 PM
Cobra Member

Now put it on a Boss or a Mav Grabber and its a different story. GO has always been more of a special color on a special car to me.
Your honor, the defense rests!
Old 1/5/07, 05:53 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Thats school bus grabber orange
Old 1/5/07, 06:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Did anybody find out yet how many GO units have sold thus far in MY2007 ? It was asked in another post but I never saw a reply...
Old 1/5/07, 07:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
it does look yellow some times in the right light
Old 1/5/07, 07:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

That just means that your lighting is faulty. Like others have said, it is not for everybody. But when I found out the color was available, I about wet my pants...
Old 1/5/07, 09:54 PM
GT Member

PitPup:: You talk about blending in with the crowd, I'm driving an 06 WV blue now. I absolutely love the attention the GO "grabs" [ had 2 again ]BUT, I will probably only have it a couple years and then if only 1% of the spectrum is GO, then only 1% of the car shoppers are going to be interested.... this is kind of holding me back from ordering. resale ease and value.
Old 1/5/07, 10:41 PM
Cobra Member

Some of us are in it for the long haul. I've made a commitment here. Financially and otherwise. I like the idea of owning a uniquely-colored car. I enjoy making it my own by performing mods that enhance its color and reveal the car's musclecar prowess. No one can convince you this is THE color for you. It either speaks to you or it doesn't. I wish you luck on your decision.

It's a big investment, and you're wise to consider fundamental options such as color before taking the leap.
Old 1/5/07, 11:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mustangs are belly button cars as it is ...get a "normal" colored one with stock appearance you are just another mustang.. nobody notices you...so if you are on the fence..just get yourself a red or black one like everybody else ...the more exclusive the BOGO club the better IMO ... I was on the fence about getting the GO when I went to buy ...I almost went with Red with White stripes because I was going to "play it safe" because I just wasn't sure about G.O. ...I finally decided to go bold ...best decision I could have made...the grabber orange with black stripes with the eleanor kit looks amazing and I can't even tell you how much attention it gets ... alot of this attention because of the Eleanor kit but the color is something people comment on as well ...
Old 1/6/07, 08:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

I like orange but I think the GO needs a little more red mixed in the blend its a little to yellow.
Old 1/6/07, 09:38 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TinPony2
PitPup:: You talk about blending in with the crowd, I'm driving an 06 WV blue now. I absolutely love the attention the GO "grabs" [ had 2 again ]BUT, I will probably only have it a couple years and then if only 1% of the spectrum is GO, then only 1% of the car shoppers are going to be interested.... this is kind of holding me back from ordering. resale ease and value.
Look, I'm one guy. But when I pick up the Ford Auto Trader to check out the 1970 Stangs for sale, many of the ads up front are in color. As I come across Boss after Boss after Boss (or Mach 1) I literally don't see the car in the ad unless it's Grabber Orange. What I'm saying is, when you go to sell it, there will be a market for your car. Fewer were made so fewer will be available.

And in this country, everyone is looking for that certain special used car. If my car gets totalled in 5 years from now, I'm scouring the Mustang trader for GO and GO only. I will then take it down to the body shop and duplilcate everything I have on the car now. I've found the perfect combo for me and... I don't care if the cat (see pic above) agrees or not!

Now let me be a friend. If you've had to anguish this much over 'should I or shouldn't I'... my advice is to pass on GO. Prolly not for you. It's not a color you have to think about. You don't 'grow' to love it. You're in love with the color from the jump. PERIOD. You 'feel' the Grabber, you don't 'think' the Grabber. It takes you and consumes every rod and cone in yer freakin' eyeballs. There is no other color after GO.

That said, once you have your GO GT, you can anguish all you want over whether you should go with Tungsten or White stripes. Or black hood.Before the car arrived, I personally started out wanting 10" Tungsten LeMans stripes. Then I wanted 10" White. I had people on this site doing mock ups for me. Here's one or two:

I decided on the Steeda once I played in Photoshop with a Screaming Yellow Q. I turned it into this, and that was it. I put down the mouse, stepped away from the keyboard and called Steeda. Here's my chop that sent me over the edge:

Shortly after my mock up, Austin from Steeda sent me the real deal:

So there you have it. Confessions of a Grabber Orange Supah freak:

Stop thinking about it... and FEEEEEEEEL it. Or buy redfire. Your call!
Old 1/8/07, 09:02 AM
GT Member

The lighting does **** with your head quite a bit with these cars, lol. Check out the last two pics that Pit just posted. The bottom one "has" more yellow in it...anyway, go with GO if you want people to gawk and stare at you as you drive by. I've had people in the Walmart parking lot just about trip over each other when I pull in, lol.
Old 1/8/07, 10:29 AM
GT Member

LOL Go Black!!!!!
Old 1/8/07, 11:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by grabber07
...anyway, go with GO if you want people to gawk and stare at you as you drive by. I've had people in the Walmart parking lot just about trip over each other when I pull in, lol.
?Walmart? Boy, u R brave...

Quick Reply: Pros and Cons of G O